IFollow quality

My brother in Canada recons the iFollow quality is very poor. Last night the picture was freezing all the time , very poor picture quality too.

Also the lack of any on screen information and lack of commentary  do not add to the overall experience. Very poor value is his comment.

Any one else have problems with this offering ?  

I can't say anything for last match, but I will say for the matches I saw when I was away, I quite enjoyed the lack of on screen information, felt more like I was watching the match, listening to the fans etc as opposed to watching it on tv. I also found when it freezes a lot reloading the page works for me. 

See other thread missed the whole match (as did others) unable to load the match apparently I need to buy another subscription and the app on Mobile/Tablet video unable to load please try again will they refund me for that match ? I doubt it! will they listen ? Probably not s one owls fan has already tried

3 hours ago, madfan said:

My brother in Canada recons the iFollow quality is very poor. Last night the picture was freezing all the time , very poor picture quality too.

Also the lack of any on screen information and lack of commentary  do not add to the overall experience. Very poor value is his comment.

works fine for me.. i'm guessing the problem is your internet connection speed

Try this http://www.speedtest.net/

Anything over about 3Mbps should work ok for ifollow I would think

5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I'm booked to go to New England &Canada for two weeks. Am an ifollow subscriber. What do I need to do to watch it while I'm way?

Totally Un- Tech-minded. 

If you are out of the country then Nothing, you just need to subscribe when out of the country. 

Using a laptop it is just on the swfc website. Click fixtures then match centre. This will allow you to buy a match pass for the game you wish to watch.

Using a phone or android device you will subscribe as per the above but them use the swfc app to watch the game. 

13 minutes ago, zakswfc said:

If you are out of the country then Nothing, you just need to subscribe when out of the country. 

Using a laptop it is just on the swfc website. Click fixtures then match centre. This will allow you to buy a match pass for the game you wish to watch.

Using a phone or android device you will subscribe as per the above but them use the swfc app to watch the game. 

Many thanks!

On my phone it was unusable. Took ages just to launch the app, then kept telling to upgrade my account. Eventually got to see the game, but it was frozen more often than not. Unwatchable. The app has been fine up until yesterday.

On my PC though, it was great, and the goals were on the timeline so I could catch up with those at half time.

6 hours ago, madfan said:

Nope.

Has he eliminated all controllable variables? Decent internet connection, not playing it on a hamster-powered PC, etc?

On 13 September 2017 at 12:02, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

See other thread missed the whole match (as did others) unable to load the match apparently I need to buy another subscription and the app on Mobile/Tablet video unable to load please try again will they refund me for that match ? I doubt it! will they listen ? Probably not s one owls fan has already tried

Since that game I have received nothing short of atrocious customer support (they basically ignored my emails to them). How can they charge fans £110 and provide such poor service? Isn't there a law against that?

On 9/13/2017 at 01:26, madfan said:

Seems like internet or device problems to me because - aside from initial teething problems for the first game - I find the quality pretty good.

I also like the fact there is no commentary, it's fun to just listen to the crowd.

It would be nice to have the score on the screen though - for the midweek games i'm watching at work and have to step away here and there...so I have to check the score each time I return.

Edited by McRightSide