The real reason there's a meltdown at SWFC

Is because the Pigs are doing very well ain't it?

They beat us and they're looking a very good bet for a play off place, maybe dare I say automatic. 

Lets face it, we may say we don't care about them, but deep down we will be absolutely gutted if they go up and we stay down. After years of taunting them if they were to go up in their first season back it would be gutting for any Wednesdayite. Especially after we came so close but couldn't get over the line.

The Blade factor is adding even more pressure on the club, manager and the players. There's no denying it. Our form regardless of their position in the league is still concerning to say the least, but I don't think it would be panic stations and as much of a meltdown if they weren't doing so well. 

Frustrating time to be an Owl, something needs to change, someone needs to come in and inject a bit of life and positivity into the players and fans. We all need a lift and quick. I can't see that lift coming under Carlos. 

He is by no means completely at fault for what is going on at the club at the moment,  but he's the manager and unfortunately for him he's in the firing line. We can't go on like this. Change is needed. Who I don't know but it needs to happen sharpish. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They beat us and they're looking a very good bet for a play off place, maybe dare I say automatic. 

Lets face it, we may say we don't care about them, but deep down we will be absolutely gutted if they go up and we stay down. After years of taunting them if they were to go up in their first season back it would be gutting for any Wednesdayite. Especially after we came so close but couldn't get over the line.

The Blade factor is adding even more pressure on the club, manager and the players. There's no denying it. Our form regardless of their position in the league is still concerning to say the least, but I don't think it would be panic stations and as much of a meltdown if they weren't doing so well. 

Frustrating time to be an Owl, something needs to change, someone needs to come in and inject a bit of life and positivity into the players and fans. We all need a lift and quick. I can't see that lift coming under Carlos. 

He is by no means completely at fault for what is going on at the club at the moment,  but he's the manager and unfortunately for him he's in the firing line. We can't go on like this. Change is needed. Who I don't know but it needs to happen sharpish. 

A change is definitely needed sooner the better but there's no way the pigs will be in the top 2 or play offs come the end of the season

1 minute ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

A change is definitely needed sooner the better but there's no way the pigs will be in the top 2 or play offs come the end of the season

Wish people would stop saying this and start realising that they are a good side. 

I think they'll be in the Play Offs. By this point in the season you have a good idea who will be up there and they are sitting well at the minute. 

• Like 1

Sorry but I disagree on your last point. In his first season we played some great stuff and now it’s his third season and it’s so f00kin boring and predictable to watch. He’s what’s holding us back imo, we need a manager in who’ll play fairly balanced and slightly attacking football and the performances will come

I don't think it's the reason but I accept that it has made the situation worse.

No matter how you dress it up, we are failing.

We should have been one of the favourites for auto this year given the money we've spent and the experience of challenging over the last two seasons but I watch us and we look lost 90% of the time.

Something is wrong and with two stubborn men who happen to get along in the two most important roles at the club scares me a lot but the scrubs starting so well terrifies me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wish people would stop saying this and start realising that they are a good side. 

I think they'll be in the Play Offs. By this point in the season you have a good idea who will be up there and they are sitting well at the minute. 

So by that do you expect Bristol and Preston to finish above us?

5 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

What makes you so sure, they are one of the only teams who appear to be taking the bull by the horns and when they've lost they've been unlucky.

Kills me saying that

1 minute ago, FuthaMucker said:

So by that do you expect Bristol and Preston to finish above us?

Wouldn't be surprised if they do. Bristol dropped last season after a strong start so might follow a similar pattern. Blades have momentum and a very good manager, they'll be play offs for me. Preston look a decent outfit this season too.

We'll be mid table this season said that in July when we hadn't improved our squad.

Just now, OutspokenTom said:

What makes you so sure, they are one of the only teams who appear to be taking the bull by the horns and when they've lost they've been unlucky.

Kills me saying that

My reasoning is there are at least 6 other teams better than them including us so yeah let them enjoy it while it lasts

Just now, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

My reasoning is there are at least 6 other teams better than them including us so yeah let them enjoy it while it lasts

We have a better squad of players than they do. We do not currently have a better team than they do.

(Talented players + poor tactics)/morale = average

(Average players + effective tactics)*Morale = fighting chance

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think you are spot on with your observations. The situation would be easier to accept if the blades were below us in the championship or even still in league 1. Let’s hope we can reverse the positions. Plenty of time yet.

I can think of more reasons.

The kit fiasco 

Change of stripes

Change of badge

Random signings without addressing key areas.

Signings that never play.

Faith in a manager that should have gone after the Huddersfield games.

Fans being priced out of supporting the club.

Fans paying more to watch dross than Man City fans to watch UCL football.

150th anniversary turning in to a complete mockery.

These are my reasons for being disgruntled at the minute.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No it's not because of the blunts.

And there isn't a "meltdown" either. Try Chernobyl for that.

We have played 12 games and won 4.

We are inconsistent and mediocre.

We like our manager as a person but we don't think he is going to get us into the top two.

That's frustrating but it's not a meltdown  or down to the blunts.

Wednesday is a shambles at the moment cos Mr C doesn’t understand (or care about) western culture, the likes of Carlos and Redgate are just playing him whilst the rest of us get angst, got a feelin in mi old bones this aint going to end well and the pigs doing well just helps us focus on our lack of leadership and current ability..

12 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Wednesday is a shambles at the moment cos Mr C doesn’t understand (or care about) western culture, the likes of Carlos and Redgate are just playing him whilst the rest of us get angst, got a feelin in mi old bones this aint going to end well and the pigs doing well just helps us focus on our lack of leadership and current ability..

lollollollollollol