The "Chris of death"

Guest keepitsteel67

One of my new favorite pass times in pre season is to browse though United's forum that su24 thing or whatever it is... Some of the most deluded stuff I've ever seen written on there lol.. Taking about them to finish above us at 9/4 as a decent bet and laughing at us for thinking were atop 6 team in the division... I honesty can't wait... Can't ******* wait !!!!!

3 hours ago, BD2OWL said:

Absolutely categorically would a bookie not allow you to change a bet.

May have been offered a cash out of 50p online, but no way would a bookies cancel a bet.

My mate is a manager at Coral and i just rang him.

He said that in theory he could change the bet as long as no part of the bet had started.

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

What you should have done is let him put the bet on, and gone half with him. Sounds a reasonable bet to me.  UTO   

UTO kev UTO.

Now i'm a half and half gambler, and never with big money.

Half is with my head - I do the science behind the bet.    I win more than I wager generally with these

The other half is with my heart, and with these I usually lose royally - although I have had a couple of big wins, still not enough to break even.

Overall, when I add both types of my half and half bets up, i'm a loser, but not by much.

Your mate Chris is obviously not the loser out of the two of you, as he doesn't exist.

47 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

My mate is a manager at Coral and i just rang him.

He said that in theory he could change the bet as long as no part of the bet had started.

I used to be a manager at William Hill... and there's no cover for being an idiot. 

Even online as as soon as you place a bet it offers you less than your stake to cash out. 

5 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

I used to be a manager at William Hill... and there's no cover for being an idiot. 

Even online as as soon as you place a bet it offers you less than your stake to cash out. 

My mate said he could use his discretion.

Whether Billy Hills and Coral managers have different 'powers', I dont know. 

6 hours ago, wednesdayok said:

Just had a massive row with a heavy gambler named Chris  here in Borehamwood, he placed a bet of £500 on the owls getting promotion this year, as he's s**t at gambling I told him the last  we want is the Chris of death on our beloved club, so I forced him to change his bet to Sheffield U****d, mission accomplished, The owls are going up

IMG_5927.JPG

4 hours ago, keepitsteel67 said:

One of my new favorite pass times in pre season is to browse though United's forum that su24 thing or whatever it is... Some of the most deluded stuff I've ever seen written on there lol.. Taking about them to finish above us at 9/4 as a decent bet and laughing at us for thinking were atop 6 team in the division... I honesty can't wait... Can't ******* wait !!!!!

Well that is silly. I'm pretty sure that a team who has finished in the top 6 for 2 consecutive seasons has every right to brand themselves a top 6 team.

Edited by poite

On 13/07/2017 at 13:39, wednesdayok said:

Just had a massive row with a heavy gambler named Chris  here in Borehamwood, he placed a bet of £500 on the owls getting promotion this year, as he's s**t at gambling I told him the last  we want is the Chris of death on our beloved club, so I forced him to change his bet to Sheffield U****d, mission accomplished, The owls are going up

Okay, so what we all want to know is, how heavy a gambler is Chris? I'll start the debate and I say, 22 stone, or for those who understand French, 140kgs.

Part of the wetakeoveranythread.co.uk group

Edited by ChapSmurf

6 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Okay, so what we all want to know is, how heavy a gambler is Chris? I'll start the debate and I say, 22 stone, or for those who understand French, 140kgs.

Part of the wetakeoveranythread.co.uk group

I doubt Wednesdayok can weigh a man with his eys.