The real reason there's a meltdown at SWFC

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Is because the Pigs are doing very well ain't it?

They beat us and they're looking a very good bet for a play off place, maybe dare I say automatic. 

Lets face it, we may say we don't care about them, but deep down we will be absolutely gutted if they go up and we stay down. After years of taunting them if they were to go up in their first season back it would be gutting for any Wednesdayite. Especially after we came so close but couldn't get over the line.

The Blade factor is adding even more pressure on the club, manager and the players. There's no denying it. Our form regardless of their position in the league is still concerning to say the least, but I don't think it would be panic stations and as much of a meltdown if they weren't doing so well. 

Frustrating time to be an Owl, something needs to change, someone needs to come in and inject a bit of life and positivity into the players and fans. We all need a lift and quick. I can't see that lift coming under Carlos. 

He is by no means completely at fault for what is going on at the club at the moment,  but he's the manager and unfortunately for him he's in the firing line. We can't go on like this. Change is needed. Who I don't know but it needs to happen sharpish. 

With the signings at the end of last season, fans were expecting the team to be going for an automatic.  The pigs balloon will burst shortly.

54 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

You think this United side is similiar to the Bassett and Warnock sides of the past.

Its a common misconception and couldn’t be further from the truth.

United recently played Derby off the park. Wolves are supposedly a highly talented team but they hardly had a kick and at times were outclassed at Bramall Lane.

The midfield trio is the best I’ve seen at Bramall Lane in over 40 years and is proving to be easily amongst the best midfields in the Championship.

United have been the best team in their last 9 consecutive games and should arguably now be on a run of 9 consecutive wins (instead of 7 wins and 2 defeats).

You can’t always legislate for one off results, luck can play a part

but results tend to follow performances and our performances are always good with opposition fans always surprised and impressed.

United play Leeds at Elland Road next week on Sky.

I can guarantee Wilder won’t have any fear going there, he will be positive and go for the win.

Although we all know strange things can happen, anything is possible in football and things can quickly change.

Its a long season and far too early to predict who will finish where.

It may well be better than those classic sides but I think a lot of sides in the championship would be better than them on paper now too. I think this weds side is better than some of our premier league sides, when they are at it anyway. 

Wednesday would have had cause to say they have had one of the best midfields and forward lines in the division too at times, but form and mentality plays a huge factor in delivering on this. Currently we are not playing like we can or should.

As I said, I believe that the atmosphere around your club is allowing uniteds team to play at and probably above it’s best. If you keep that up for long enough it will be an amazing achievement as it can’t be denied that there are a fair few players in there that have yo yod between divisions.

Edited by Bluesteel

The pigs doing well is definitely a factor but really I think that dark day in September takes some coming back from. Before that game we had some form and they had just lost at home. To lose so badly to your rivals is bad and will take a while for Carlos to comeback from, perhaps he will never comeback. the 2 away games then losing in poor fashion at Birmingham and Bolton. But for the last 70 Minutes, after another poor start, we ripped Leeds apart.

I am not too fussed if he goes or stays at the minute, I think mistakes have been made with recruitment and I'm not clear who is making all the calls there. I think we need some clear football leadership in the form of a director of football.

if he goes I don't see a clear replacement who will turn everything around, karanka played worse football than carlos at Middlesborough and had a huge player revolt, please not pardew, I think he is going backwards. I would hire Heckingbottom if thinking long term or Lambert if he thinks we can still get promoted this season.

If he can get a draw against Derby and beat Barnsley and Millwall at home. it will calm down. but we still need a change, but I think in the form of a director of football.

7 hours ago, Growl67 said:

More expensive players with more experience at this level players yes, but a better team? We’re kidding ourselves if we think that and nothing will change our manager  (or his replacement) shapes the expensive players we’ve got into a team or ships them out. 

United have few if any stars and a tiny wage bill compared to ours, but they have a good manager who’s got them playing constantly in the way he wants them to so we’ve got to stop kidding ourselves. Leicester won the Premiership because they got a good team together at a fraction of the cost of the ‘big’ clubs, and Clough did the same thing at Derby and Forest albeit in different times. The team’s blend and it’s spirit and togetherness are everything, expensive individual players on big wages mean nothing unless they fit into the team as we’ve seen with Rhodes, and only when we have a team playing like a team will our better players make the difference.

This is absolutely correct, United play as a unit, we only do when allowed to by opposition. They impose themselves on opposition and only depth of squad will hamper their campaign. Different characters are needed in Wednesday side along with strength, stamina speed and youth.