Matchday Ticket Prices Frozen

23 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I don't think he bothers anymore because of all the poo he gets because he happens to passionately believe that football should be affordable to more people than it is - and that Wednesday are in the vanguard of baddies when it comes to ticket prices. That makes some people angry.

As for a ticket price freeze - what matters is the balance of categories. All we know for now is the maximum price hasn't changed. 

He should have reported personal abuse he received.

However lets not paint him as a saint as he was very self righteous and condescending in his views and simply didn't want to listen to any counter arguments.

And why not stay about and debate in other threads..

Unless you only want to use this site to attack the club on one issue.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 17:02, 31Dec1966 said:

This ^.

I'd love football to be cheaper, and cars, and petrol, and beer, and council tax.

I take the point that no matter what the price some people would always say its too much.

Also I can see the argument on ticket prices that if you don't like the price then don't pay it.

But football clubs do exploit peoples loyalty. You can always change your favourite pint from Carling to John Smiths depending on price but you wont change football clubs.

Also I have seen a satisfactory explanation why Sheffield Wednesday are more expensive then clubs like Derby, Forest, Wolves all a similar size to Wednesday and none have parachute payments.

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Also I have seen a satisfactory explanation why Sheffield Wednesday are more expensive then clubs like Derby, Forest, Wolves all a similar size to Wednesday and none have parachute payments.

What was the explanation?

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I take the point that no matter what the price some people would always say its too much.

Also I can see the argument on ticket prices that if you don't like the price then don't pay it.

But football clubs do exploit peoples loyalty. You can always change your favourite pint from Carling to John Smiths depending on price but you wont change football clubs.

That's a fair response to my response !  (except, how can anyones favourite pint be Carling ?  Or John Smiths for that matter:blush:.

I agree that clubs exploit their captive audience, and I'd love our club to follow the example of Huddersfield should we get promoted.  For now though, I trust Mr. Chansiri to act in the best interests of the club and try and keep the club solvent. I also trust him to reward the fans who have stuck by the club in the last 20 (mostly) dismal years .

3 hours ago, Slick. said:

For the third season in a row our fans will be paying Champions League prices for second tier football.

Thats the reality, regardless of whatever spin you try and put on it.

Dont disagree about the prices for walk up fans.  But can I just point out that the majority of our attendances last season were from ST holders (circa 20k). 

The ST prices are good value imo. 

That said away fans and walk up

fans could be charged some silly money. 

Anyone know how many games were classed as cat a & b last season? 

Guest everydays_wednesday
5 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Dont disagree about the prices for walk up fans.  But can I just point out that the majority of our attendances last season were from ST holders (circa 20k). 

Barnsley fan on twitter going nuts about the price....says he can count all our cat A games on one hand....6 !!

18 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Our season ticket prices are amongst the highest in the Championship.

The reason the ST prices are perceived to be good value (and one of the main reasons why we have sold so many ST in my opinion) is because the POTG prices are an absolute rip-off.

I have a ST for next season, even though I know there is a strong chance that I could miss 5-6 games next season due to work commitments.  If I didn't have a season ticket, I would not be attending any league games priced at £30 or more; there's no justification for paying those prices IMO, even though I could afford to.

2 hours ago, WaikanaeOwl said:

I'm personally critical of the pricing. I know we don't give a fig for away fans but £49 for Cat A is not good. I don't want to see away fans priced out. I'd prefer a good atmosphere and away fans help that naturally. 

there ought to be a cap on away fans prices like the Prem...£20 tops. That way we wouldn't get fleeced by clubs trying to cash in on our following