Rhodes did alright today

All of our strikers, whoever plays upfront need more and better service. Hindsight, is a fine thing but we should have brought in someone with pace instead or addressed our weaknesses instead of bringing Rhodes in last January. He's not what we needed back then and he doesn't suit how we play. I think Fletcher should be our main striker on his own or alongside Hooper or Winnall. But we need to bring in a centre back, a midfield beast and some pace. The longer we leave it to address our weaknesses, the more catching up we will have to do, someone or a couple of players might need to be sacrificed in order to bring in what we need to play to our strengths. Rhodes sadly seems like a costly mistake. 

Guest RocketOwl
6 hours ago, striker said:

I really do not understand the animosity towards Rhodes. Thought he played well today. 

He is the focal point of our attack, targeted by defenders and didn't shirk a battle. He was mobile, chased down, his movement pulled the defenders out of position, creating space and had a few attempts. OK, he should have scored with the second half header, but his movement to spin behind the defender to get in that position was superb.

Thought him, Winnall and Hooper did well.

Wow. What are you watching mate.

3 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Maybe Wednesday will be in the top two? I guess Villa fans are asking for Steve's head on a plate. They'd be nuts if they ditched him. What I'm saying here is the QPR performance was better than the Preston debacle. It wasn't to bad. I'm sure Brighton fans were calling for Chris' dismissal. But he got em there in the end.

It was very much as bad in the first half.

barring a 15 minute spell after half time it wasn't much better but we did create a few chances 

Guest mrbluesky
3 hours ago, ANDY said:

Rhodes will come good for us. Form is temporary, he's got a big monkey on his back. The sooner he gets rid the better. 

But I think the monkey on his back is CC not his fee, but yeah he will come good but unfortunately only if a new manager comes in 

8 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

You not like Rhodes lol

I'm not saying that - i'm saying there are a lot of double standards at work

Up until he signed for Boro he had a phenomenal goal scoring record - nobody could be anything but impressed

It's not like that here though - yet at least

8 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

FF Nuhiu scoring records are poor in comparison, pre Boro JR was scoring for fun, you aren't telling me we are just unlucky that he decides to become a poor goal ratio player, don't buy that one bit, as somebody in footballing circles/expierence see's this?

He hasn't become a poor player over night,  out of the 3 strikers you mention he has better box knowledge, I'm not saying he is without fault but I think the percentage of fault weighs heavily on CC side as he should have done his homework on JR  because he in no way plays to his strengths

He has him tracking back holding the ball up at the half way line,this isn't just some of the match but most of it

His finishing was poor today, could be an off day, could be confidence, who knows.

Again, i think you're missing my point

It's the double standards because there is an enormous amount of goodwill for Rhodes so he is given a huge amount of leeway - Abdi, Jones, Reach et al get a full-on critique every minute they play - the same allowances aren't made for them as they are for JR

What really brought me into the threasd though was the staggering double standards of fibonacci - making every excuse going for Rhodes - yet slams Abdi continually (originator of several threads slamming him) even though Abdi is suffering for the same reasons that fibonacci is mitigating for regarding Rhodes

As i said - it's the double standards and whatever way you wanna cut it Rhodes has been a crushing disappointment so far - our most expensive ever player too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Did alright, I think most of the team did alright to be honest. Attack was good, midfield was better with Bannan through the midfield. Biggest concern are the wing backs leaving spaces and letting in too many crosses

Even before the injuries I thought we looked very vulnerable in this regard. Don't know if CC intentionally set up with a narrower midfield but the full backs seemed very exposed from the beginning...

I think he is suffering from expectation,crowd tutting and general poorness of the whole team.

Maybe he hasn't got the take the game by the scruff of the neck ,regardless of how the others are playing mentality we'd like but I think he is still a quality goal scorer and like reach, abdi,Jones and Boyd we should really be seeing better.

As I said on another thread there's something up and I don't think we'd improve even if we brought in two or three of the divisions top players.

Edited by Eightace

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

That Rhodes is long gone my friend. Unfortunately for us!

Exactly 

Im sick to death of people bringing up his record!! That has nothing to do with his performances for us.

No one in their right mind can think since he's been here he's played well.

