He just simply has to go if we lose tomorrow

11 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

First of all it really isn’t a “shambolic” of getting a job. Carlos is under pressure and it’s rightly or wrongly how the game works. 

Also, you’ve made a massively incorrect assumption my source is anyone on here, it’s not. 

You dont think a blokes reps contacting a club, who already have a manager, saying their man is available shambolic? 

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

You dont think a blokes reps contacting a club, who already have a manager, saying their man is available shambolic? 

That's their job. Why is it 'shambolic'? If this has happened (and who knows if it has or not?) it's football these days. It's not like our dreadful start is only visible to us fans, is it? Plus the infamous 20 quid note incident had massive coverage (embarrassingly). If Big Sam is really interested, I suspect his reps saw the 83% of all the goals dreadful Bolton have scored in their last 12 goals were against us stat and thought 'this guy is/should be on borrowed time' and just did their job. 

Edited by Almat

Don't agree, why do many feel we have a devine right to be promoted automatically this season? We've spent between £25-30M on transfer fees over three years (we're not even sure Carlos has the ultimate say in who comes in either, we all know this started out as a transfer by committee policy, why do we think that has changed all of a sudden, scouting around for so many centre backs when we all know good one's were available smells to me of the fact that the money to get them here wasn't on offer and we had to move onto the next target until we ended up with van Aken, who although decent and seemingly has bags of potential isn't what we needed).

£25-30M over 3 seasons is only £8-10M per season, our rivals trump this almost every transfer window, Boro and Wolves spunked around double that on one player LOL.

As frustrating as it is as our hopes have been lifted, we massively overachieve in Carlos' first season taking the league by surprise, then we got found out and had to play quite unattractive compact football which actually got us better results. The play-offs are a complete lottery and I don't see losing in them as an absolute failure. Your tactics and luck have to be in as you've only three games to get it right, it's not as cut throat as many will make it out to be. 

For me he shouldn't be sacked, we should set the example, get behind them, obviously they are nervous when we get behind them, like at Preston, Bolton, vs United. They seem to be worried that if they make a mistake all these people are going to turn on us and the mindless and noisy idiots do just that. We've not making it an environment for them to think, d'you know what even if we screw up those lot are going to be behind us no matter what.

What don't we do that, just go to enjoy the day, be the barmy army of old, it's not like were playing in the league below getting battered without a pot to wee wee in and having player like Jon Beswetherick turn out for us. We all need to get some perspective and just enjoy being a team that WILL win more than it loses and WILL be near the top end of the table come the end of the season.

WAWAW!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Almat said:

That's their job. Why is it 'shambolic'? If this has happened (and who knows if it has or not?) it's football these days. It's not like our dreadful start is only visible to us fans, is it? Plus the infamous 20 quid note incident had massive coverage (embarrassingly). If Big Sam is really interested, I suspect his reps saw the 83% of all the goals dreadful Bolton have scored in their last 12 goals were against us stat and thought 'this guy is/should be on borrowed time' and just did their job. 

Effectively forcing a man out of his job because a few results and bad luck have gone against us is a tvvatty thing to do. Fair enough they're looking after their man and to say that's "football these days" doesn't make it right. 

Maybe my morals are slightly different to yours? Or is it you don't care as it could achieve your aim and get Carlos out of a job?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Effectively forcing a man out of his job because a few results and bad luck have gone against us is a tvvatty thing to do. Fair enough they're looking after their man and to say that's "football these days" doesn't make it right. 

Maybe my morals are slightly different to yours? Or is it you don't care as it could achieve your aim and get Carlos out of a job?

Sheffield football fans are generally just twts nowadays..once you accept that it helps...probably just a reflection of society..even my blade supporting mate called the blades fans nasty and the scenes after the norwich match could put him off going..

10 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

...so says the poster who wants Nuhiu out of the club and posts incessantly about it, including a thread you started in which you posted a donkey wired up to the mains. I'm assuming the embarrassment gene passed you by during your incubation period? 

2 minutes ago, Almat said:

...so says the poster who wants Nuhiu out of the club and posts incessantly about it, including a thread you started in which you posted a donkey wired up to the mains. I'm assuming the embarrassment gene passed you by during your incubation period? 

Nuhiu is nowhere near good enough for a club trying to compete in this league. The donkey shock thing was in jest because of the ridiculous lengths posters on here go to to champion his cause. 

In my opinion he has to go regardless. I know it's harsh but he can't really win with me.

A loss and it's bye bye for me

A win just proves the doubters correct that he's capable every now and again of getting a result - which we all know he can - but he just can't do it consistently. A great perfomance and a win today is just teasing fans with what could be possible on a regular basis

6 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Nuhiu is nowhere near good enough for a club trying to compete in this league. The donkey shock thing was in jest because of the ridiculous lengths posters on here go to to champion his cause. 

