Wednesday or England

I don't care about the England football team

I don't care about international football full stop

I don't watch the Premier League, or the Champions league or cup or whatever it's called

Where do you want me to move to?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, Reallondonowl said:

When it comes to where your heart is, which one one would you chose above the other. I remember when we were really bad that I would try to soothe the pain by watching England. Now it seems that they play as many sideways passes as we do on a bad day. And yes Kane has scored at this point so we are going through. Thoughts ?

Without reading owt else. !!!!!!!  THE WEDNESDAY ALL THE FECKING TIME. Can we have a being really serious smiley Neil ?? AND OUR FECKING CHATROOM BACK !!!!!!!

I lost interest in England at the 2006 World Cup, it was a dire tournament and we were awful. The 2010 World Cup was even worse, with the Algeria game being the worst football match I've seen in my life. We haven't had a decent side at a tournament since 98 and I haven't been genuinely into an England match since the Portugal game in 04. In contrast, when David Prutton scored that volley against Rochdale at the start of the promotion season I was jumping round the house because you saw how unified the players were and how this might be the start of something. Despite the fact that Wednesday have caused me to bang my head against the wall hundreds of times, at least we get a couple of moments a season to make you remember why you follow the game. Off the top of my head, the 93 semi, when we were top in 96, the win at Liverpool the same season, Drew Talbot's goal against Hartlepool, Megson hugging Rob Jones and slapping the badge, the win against Arsenal in the League Cup a couple of years ago. With England you wait four years to be served nothing but mediocrity.

58 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I don't care about the England football team

I don't care about international football full stop

I don't watch the Premier League, or the Champions league or cup or whatever it's called

Where do you want me to move to?

this.

Why not both? If I had to choose though, it would be Wednesday.

45 minutes ago, poite said:

A better question is. Would you rather see Wednesday get promoted or England win the world cup?

I'd still say wednesday

England winning the world cup! It holds way more prestige.

Edited by Woozie

I would find it very easy to choose Wednesday every time.

Even so, I'm always up for the international tournaments, and I even enjoy them once we've been unceremoniously dumped out and I can concentrate on the football.

I can't relate to those that would actually choose England over Wednesday though. I suppose it's one of those strange excessively zealous patriotism things that some people seem to be able to talk themselves into.

For me, it's just too remote though. Club football's pretty much a daily commitment, whereas international football's far too fleeting for it to be anything more than just a distraction.

1 hour ago, lukestheman82 said:

We still have freedom of movement  in the EU, feel free to take advantage while you can.

But you are against freedom of movement.

Why do you oppose my freedoms?

Edited by pauli

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

I would find it very easy to choose Wednesday every time.

Even so, I'm always up for the international tournaments, and I even enjoy them once we've been unceremoniously dumped out and I can concentrate on the football.

I can't relate to those that would actually choose England over Wednesday though. I suppose it's one of those strange excessively zealous patriotism things that some people seem to be able to talk themselves into.

For me, it's just too remote though. Club football's pretty much a daily commitment, whereas international football's far too fleeting for it to be anything more than just a distraction.

For me its Wednesday first, but I still want England (or Englishman/woman) to win at anything from Football, Cricket, Rugby , Boxing, Athletics  to Hockey, Curling or Tiddlywinks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

For me its Wednesday first, but I still want England (or Englishman/woman) to win at anything from Football, Cricket, Rugby , Boxing, Athletics  to Hockey, Curling or Tiddlywinks. 

Yep, I'm always happy to see English lads and lasses excel. Team sports in particular.

It's not really a fair choice, club football is far more consistent, we see it every week and feel more of a connection but as soon as a tournament comes around the fever sweeps the nation, you see England flags hanging out of windows and those little flag things people put on their cars that make them easier to break into. Things that divided us before no longer divide us, it's now us against the world, club and country are now one.

Then England get dumped out of a tournament, the flags get put away and the unity is broken, we all go back to pretending like we don't care, club football means more to us anyway, right? When in actuality the one thing we all want more than anything is to see England win a major tournament.

Thus completes the cycle of football.

I'm very patriotic when it comes to England, having seen them actually win the World Cup was something special....Gordon Banks, Bobby Moore & Bobby Charlton, the three greatest world class players England have ever had in my eyes.....Bobby Charlton, the greatest English player ever but, even with all that it's Wednesday first for me.