Sheffield Wednesday Team for Saturday

Guest RocketOwl

4 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

You couldn't make it up Wildsmith comes in keeps a clean sheet and all of a sudden Westwood whose shown and proved himself to be as good as anything in the Championship over two years plus shouldn't come back in.

Wildsmith is almost certainly going to be a good keeper...he's proved nothing yet though and made the odd howler in a Few games the comments about Westwood are   ridiculous when he's fit he plays he's nothing to prove to anybody.

The Dutch guy came in, made a few good passes and a lot on here gave loovens the elbow on the strength of it 

I'd keep the side that beat Leeds, though as others said rest Bannan becouse of international duty allowing K. Lee to move central where hell add a goal threat and maybe if Hutch is fit, although Jones has been playing quite well of late bring hutch in for Jones. Bolton will be organised as always, strong and physical. Hutch provides a better screen for the back 4 defencivly which would allow VanAkren to spray some balls about, as we will probably have much more possession. 

Don't agree with resting Bannan. It never works. Play him and if he tires then substitute him accordingly.

It's a difficult one at centre back as Loovens is a better defender but JVA's distribution will be missed. 

Id go for the following:

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees Loovens Reach

Wallace Lee Butterfield Bannan

Hooper Fletcher

5 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

It shouldn't be as simple as x was in the team that won 3-0 so they play. It has to be managed but bringing in stronger players is the right thing to do. You have to see them in training and know what they can do.

I think there will be a good argument for Hutchinson to replace Jones, but obviously I don't know for certain. Not as sure about Loovens for JVA.

You've been on here long enough to know that there's no place for posts like this.

Wild eyed reactionary polemic is what we do.

Read a couple of mine... you'll soon get the hang of it.

• Haha 1

------------------Keeper--------------------  (Doesn't matter which one as hopefully he'll just have a watching brief)

-----Lees----Loovens----Van Aken----

Palmer------------------------------Reach

-----------Lee--Jones--Bannan----------

------------Hooper----Fletcher------------

4 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

------------------Keeper--------------------  (Doesn't matter which one as hopefully he'll just have a watching brief)

-----Lees----Loovens----Van Aken----

Palmer------------------------------Reach

-----------Lee--Jones--Bannan----------

------------Hooper----Fletcher------------

I'd push Palmer to the bench after the watch fiasco.

Apart from that there's enough there to give Bolton a right mashing.

Guest Copthorneowl

Fwiw I don't think Westwood will be fit yet (but when he is he's automatic imo) so Wildsmith playing won't be an issue. I realistically don't think Hunt will fit either be so Palmer who played well against Leeds stays in.  Of all the teams we play I'd stick with Van Acken against Bolton for his distribution as Loovens can't pass northwards to save his life however solid he is at the back I  don't think we need him against the likes of Bolton.

One or two posters seem to be dropping Wallace who I thought was very important in the win over Leeds his crosses were vg he moves forward positively with pace and he's probably got the best shot on him of anyone we've got. He plays in my team.

I Think Carlos will assess  Bannan and he'll want to play so it'll be the team that played after Hunt was injured and I think it's a good enough team to beat Bolton.

Westwood if fully fit

Hunt if fully fit

Lees

Loovens if fully fit - Joost if not

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

I suspect Carlos will play Jones instead of Pudil, pulling Reach to LB. Not my preference but still a good team.