The real reason there's a meltdown at SWFC

They don't bother me, but are doing well and deserve to be where they are. No illusions that they could go up, and if they do we should be applauding it as we should be streets ahead of them.

Our own failings are quite apparent, and sadly as it is our 150th anniversary, it seems everything is really going wrong on and off the pitch. 

Guest Kameron

This has been coming long before United were promoted, we had the perfect opportunity and resources to go and get what was needed after the PO final defeat against Hull.  We blew it big time and are now reaping what was sown 18 months ago. United doing well does rub salt into the wounds and DC should have a very close look at how it has been achieved.  Not for a minute do I believe it was a maste plan by McCabe he got lucky Wilder has done so well using old school methods and not coaching the players to death with bullshit baffling tactics, he's no wizard he just gets his team fit and playing for each other and stayed clear of aging prima donnas.  

12 minutes ago, Kameron said:

This has been coming long before United were promoted, we had the perfect opportunity and resources to go and get what was needed after the PO final defeat against Hull.  We blew it big time and are now reaping what was sown 18 months ago. United doing well does rub salt into the wounds and DC should have a very close look at how it has been achieved.  Not for a minute do I believe it was a maste plan by McCabe he got lucky Wilder has done so well using old school methods and not coaching the players to death with bullshit baffling tactics, he's no wizard he just gets his team fit and playing for each other and stayed clear of aging prima donnas.  

chairman appoints a poor manager he's a crap chairman ,chairman appoints a good manager he got lucky ............who'd be a chairman lol

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Nail on the head.

When they blew 6 play offs we laughed at every single failure, oh how we laughed. When we bottle 2 some of our fans think this is success.

I still can not comprehend how anybody can think we have been a success in the last 2 years. Not showing up in both play off campaigns and now reverting to mid table (hopefully no lower) also ranks with a 30 million quid squad. If that’s success god knows what failure is 

9 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I bet the porkers can't believe whats happening this season, they are getting revenge for 6yrs of abuse in spades, I keep hoping they're bubble will burst but no sign of it happening yet.

Thier manager is keeping the players feet on the ground, sadly after the hull final all ours seemed to take off, new contracts, big wage rises etc, then things staarted to go wrong

Guest Kameron
54 minutes ago, torryowl said:

chairman appoints a poor manager he's a crap chairman ,chairman appoints a good manager he got lucky ............who'd be a chairman lol

I don't think they would have achieved what they have without the £1 investment from prince Abdulah. He should be the chancellor, never before has a quid gone so far.  You make yer own luck to a degree  but McCabe found the right man at the right time, add that to how many clubs in this division think they have a god given right to be promoted because they've chucked millions at it, if they stay injury free which will need another slice of luck they're in with a shout, although I do expect some of the bigger clubs to get their acts together, let's hope Chansiri starts learning fast.

10 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I was thinking this...people are just mardy cos its the blades..

And Bolton are bottom so that adds another deep wound

People forget the tough periods we've had in the last two seasons.

Where were Birmingham when we played them? 

Let's face it the fact that united have spent £9.6 million and we've sp unked £60 mill up the wall was never going to go down well.

But guess what, it's the way we have lost against these teams that has pi-ssed most people off.

As the saying goes

"SAME OLD CARLOS"

love the bloke to bits as a person, but as a manager whether we win or lose the next 3 games I still want him gone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I can think of more reasons.

The kit fiasco 

Change of stripes

Change of badge

Random signings without addressing key areas.

Signings that never play.

Faith in a manager that should have gone after the Huddersfield games.

Fans being priced out of supporting the club.

Fans paying more to watch dross than Man City fans to watch UCL football.

150th anniversary turning in to a complete mockery.

These are my reasons for being disgruntled at the minute.

Spot on, I don’t give a $hit about Utd. They’ve yet to hit downtown and it will come. It’s the Championship after all and no team is immune.

They’ll tail off imo but still finish top 10, which is far from a given with us atm. 

10 hours ago, FuthaMucker said:

BOOOOO GIVE US PASHUN AND DESIYAH

Take the mickey my son, but it was that passion and desire that turned us over on 24/9.

