The thing that pleased me most

I said somewhere on here yesterday...."take the game by the scruff of the neck and shake the f.ook outta it"

First 15 minutes i was thinking "FFS!"..after that....simply went for it, continued to go for it and should have had 6.

I'm no tactician, but even as an everyday fan , you can see when a team is on the ropes, and you don't get a team on the ropes by scoring 1 and then sitting back and see how they respond...

We have done that before...We didn't do it today.

Wednesday scored one, got them on the back foot and instead of sorta askin' "What are you gonna do about it"..We simply put the foot down and said "Look ..We can do this as well"...

Keep it up Wednesday...Devil take the hindmost..We actually DO have the players to do it!

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

We could, and probably should, have had more goals.  

Great display in attack.  Hooper is absolutely class.  His ball retention is incredible as is his knack of being in the right place at the right time.

He doesn't stand and admire it either mate does he...plays a decent ball, straight into space..deserved an hatrick today

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

He doesn't stand and admire it either mate does he...plays a decent ball, straight into space..deserved an hatrick today

Agreed.  He's always looking to get forward and get attacking.  Incredible the amount of goals he scores with the amount of involvement he has in build up play.

The thing that pleases me is that today, although Leeds were a bit poor, there is a team there that can play. If it turns up very week and puts in the work every minute come May we will be there or there abouts.

The league is wide open, it is there to be taken by any team brave enough to go for it.

1 hour ago, adifferentgame said:

You, me and everyone else who bleeds blue and white.

Today should be the benchmark for all future matches.

Exactly this.. win lose or draw the crowd will stand by him as long as they show that intent and desire for 90minutes. 

4 minutes ago, ohhh Milan said:

Exactly this.. win lose or draw the crowd will stand by him as long as they show that intent and desire for 90minutes. 

Mobed the ball with pace too.

We might not have any raw pace in terms of players  in the first XI... but that doesn't stop the ball being zipped, pinged and drilled around the pitch and that was great to see.

As was the variation of the crossed and balls into the box

I've said it before and I'll say it again, tempo is more important than out-and-out pace and also how quickly defence can be turned into attack - posh managers and coaches call those transitional plays. They amazingly critical in the modern game, due to the fitness/athletic levels of today's footballer.

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Mobed the ball with pace too.

We might not have any raw pace in terms of players  in the first XI... but that doesn't stop the ball being zipped, pinged and drilled around the pitch and that was great to see.

As was the variation of the crossed and balls into the box

Forgot to mention too. ...the first time passes.It creates that quick tempi and helps us shift up through the gears

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Great win. Some great performances. 

But what really,  really pleased me.

Glancing down at the dugout with 10 minutes to go.

Carlos going nuts absolutley urging the players to pile forward. 

Arms waving all over the place on the edge of the technical area.

"Forward, forward,  more, more!" 

That is what I've been waiting to see.

Nail 

Head

Nowt else to say m'lord:manager:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I said somewhere on here yesterday...."take the game by the scruff of the neck and shake the f.ook outta it"

First 15 minutes i was thinking "FFS!"..after that....simply went for it, continued to go for it and should have had 6.

I'm no tactician, but even as an everyday fan , you can see when a team is on the ropes, and you don't get a team on the ropes by scoring 1 and then sitting back and see how they respond...

We have done that before...We didn't do it today.

Wednesday scored one, got them on the back foot and instead of sorta askin' "What are you gonna do about it"..We simply put the foot down and said "Look ..We can do this as well"...

Keep it up Wednesday...Devil take the hindmost..We actually DO have the players to do it!

You're the biggest tactical silly sausage genius we've got.