Thats the only thing that matters 

Guest mrbluesky
21 minutes ago, scram said:

I'm not saying that - i'm saying there are a lot of double standards at work

Up until he signed for Boro he had a phenomenal goal scoring record - nobody could be anything but impressed

It's not like that here though - yet at least

Again, i think you're missing my point

It's the double standards because there is an enormous amount of goodwill for Rhodes so he is given a huge amount of leeway - Abdi, Jones, Reach et al get a full-on critique every minute they play - the same allowances aren't made for them as they are for JR

What really brought me into the threasd though was the staggering double standards of fibonacci - making every excuse going for Rhodes - yet slams Abdi continually (originator of several threads slamming him) even though Abdi is suffering for the same reasons that fibonacci is mitigating for regarding Rhodes

As i said - it's the double standards and whatever way you wanna cut it Rhodes has been a crushing disappointment so far - our most expensive ever player too

A bit codersending to say I'm missing the point, that could work both ways and we aren't talking everyone else, I can see good and bad in all, There's one common denominator with all the players you mention and that is CC for me he's ruined these players to a degree and yes like I've said before players have off days but this many? Come on

I feel for Reach and Abdi as you'll be more than aware confidence is key and they have very little, again have they become poor players? Of course not so then you have to start questioning things.

Players can be simple souls,over complicate things and they can be lost, what CC is wanting the affore mentioned players to do is not working even David Blunkett can see this.

Football is a very simple game in its purist form and can sometimes benefit players.

1 hour ago, mrbluesky said:

But I think the monkey on his back is CC not his fee, but yeah he will come good but unfortunately only if a new manager comes in 

How did Carlos cause him to miss an absolute sitter ?

Thats the most ridiculous statement ive read on here in an age 

Blame should rest where it belongs 

Guest mrbluesky
42 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

How did Carlos cause him to miss an absolute sitter ?

Thats the most ridiculous statement ive read on here in an age 

Blame should rest where it belongs 

Dear god here he is, firstly quote me where I said he caused him to miss a sitter? 

Secondly, ridiculous statements are your speciality on here so you couldn't get more ironic or moronic should I say.

At the end of the day kid I will debate football with anyone that has the ability to put forward a counter argument or agrees, but you just come on here playing the fool.

Unfortuantly for you I don't "suffer fools gladly"

Laymans terms for you is "stupidity" of which you have in aboundance and I can't tolerate.

I hope this helps in your quest for getting on in life.lol

54 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Dear god here he is, firstly quote me where I said he caused him to miss a sitter? 

Secondly, ridiculous statements are your speciality on here so you couldn't get more ironic or moronic should I say.

At the end of the day kid I will debate football with anyone that has the ability to put forward a counter argument or agrees, but you just come on here playing the fool.

Unfortuantly for you I don't "suffer fools gladly"

Laymans terms for you is "stupidity" of which you have in aboundance and I can't tolerate.

I hope this helps in your quest for getting on in life.lol

"Carlos is the monkey on his back"

Only a fool would be unable to infer from that statement his lack of confidence in front of goal is down to CC in your august opinion

Whereas the rest of we fools believe an experienced striker should be able to head a ball a yard irrespective of the coaches influence, for good or bad 

As for stupidity ill hold my hand up to my fair share of that .................. will you ?

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Guest mrbluesky
On 13/08/2017 at 13:44, Lawrie Madden said:

"Carlos is the monkey on his back"

Only a fool would be unable to infer from that statement his lack of confidence in front of goal is down to CC in your august opinion

Whereas the rest of we fools believe an experienced striker should be able to head a ball a yard irrespective of the coaches influence, for good or bad 

As for stupidity ill hold my hand up to my fair share of that .................. will you ?

It may help if sometimes you'd think before typing, Carlos is the monkey on his back along with several other players,footballers aren't the brightest of buttons, if you start over complicating things as CC  has you get players concentrating on variants instead of playing to their strengths.

Again let me help you out, if you have a player trying to link up all over the pitch throughout the match, running about burning energy then he gets a guilt edge chance or 2 and misses,does it not make you think with such a player of JR caliber and scoring record that there is something not quite right?

But no,you the fool look at it in isolation and that's where your football knowledge fails miserably.

I'll give you a slight insight and I'm no fan of his (yes he's on my avatar) FF stated that he doesn't like tracking back ALL the time, he's basically saying "look I'm a striker, me tracking back is stifling my chances" and to be honest I've got to agree with him and for want of repeating myself CC tries to play the Mourinho way with Sheff Wed players, I'm sorry but this will never happen.

The only good thing about your post kid is that you admit to being stupid, no argument from me on that.