They got their best ever result at S6 with team spirit desire and determination which we couldn't match.

I'm not sure why you made the stupid 'Allen in' comment as that the cahiarman is irrelevant to the passion and energy on the pitch.

Putting your head in the sand will not help mattters.

9 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

They just never learn and can't resist spouting off.

Serious question; do you blame them?

Plenty on here were 'spouting off' in the close season how they'd be down by Xmas or wouldn't get to Rotherham's points total.

They are just giving it back while they can. We'd do the same so I don't see what you problem is.

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

I still wouldn’t bet on United being in the playoffs come the end of the season. 

I would still be on us being in the top 6 though, CC or no CC. 

How much would you bet?

I'll happily offer £50 for the Children's Hospital, that they finish higher than us.

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I can think of more reasons.

The kit fiasco 

Change of stripes

Change of badge

Random signings without addressing key areas.

Signings that never play.

Faith in a manager that should have gone after the Huddersfield games.

Fans being priced out of supporting the club.

Fans paying more to watch dross than Man City fans to watch UCL football.

150th anniversary turning in to a complete mockery.

These are my reasons for being disgruntled at the minute.

I agree that much of the above is what is turning out fans from good supporters into whining mardy arses. 

Don't think CC can be blamed for United's success or ripoff marketing though. 

I still think getting rid of Carlos would be akin to getting rid of Buckingham in the 60s or Francis in the 90s.   

We have a habit of shooting ourselves in the foot.  I've no idea whether we'll make the playoffs or not this season but I'll be amazed if we go up after changing the coach after only a quarter of the season. 

• Like 1

It’s central to things. It’s the unthinkable scenario that seemed unlikely in the summer. 

I also think their squad is average but they  have a good manager, team spirit and are riding the wave of positiivity without pressure. The fact that they are up there just shows how our group are under performing (as well as Derby). The teams who are winning the battles are the ones up there. We do not like a battle.

We have too much baggage at the moment as this set up is associated with failure and frustration. A change could really change the mood about the place.

10 hours ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

My reasoning is there are at least 6 other teams better than them including us so yeah let them enjoy it while it lasts

More expensive players with more experience at this level players yes, but a better team? We’re kidding ourselves if we think that and nothing will change our manager  (or his replacement) shapes the expensive players we’ve got into a team or ships them out. 

United have few if any stars and a tiny wage bill compared to ours, but they have a good manager who’s got them playing constantly in the way he wants them to so we’ve got to stop kidding ourselves. Leicester won the Premiership because they got a good team together at a fraction of the cost of the ‘big’ clubs, and Clough did the same thing at Derby and Forest albeit in different times. The team’s blend and it’s spirit and togetherness are everything, expensive individual players on big wages mean nothing unless they fit into the team as we’ve seen with Rhodes, and only when we have a team playing like a team will our better players make the difference.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Is because the Pigs are doing very well ain't it?

They beat us and they're looking a very good bet for a play off place, maybe dare I say automatic. 

Lets face it, we may say we don't care about them, but deep down we will be absolutely gutted if they go up and we stay down. After years of taunting them if they were to go up in their first season back it would be gutting for any Wednesdayite. Especially after we came so close but couldn't get over the line.

The Blade factor is adding even more pressure on the club, manager and the players. There's no denying it. Our form regardless of their position in the league is still concerning to say the least, but I don't think it would be panic stations and as much of a meltdown if they weren't doing so well. 

Frustrating time to be an Owl, something needs to change, someone needs to come in and inject a bit of life and positivity into the players and fans. We all need a lift and quick. I can't see that lift coming under Carlos. 

He is by no means completely at fault for what is going on at the club at the moment,  but he's the manager and unfortunately for him he's in the firing line. We can't go on like this. Change is needed. Who I don't know but it needs to happen sharpish. 

You are correct in saying the Blade factor is placing more pressure on the manager and the players. They have also shown how to use the loan market and introduce young players into the mix and look a well balanced squad in terms of energy, pace, strength, skill and age. They look a team with a future ahead of them. Think we do not see some of these qualities when we look at our first team squad.