Forestieri not in the squad

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Your not the bafoon that sits in row 12 of the north stand are never heard a more negative supporter with so little knowledge of the game.

If I sat as low as row 12 I wouldn't comment on anything as I wouldn't have a clue what was going on with a crap view like that.....interesting that you think someone saying Forestieri should stay and be first name on the team sheet is negative......Jones and his 5 yards free kicks to bannon are obviously the way to go then

FF is our best player fit and form he's one of if not the best player of his type in the league 

if we sold him especially to a rival we know what they would be getting, a fantastic player who both creates and scores goals DC also knows this and would be reluctant to sell and if he did would want top dollar.he wouldn't price on last years form but on his first year as that is the player they would most likely get

for me there are plenty of players to go before FF to meet FFP atde mattias and to a lesser degree jao 

getting him back to his best should be our aim not getting rid 

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Didn't you start a thread saying you would sell him before this had happened?

Yes,  and Rhodes

If we can't buy players because of FFP until we sell 20k Club 1867 packages -  then they are our 2 most valuable assets. We desperately need to strengthen our defensive options and it's clear CC can't manage FF, nor play to the strengths of JR. They are both surplus, even though they are our best players 

Although I'd much rather we got rid of Carlos now. Totally unprofessional with his comments about FF after Preston, and probably a major reason FF hasn't replicated his previous form 

Edited by Deleted member

1 hour ago, MuddyFunkster said:

If he didn't start on Sat for the training ground reasons then can't see how he'll suddenly start midweek (unless he can play CB).

Only other reason I can think off why he didn't play is that he refused to play wide. 

As much as I think he's a terrific player when in right mood, if he's a problem in dressing room causing disruption amongst squad it might be best to get rid and invest money in a defender and a wide player.

11 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

He's our top goal scorer for the last two seasons for a start. 

Arguably Lee is a better midfield player, but Lee has a big injury problem. 

Forestieri for me is the first name on the team sheet.

Which probably says more about the lack of service to our strikers than it does about Fessi. 

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Only other reason I can think off why he didn't play is that he refused to play wide. 

Once again were harping back to this misinformation that he refused to play wide. He didn't. He said he prefers to play more central. It wasn't a refusal. 

Anyone who thinks Forestieri is first name on team sheet ... cmon now ! Seriously ? 

Westwood is the most important player in our squad by an absolute mile, and after him if Keiren Lee is fit he gets a shirt 100% and if anyone thinks otherwise ? Wow 

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Once again were harping back to this misinformation that he refused to play wide. He didn't. He said he prefers to play more central. It wasn't a refusal. 

And this is the trouble with the misinformation from Carlos

He said he plays better on the left when he isn't constantly tracking back. That's it 

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Does that mean he 'preferred' not to play against Norwich ? It wasn't a outright refusal ?

9 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Central? I thought Carlos said he preferred not to play midfield because after tracking back he hasn't got the energy to go forward? 

Just now, Saxondale said:

Central? I thought Carlos said he preferred not to play midfield because after tracking back he hasn't got the energy to go forward? 

I meant more central as one of a striking pair. 

My my mistake for not making it clearer. 

20 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yes,  and Rhodes

If we can't buy players because of FFP until we sell 20k Club 1867 packages -  then they are our 2 most valuable assets. We desperately need to strengthen our defensive options and it's clear CC can't manage FF, nor play to the strengths of JR. They are both surplus, even though they are our best players 

Although I'd much rather we got rid of Carlos now. Totally unprofessional with his comments about FF after Preston, and probably a major reason FF hasn't replicated his previous form 

Fair enough, as much as I want CC to succeed it's getting harder and harder to see him making the most of what we have. DC has spoken this week about not wanting supporters to convey negativity and paint the club in a negative light but some Carlos' recent comments haven't helped.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

It's weird to me. Not many professional footballers, in their prime, that have the reputation FF has (a top Championship player) have ever been classed as not having the energy. Especially from a player that notoriously has bags of energy and covers plenty of ground. 

It's like CC doesn't believe in most of the players energy levels. It's been his attitide since day 1 and was the reason he stockpiled a ridiculously sized squad of 35 players when teams like Burnley and other were getting by with 20-25. 

It's been one of my only long lasting criticisms of Carlos that he has no faith in players fitness. Hence why he constantly rotates the side. Sometimes it's helped us of course, I understand that. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

If I sat as low as row 12 I wouldn't comment on anything as I wouldn't have a clue what was going on with a crap view like that.....interesting that you think someone saying Forestieri should stay and be first name on the team sheet is negative......Jones and his 5 yards free kicks to bannon are obviously the way to go then

You really are a bizzare poster you're now trying to tell us than anyone who sits 12 rows above the professionals is too low to see what's happening.

I'm out .:manager:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

You really are a bizzare poster you're now trying to tell us than anyone who sits 12 rows above the professionals is too low to see what's happening.

I don't know what the view is like from row 12 but I haven't got a clue as to what the roger is going on if I am on or near pitch side level. Strange because when I was playing on Sunday's I had no problem in deducing formations and the like. 

3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

It's a wonder these football managers are invited to do the post match interviews when they've had to make do with such a poor viewpoint on proceedings, isn't it?

'So then, José, what did you make of your team's performance today?'

'Don't ask me - I was only on the touchline. I haven't had a clue what's been going on for the past fifteen years to be honest with you. Here, ask this chap - he sits in row 13.'

• Haha 1