Rhodes did alright today

I really do not understand the animosity towards Rhodes. Thought he played well today. 

He is the focal point of our attack, targeted by defenders and didn't shirk a battle. He was mobile, chased down, his movement pulled the defenders out of position, creating space and had a few attempts. OK, he should have scored with the second half header, but his movement to spin behind the defender to get in that position was superb.

Thought him, Winnall and Hooper did well.

We're 5h1t and we know we are we're 5h1t and we know we are we're 5h1t and we know we're are were 5h1t and we know we are.

Sooner we all realise this the better.......

Not good enough..Over paid players lightweight tactics /  poor coaching poor team selection etc etc 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

2 minutes ago, scram said:

There is almost zero animosity towards Rhodes - especially for a hugely expensive striker with a criminally disappointing goals return

As you know, the costs expended on Rhodes are not his fault, and his lack of goals are not criminal

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I'm shocked when I watch Rhodes.  This is the top scorer on Championship HISTORY yet he can't do anything right.  He has no pace, can't trap a ball and let's not even talk about that miss...was it two yards out?

I honestly would sell him.  We have 6 other strikers but are woefully short in other positions and obviously need the cash.

6 minutes ago, owlandished said:

As you know, the costs expended on Rhodes are not his fault, and his lack of goals are not criminal

Sorry for using a euphemism

Okay there is hardly anything but goodwill for Rhodes - despite him being an extremely expensive striker for which no blame for the financial outlay on him must be directed at Rhodes and indeed it is not an arrestable offence to be shyte at scoring goals even when being paid eye-watering amounts of wedge to do so

26 minutes ago, scram said:

Sorry for using a euphemism

Okay there is hardly anything but goodwill for Rhodes - despite him being an extremely expensive striker for which no blame for the financial outlay on him must be directed at Rhodes and indeed it is not an arrestable offence to be shyte at scoring goals even when being paid eye-watering amounts of wedge to do so

I don't get it about Rhodes. He gets paid loads, but so what, it's all relative and singling Rhodes out is irrelevant. May as well argue about why a British soldier or nurse get silly money compared to a professional footballer, as far as that argument goes

He has not scored many for us (3 I think) which is disappointing given his record for other clubs. But it's not like he has been missing sitter after sitter, is it?

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Disagree i thought he was pants 

Far too easy to knock off the ball and he has to score from that chance put on plate for him by BB

I agree its down to confidence 

The last bit of your post is the most important bit.

Guest mrbluesky
52 minutes ago, scram said:

There is almost zero animosity towards Rhodes - especially for a hugely expensive striker with a criminally disappointing goals return

But there is a bigger picture to his 'goals return' and that goes for the rest of our strike force, but his movement in the box for me is far superior to the rest of our strikers, but no matter your footballing brain if the service isn't there it ain't going to yield goals.

10 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

But there is a bigger picture to his 'goals return' and that goes for the rest of our strike force, but his movement in the box for me is far superior to the rest of our strikers, but no matter your footballing brain if the service isn't there it ain't going to yield goals.

Illustrates the point perfectly

Where is the same understanding for Nuhiu or FF

Few strikers in recent SWFC history have a poorer goals/games return then Rhodes - but nobody has received anything like the goodwill and leeway he has been afforded - and he is one of the costliest players in our history

Said it months ago, Rhodes is simply an average championship striker who is very good in the air. The only way he will score loads of goals for us is if he gets 2 or 3 decent headed chances per game. The rest of his game is just not good enough for where we need to be.

too many people looked at his record up to 2015 and thought easy he will bag 25 a season. Was never going to happen.  Successful championship strikers now have at least one of pace or power...he has neither.

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I'm shocked when I watch Rhodes.  This is the top scorer on Championship HISTORY yet he can't do anything right.  He has no pace, can't trap a ball and let's not even talk about that miss...was it two yards out?

I honestly would sell him.  We have 6 other strikers but are woefully short in other positions and obviously need the cash.

Quite agree.

If we had paid £800k instead of £8m for him we still wouldn't be getting value for money. 

We have got him 3yrs too late. His fitness looks questionable and his confidence is totally shot. 

We should try and recoup the money while some are still thinking he is good and just not fitting in for the owls instead of that his best performances are behind him.

Please prove us wrong Jordan. 

1 hour ago, scram said:

Few strikers in recent SWFC history have a poorer goals/games return then Rhodes - but nobody has received anything like the goodwill and leeway he has been afforded - and he is one of the costliest players in our history

You not like Rhodes lol

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, scram said:

FF Nuhiu scoring records are poor in comparison, pre Boro JR was scoring for fun, you aren't telling me we are just unlucky that he decides to become a poor goal ratio player, don't buy that one bit, as somebody in footballing circles/expierence see's this?

He hasn't become a poor player over night,  out of the 3 strikers you mention he has better box knowledge, I'm not saying he is without fault but I think the percentage of fault weighs heavily on CC side as he should have done his homework on JR  because he in no way plays to his strengths

He has him tracking back holding the ball up at the half way line,this isn't just some of the match but most of it

His finishing was poor today, could be an off day, could be confidence, who knows.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Ronio said:

Remember this game.

That day Rhodes was totally unstoppable.  

That is the Rhodes I want to see, ruthless in front of goal

That Rhodes is long gone my friend. Unfortunately for us!