Huge improvement

Guest Deleted member

I have no gripe with the players on the pitch but we are a shambles really

We have now played 3 competitive games and started 3 different systems.

We have a manager who has been here two years and still has not got a squad and a system that fit or any idea of what our best team is. We just don't have a system or 11 players we can put out and confidently think it will be solid in defence and potent in attack. 

We are still starting games with players who are too high risk from an injury perspective or not 100% fit 

We were unlucky today but the pair of them are an accident waiting to happen 

We played better when we went to a diamond and the players worked their socks off. We played a lot more attacking football than we did at Preston 

45 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Very poor first half better second. Wallace was disappointing today moved too far inside we needed the width. Defence looked all over the place but we had to make two changes here.

You live in Shetland? Went there on holiday recently. Absolutely fell in love with it. Magical place. 

The OP was made to get a reaction from fellow posters. Second half display was an improvement but well short of what is required for a promotion challenger.  I thought they were very average - some of their ball retention in the second half was shocking.  We should be beating teams like them at home, simple as.

'ang on...there were folk on stilts...wildlife exhibitions...A TRANSFORMER ROBOT!!!!!!.... (that actually had be helped off in front o the kop lol)

I mean it was nowt like Preston....

Funny when someone shouted at the transformer robot...."Can you turn into a centre back!!"

Well after 2 league games the Carlos Out brigade are licking their chops at the prospect of getting rid of him. As I am one of the few Owls talk contributors who has never coached at football league level I bow down to the 95% of Owlstalkers who have enjoyed major success in their lengthy careers. Their amazing knowledge of the beautiful game has convinced me. I am wrong. CC should pack his bags now. DC should also go and take his money with him. What we need is a good old fashioned manager who picks a team of honest hard working cloggers every week. And a return to a board of directors from the ranks of senior Sheffield industrialists and manufacturers. That'll sort it out sithee.