Chansiri and son

Just now, mr moody said:

Maybe being within one win from the promised land in carlos' first season, then not turning up in the semi final against huddersfield season after, and now languishing in 15th place at the moment. Looks like a bit of a decline to me tbf.

Yeah thanks for completely ignoring the main part of my post.

4 minutes ago, mr moody said:

Maybe being within one win from the promised land in carlos' first season, then not turning up in the semi final against huddersfield season after, and now languishing in 15th place at the moment. Looks like a bit of a decline to me tbf.

So 6th to 4th is a decline? 

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

Yeah thanks for completely ignoring the main part of my post.

Not ignoring your point markowl, you make a valid point regarding the last 15 years, however, i was making a point that we have declined since carlos' first season.

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

when your one result off the premier league as apposed to 2 , yes id say it is. We never turned up against huddersfield last season. Played 2 great playoff semis season before. Better league place yes, but 1st season we got through the playoff semis and played well. fell at the 1st hurdle in playoffs last season. so yes id say its a decline. But this season we are sinking out of contention. Thats an even bigger decline imho. 

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

He's far more culpable for our decline than Carlos

Hes also culpable for our rise in stature and expectations. Some of the stuff posted about him has shown people have started to lose the plot....almost as if they miss complaining about an owner/chairman.

I don’t agree with his pricing, some of the changes to the kit and I think he has been poorly advised on some (not all) transfers. But we wouldn’t have had two playoffs without him.

the key test will be whether mistakes are learnt from. If not and we run into trouble then I think that is the time to criticise to this level, but prior to this season he could say his modus operandi had produced results.

Edited by Bluesteel

He has to do the hardest thing leaders have to do, and make a decision for the greater good, by having a tough conversation with a decent man. Carlos isn't working any more. Before anyone asks, I haven't been today, but it seems one hard luck story after another and 4 losses in 5 is a poo tonne of "bad luck". Whatever it is, "it" isn't working any more. Let's thank Carlos for one GREAT year and 2 good finishes, wish him all the best, and plan for the future. No hard feelings but he's run his course, sorry.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

Woooaaahhh! Easy fella. Just surprised CC would go by train to Derby! 

Seen him a couple of times tbh.

1 minute ago, Sheffield1973 said:

He has to do the hardest thing leaders have to do, and make a decision for the greater good, by having a tough conversation with a decent man. Carlos isn't working any more. Before anyone asks, I haven't been today, but it seems one hard luck story after another and 4 losses in 5 is a poo tonne of "bad luck". Whatever it is, "it" isn't working any more. Let's thank Carlos for one GREAT year and 2 good finishes, wish him all the best, and plan for the future. No hard feelings but he's run his course, sorry.

finding it hard not to agree but ive still got a glimmer of hope for CC, or am i being sentimental, for me next week answers my question

35 minutes ago, mr moody said:

when your one result off the premier league as apposed to 2 , yes id say it is. We never turned up against huddersfield last season. Played 2 great playoff semis season before. Better league place yes, but 1st season we got through the playoff semis and played well. fell at the 1st hurdle in playoffs last season. so yes id say its a decline. But this season we are sinking out of contention. Thats an even bigger decline imho. 

Wolves lost in the play off semi in 95 and 97 before eventually getting promotion in 2003 after a 19 year ab sense from the top division.Not getting promotion has obviously affected the players more than people thought

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

2 hours ago, mr moody said:

Sick of the 'finished 4th' argument, wins nothing, we were further away from promotion than the year before (and having had to endure poo football, scoring less goals and losing more games) as has been pointed out

Agree we are in decline, evidenced by the fact we are now 16th (though suspect clappers will come up with an excuse about being early in the season), playing crap football (again) bar the odd game and have been embarrassed by our city neighbours and bottom clubs, who previously couldn't buy a win before we played them,

3 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Chansiri "lives" in London - I've seen them getting the train up and back many a match day. There's Usually a mob of them though -7 or 8 with wives and other kids. 

You must live in London too then if you've seen them getting the train up?

3 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Chansiri "lives" in London - I've seen them getting the train up and back many a match day. There's Usually a mob of them though -7 or 8 with wives and other kids. 

Or you live in Sheffield if you've seen them getting the train back?