ASK THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY CHAIRMAN - PART 3

55 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Sorry, but If the chairman is convinced this is true then I believe he can convince himself of anything.

I know a few people who are less bothered about the loss of stripes, but I've never heard a single person say they prefer the current design.

I mean, if the current shirt design is so unpopular, can you offer some reasoning as to why we've had record sales of it?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Today Mr Chansiri takes questions on the internal management structure, stripes and the club crest:

You do not have a CEO in place at the moment. Is this something you will consider for the future?

Of course, like any part of the club, if any move benefits Sheffield Wednesday, then it would be something I would consider.

Smashing. I'm available and willing to do it for nothing.

Why did you decide to take the blue and white stripes from the kit?

I have never said I will not return to blue and white stripes and I have never said stripes represent bad luck in Thailand!

What I have said and will always say is that I will never change tradition, I will always respect our history and I will never change the blue and white of Sheffield Wednesday.

Good man.

Lets do this thing!

roland_nilsson_365x470_zpsf496288f.thumb.jpg.548ac4515a2861e1e5b8187037c6921c.jpg

7 minutes ago, cowl said:

Can't say I'm entirely convinced by his rebuttal to the matter of whether he micro-manages.

I've never known the fact there are managers in place prevent the inveterate micro-manager from micro-managing them.

Having said that, he brings up the subject himself in answer to a question that was hardly loaded, so fair play for making an earnest attempt to address fans' concerns rather than just answering these questions minimally.

I was just about to post a similar view but you've summed it up perfectly.

Hopefully we'll also hear more about Joe Palmer's role and responsibilities at the club in the forthcoming features as I believe that's where the micro-managing opinion stems from for many fans.

8 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I mean, if the current shirt design is so unpopular, can you offer some reasoning as to why we've had record sales of it?

To be honest a clubs home shirt is always going to be the biggest seller of all club merchandise isn't it..

Like a starving man, the three month wait to be fed will also have helped. You saw the desperation on here on a daily basis.

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest a clubs home shirt is always going to be the biggest seller of all club merchandise isn't it..

Like a starving man, the three month wait to be fed will also have helped. You saw the desperation on here on a daily basis.

Some truth in that I'm sure.

I just find the disconnect between the Owlstalk bubble and reality quite interesting at times though:  For all the statements about refusing to purchase the kit, and the vitirol about the design of the kit, the pricing, and the delays; it ends up having record sales.

And I'll confess, I don't mind the design of the new kit (I am, however, just a filthy North American "soccer" peasant), but I'm not in love with it.  But then again, I really like the look of the old late 80's purple and silver away kit - my judgement is probably not to be trusted.

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Smashing. I'm available and willing to do it for nothing.

Good man.

Lets do this thing!

roland_nilsson_365x470_zpsf496288f.thumb.jpg.548ac4515a2861e1e5b8187037c6921c.jpg

The more I see that old shirt(far right) with the off centre stripes the more I like it.

It's different, I do like different........and with the collar and white banded short sleeves it's also wearable,

24 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

We broke sales records for one day...

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/record-shirt-sales-on-monday/

Bearing in mind people had been waiting 3 months for it to come out, I'm not surprised sales were brisk are you?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF

Does he mean the designer of the current home shirt?

I've not met a single person who prefers this home shirt to stripes?

Hi,

Let me break your duck. For me the white sleeves kit is my dad taking me to the match in the sixties. It's my favourite Wednesday style. I know I'm in a minority btw.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

We broke sales records for one day...

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/record-shirt-sales-on-monday/

Bearing in mind people had been waiting 3 months for it to come out, I'm not surprised sales were brisk are you?

Oh, is that all it is?

Based on what I had heard when they finally came out, and DC's comments I was thinking that we had set records on sales to this point in the season, not just a single day's sales.

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

I just find the disconnect between the Owlstalk bubble and reality quite interesting at times though:  For all the statements about refusing to purchase the kit, and the vitirol about the design of the kit, the pricing, and the delays; it ends up having record sales.

And I'll confess, I don't mind the design of the new kit (I am, however, just a filthy North American "soccer" peasant), but I'm not in love with it.  But then again, I really like the look of the old late 80's purple and silver away kit - my judgement is probably not to be trusted.

The other thing is, some fans would buy one of those chalky white dog turds of the 70's if it has the right badge or logo on it.

Look at the thread the other week.

People saying "Bit expensive that for what it is.....If if was Fred Perry I might pay that much for it"

Why?!

Look at all the threads where people want ADIDAS or Nike etc etc.

Yes. Some of it is about quality control....but we can't kid ourselves. Some people just love labels.

It's crazy. And a similar principle applies to the home shirts. Whatever their design some people will buy it. 

Kids will always want one. Some of them are too young to think about what stripes might mean to us and if a kid wants one..... A mother or father will buy one. It's a rare parent who'd say "You're not having this monsrosity until the club sorts itself out and regains some sense of it's self" etc etc

Just now, Warnocchio said:

Hi,

Let me break your duck. For me the white sleeves kit is my dad taking me to the match in the sixties. It's my favourite Wednesday style. I know I'm in a minority btw.

You have but a precious few moments to run out of town while the mob gathers the torches and sharpens the pitchforks....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

You have but a precious few moments to run out of town while the mob gathers the torches and sharpens the pitchforks....

I will run the opposite way then . I like the shirt I think its the best home shirt in ages.  As soon as they announced that we would be having a retro shirt this is basically what I had in mind ( less the elev8 logo ) which takes a little gloss off it , but yes I do like it 

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Fair play on the stripes, I think we’ll have them back soon. 

As for the crest, there’s a reason it was never worn in the 50’s- it’s bobbar. 

It's not fair play play though is it.

Again Chansiri is treating us like mugs and trying to rewrite history

He's using a few years  of our 150 years when we weren't blue & white stripes, to justify a change to HIS personal preference.

Read his last comment 'I will always repect OUR history  and I will never change the blue & white of SWFC'

He's trying to tell us that our tradition is just Blue and White. Go ask any football fan in the country and they''ll say different.

He' s an ego mad dictator treating us like mugs, I really fecking hate Chansiri, and I don't use that word often.

Edited by zzmdu

6 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Hi,

5 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Oh, is that all it is?

Based on what I had heard when they finally came out, and DC's comments I was thinking that we had set records on sales to this point in the season, not just a single day's sales.

Mate, you are quite within your rights to like the shirt, I'm pleased that you do. For the record, I'm not a diehard stripes mentalist, I'm just keen that in general we seek to not erode our great traditions.

The "record sales" headline was just spin. Its sole aim was to gloss over the whole kit debacle; whether you like the design or not, it's very difficult to argue that from production, to launch the whole thing was anything other than a farce.

Of course, I appreciate the feedback of all our fans, some who prefer the stripes and some who prefer the current design and some who prefer something else completely different.

Who are these people who don't want the stripes, or the current design but want something completely different? And what do they want?!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

OT is indeed just a little bubble, but it's one that a huge amount of people peer into 

re the shirt design with black shorts looks ok i agree - EXCEPT I supported SWFC for a couple of years give or take 60 (not ipswich ) We played over 90% of our history in stripes .

The rather lame excuse by DC that it was selected from our history as some sort of nod to tradition is thinly veiled hogwash

he didnt pick the other variables hoops or halves because it doesn't show his name off nothing whatsoever to do with history . IF there was truth to it why pick the very one that was hated at the time.

Anyone believing that could pm their bank details I simply want to see how many 0s there are 

• Like 1