David Mills

4 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

I may be wrong but wasn’t he once the British record transfer. I also remember he was largely awful for Wednesday 

He was the first british half million pound player. Which makes a great footie question of which club signed the first half million pound and the first million pound player. 

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

He signed did bugger all for 8 months and then was part exchanged for varadi is all I can recall of him 

He was only here for 3 months for 15 league appearances, 3 goals. 

He's now chief scout at Leicester and played a part in them signing players such as Knockheart, Kante, Mahrez.

4 hours ago, torryowl said:

He signed did bugger all for 8 months and then was part exchanged for varadi is all I can recall of him 

One of the best bits of business that this club has ever done....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He was only here for 3 months for 15 league appearances, 3 goals. 

He's now chief scout at Leicester and played a part in them signing players such as Knockheart, Kante, Mahrez.

25th jan to 25th August.....8 months 

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

25th jan to 25th August.....8 months 

Ok only played for us for 3 months.

First game 15th February Blackburn at home. Last game 14th May v Crystal Palace home (last game of the season).

15 games 3 goals. Scored 26.2.83 v Cambridge home W3-1, 2.4.83 v Rotherham away W3-0, 30.4.83 v Fulham home W2-1.

3 minutes ago, ArthurTeaCake said:

Didn’t he score a couple in the FA Cup QF replay 5-0 against Burnley? I have a vague memory of that ginger afro wheeling away at the Kop end... Can’t find any footage or info on that game online and it was a belter, huge crowd too.

The scorers were McCulloch 2, Shelton 2 and Megson. Nearly 42K there.

27 minutes ago, ArthurTeaCake said:

Must’ve been Meggo then, suppose Mills might have played that night though. 42k was huge in that period, remember it was a real crush on the Kop that night, after every goal ended up 20 yards away from my mates.

Yes I was on the kop too. Can't find any footage of the game, probably wasn't filmed.

Also remember the League cup game v Liverpool the season after with nearly 50K there. We used to have some cracking cup games with fantastic atmosphere in those days.