And, you know what, neither is Carlos for where we want to go. What's the difference? Difference is I wouldn't post a thread about Carlo's lack of ability with the bad taste photo you did about Nuhiu. I guess THAT'S the difference in our morals right there. I would imagine there's as much chance of you saying the things you say about Nuhiu on here to his face as attending the Steering Group when offered a ticket after criticising those who do attend...

Edited by Almat

14 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I used to be very much in the camp believing that Carlos aint up to us getting promotion and maybe I still am...

But I’m now more of the opinion that DC really isn’t an easy person to work with and is starting to look like the muppet that used to be at Leeds in terms of lack of leadership..

Mr C just seems to want yes men around him and so long as they tell him what he wants to hear they’l be fine...

C’mon Redgate, man up!

Spot on. I feel the same way. I personally don’t think Carlos should ever have been appointed, but that’s not his fault, he’s a decent man doing the best job he can. The problems at the Club, and I think there are many, stem from DC in my opinion.  I find it worrying that the whole culture of the club is changing, and not in the way I would like. 

2 minutes ago, Almat said:

And, you know what, neither is Carlos for where we want to go. What's the difference? Difference is I wouldn't post a thread about Carlo's lack of ability with the bad taste photo you did about Nuhiu. I guess THAT'S the difference in our morals right there. I would imagine there's as much chance of you saying the things you say about Nuhiu on here to his face as attending the Steering Group when offered a ticket after criticising those who do attend...

Carlos getting us up or not, none of us know that.

Nuhiu being able to score/ run/ tackle is obvious to anybody that watches him. Bad footballers being called donkeys is not the end of the world, the donkey shock cartoon was clearly a joke. 

Potential new managers reps having words with a Chairman when he's seemingly being loyal to his manager aint right. But you want Carlos gone so you don't give a to55 how it happens so you turn a blind eye to it. Your anti Carlos comments have been going on for some time and your rot is infecting the fence-sitters. I've looked through your posts and finding it difficult to locate a positive one. Are you sure Wednesday is the club for you? 

The Steering Group thing... I was out of the country at the time. And what happened with the questions last time? Oh yeah same old sheep saying nowt

Stupid thread.  Why on earth do Wednesday fans think we have some divine right to go up?

There are lots of richer owners than Chansiri in the championship.

I think Carlos has done brilliantly to get us in the play offs in the last two seasons.  

Today's opponents, Derby, keep changing managers and they aren't doing any better than us. And they've won the league twice in my lifetime, so they'll think they are much bigger than us. Reality check.  

On 20 October 2017 at 11:13, g-owls said:

As above, I don't think it matters one bit.

Carlos is going nowhere and we're going to have to make the best of a bad job.

This^^^. DC wont sack him. Think this seasons a bit of just wait and see now. Have no faith in Carlos anymore but no point ranting about it because it's not down to us.

10 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm sure we have played worse than that but in terms of what it meant, not played in 5 years, money we have spent, I think it was the most shameful, embarrassing and shambolic performance ive ever known from a Wednesday side! Don't for get it was the first time they have ever scored 4 at Hillsborough!

Not true in fact. 

Back in 1958-9 they beat us 4-1 at Hillsborough in the County Cup.  In those days it meant something and there was about 15 to 20 thousand there. 

That was my first derby match.  We finished champions that season, and they finished 3rd and just missed out. 

I can think if about 100 more shambolic performances from Wednesday sides.   Not that long since Stevenage and Exeter were beating us 5-1.  

3 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Did you think Manderic was shamboic when he did something very similar re Megson/Jones? It’s just how the game works. 

You made one false assumption claiming my source is on here when they aren’t. You’ve made another saying I WANT Carlos out. Read my first post again. I want Carlos to succeed but sadly and v reluctantly have to conclude the evidence suggests he won’t and despise the abuse by some he gets. Hope that’s clear enough for you. 

Edited by OasisOwl72

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Carlos getting us up or not, none of us know that.

Nuhiu being able to score/ run/ tackle is obvious to anybody that watches him. Bad footballers being called donkeys is not the end of the world, the donkey shock cartoon was clearly a joke. 

Potential new managers reps having words with a Chairman when he's seemingly being loyal to his manager aint right. But you want Carlos gone so you don't give a to55 how it happens so you turn a blind eye to it. Your anti Carlos comments have been going on for some time and your rot is infecting the fence-sitters. I've looked through your posts and finding it difficult to locate a positive one. Are you sure Wednesday is the club for you? 

The Steering Group thing... I was out of the country at the time. And what happened with the questions last time? Oh yeah same old sheep saying nowt

Yeah...you like trolling through old posts..Strange critter you are.