24 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

mrbluesky in talking sh it shocker 

Bless, informative and insightful.

But you keep negging away xxxlol

Will do cheers. Just think

you could try a different angle that doesn't involve being a n0b

Edited by Ash76

On 12/08/2017 at 20:51, mr moody said:

Watching Rhodes off the ball today, when midfielders have the ball, he's playing off the shoulder and pointing where he wants the ball playing through. It never comes. Every time today it was played wide or lumped up in the air to him. Play the through balls. That is when Rhodes is at his best. He's no target man. No excuse for his miss but it frustrates me. If that's where he wants it then put it there. Then the goals will come!!

Winnall was also pointing where he wanted the ball and often it was to his feet rather than where he wanted it playing through. That's where they are different. Unfortunately we do not have a real playmaker so the Winnall approach is the one our players can manage.

Rhodes is pretty fast but it is acceleration he lacks.

He tries hard but he was not needed by the coach or team, and his arrival has further complicated how the team is set up to play, as evidenced by the way he and Winnall want the ball played differently.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Will do cheers. Just think

you could try a different angle that doesn't involve being a n0b

Bloody hell kid, look up ironic.

Again another informative and in depth riposte! 

Keep negging though 'tis fun'

lol

Guest mrbluesky
22 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Indeed blame should rest where it belongs but that's a 2 way thing.

As I've said, people are looking at the situation in isilolation.

Its easy to say he missed sitters, but if you look at the bigger picture you can also draw other conclusions.

47 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

As I've said, people are looking at the situation in isilolation.

Its easy to say he missed sitters, but if you look at the bigger picture you can also draw other conclusions.

Thats my point, yes its his fault he missed a sitter but Carlos is the first manager to succeed in turning a 20+ goals a season striker in to a bang average one.

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Thats my point, yes its his fault he missed a sitter but Carlos is the first manager to succeed in turning a 20+ goals a season striker in to a bang average one.

Am a big fan of JR but he was pretty bang average at Middlesborough aswell so I ain't too sure u can use that as a stick to

beat CC with 

That's because the Boro manager didn't want him, having said that he still scored goals for them at this level.

Granted he has never done it at premiership level which has always baffled me to be honest. Never got a look in when Boro were promoted and no other premiership team have been I  for him. Having said that he remains the best striker at this level.

I've said this several times.

Rhodes scores his goals in clusters. Yes he is going through a drought, and a bad one. But once he starts, he will score 7 in 9, 8 in 10 etc.

However, I also accept that with Hooper, Fletch and Winnall around, he needs to start scoring very soon, because only on good form will he keep his place.

7 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Bloody hell kid, look up ironic.

Again another informative and in depth riposte! 

Keep negging though 'tis fun'

lol

It is isn't it? No need to look up ironic though. I know when I'm being a ****, you clearly need a bit of help. As expected though, it doesn't really make any difference. As you were

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Am a big fan of JR but he was pretty bang average at Middlesborough aswell so I ain't too sure u can use that as a stick to

beat CC with 

Correct, you have to wonder why Karanka didn't want him, why PL clubs have never wanted him and why he's struggling here?

Having watched him, not just for us, it's because he's not very good. 

Because he's not good enough for the premiere league that's why.

Plenty good enough for this league.

I'm sure football people didn't pay big fees because when they watched him they saw he wasn't very good.

Bit of a coincidence we get these good players who turn crap when they sign for is or is there some reason for it ?

So a number of fans say Rhodes is under-performing, we are ungrateful morons and it's all down to a manager and his negative tactics not giving him chances apparently.

Rhodes gets plenty of chances and misses a sitter, it's Carlos' fault he's low on confidence.

Brilliant, only on Owlstalk lol

Guest mrbluesky
39 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

It is isn't it? No need to look up ironic though. I know when I'm being a ****, you clearly need a bit of help. As expected though, it doesn't really make any difference. As you were

Correct, you have to wonder why Karanka didn't want him, why PL clubs have never wanted him and why he's struggling here?

Having watched him, not just for us, it's because he's not very good. 

Not sure last time you went to a match but we are in the Championship kid, Karanka bought him to help them get promoted, now mmm... let me think did he help them get promoted? Mmm...why I think he did! 6 goals in 18 appearances in the Championship, I know you aren't very good at ratio's but that's 1 every 3 games in the CHAMPIONSHIP NOT PL (caps lock to remind you we are a CHAMPIONSHIP team)

Again kid as I remind others stop looking at things in isolation.

You're quoting someone else to help with your argument lolclassic.

And I'm  so glad you've admitted to being a ••••, no need to but very sweet of you lol

You can't help yourself can you? 

Isolation? Ha, I've watched him many times, I can see beyond his goals. It's you looking in isolation.

Your argument is that he's the best striker of recent times in Championship but not good enough for PL? I wonder why no one feels he can make the step up then? Unlike others that he was supposedly better than? 

Time will tell, as it did with McGugan, where I was also proven right. 

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

You can't help yourself can you? 

Isolation? Ha, I've watched him many times, I can see beyond his goals. It's you looking in isolation.

Your argument is that he's the best striker of recent times in Championship but not good enough for PL? I wonder why no one feels he can make the step up then? Unlike others that he was supposedly better than? 

Time will tell, as it did with McGugan, where I was also proven right. 

I can't help myself educating you that is quite correct.

Lesson 2: Anology (Google is your friend)

You'll not remember this lad with you being so young but here goes...We 

signed a lad when we were in league 1 called Ryan Lowe, he had a decent scoring record in the Lower leagues so we signed him and he got a few for us and helped with promotion after that we let him go like others had because he was limited to lower leagues, (I really hope it's sinking in for you)

McGugan? Brill! Well done you :wacko:

Do me a favour kid and stick to FIFA17 or whatever you lot play these days,but for Christ sake don't bring it on here as a disscusion.

10 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I can't help myself educating you that is quite correct.

Lesson 2: Anology (Google is your friend)

You'll not remember this lad with you being so young but here goes...We 

signed a lad when we were in league 1 called Ryan Lowe, he had a decent scoring record in the Lower leagues so we signed him and he got a few for us and helped with promotion after that we let him go like others had because he was limited to lower leagues, (I really hope it's sinking in for you)

McGugan? Brill! Well done you :wacko:

Do me a favour kid and stick to FIFA17 or whatever you lot play these days,but for Christ sake don't bring it on here as a disscusion.

Just out of interest, kid, are you a condescending ignorant tool in real life, or just on internet forums.

Guest mrbluesky
24 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Just out of interest, kid, are you a condescending ignorant tool in real life, or just on internet forums.

Bloody hel, you are like buses, read the thread through, I tend not to be so naughty unless provoked. 

Internet persona innit, big fluffy chicken in da real world (hope this helps) 

What tool would you be by the way? 

Guest RocketOwl

Intriguing to see that there are still people clinging to the hope Rhodes will come good.

I wonder how many times we will hear about his history before they admit defeat. 

His miss on the line from a pinpoint Bannan cross and a very tame header at the keeper from a glorious Hooper cross are clearer forms of evidence he's not the player he was for those who think he is. 

Its not a confidence issue or team issue the issue is Rhodes has lost a yard of pace but he's also alarmingly fragile. Must be an absolute joy to mark.