Matchday Ticket Prices Frozen

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The converse is a low price against the less interesting teams doesn't always seem to bring in numbers. Hence the use of the word dichotomy. DC must be quite confused by us as a group of fans

It's a mixture of things isn't it? It's complicated by season ticket numbers, local derbies, away fans etc.

When we were lowering prices for midweek games a couple of seasons ago and figures were disappointing some of us argued if you did the same against a no-mark team on a Saturday then numbers would improve. The result when we did was a crowd of almost 30k against Charlton Athletic. The previous Saturday home game that wasn't a local derby was against Brentford - similar stature club. The crowd was just under 21k. 

I guess the relatively high number of season tickets we've sold makes the minimum crowds now higher than they would have been in that season - especially as the number of season ticket holders who don't turn up isn't released. 

1 hour ago, Jarvy said:

Whilst this is good, I expect we'll find a lot more matches at the highest price category than in previous seasons.

Marketing saw last season that our fans will pay the highest prices for tickets and they'll exploit it wherever possible.

I generally like our ownership at the moment but there's no charity in the way they run the club. That said, I'm a realist and they've got to make it profitable somehow.

It's just a shame that I can barely afford less than 10 matches a season nowadays.

10 category A games, and you have a season ticket !!!!        Easy.   UTO 

The top and bottom of this whole topic.

The club ( like many) runs it's yearly accounts at a massive loss.

Ticket prices/sales are not going to make a blind bit of difference to the profit/loss profile.

Some might say it helps with FFP.... I've yet to see a shred of evidence for this.

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

The top and bottom of this whole topic.

The club ( like many) runs it's yearly accounts at a massive loss.

Ticket prices/sales are not going to make a blind bit of difference to the profit/loss profile.

Some might say it helps with FFP.... I've yet to see a shred of evidence for this.

I don't disagree. It goes back to that dichotomy over the corporate areas / pricing. I have given up trying to 2nd guess what the rationale is on both that and ticket prices when the differential in approach probably accounts for a week's wages

1 hour ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Sunderland Middlesbrough pigs Leeds Barnsley villa hull all highest category? 

Any others?

Doubt there will be that many category A's tbh

Last season Leeds was B and Barnsley C off the top of my head

Edited by uptheowls
-

2 hours ago, edited said:

Doubt there will be that many category A's tbh

Last season Leeds was B and Barnsley C off the top of my head

I think Boro was C too, sure we had 3 A category games. Villa, Newcastle and Fulham. 

4 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

to charge a average £35 for 90 minutes of 'football' is disgusting In any league ,never mind seeing the crap we saw last season.

It was terrible to see us finish 4th with over 80 points, the 5-1 win against Norwich was worse performance in years. :duntmatter:

Bring back Irvine and league one. 

"Freezing" them is just a marketing term. They used higher categories last year that the previous season. 

I worked it all out at the end of the season and I've forgotten the exact number, but it worked out about £3 a ticket more in 16-17 compared to 15-16.

4 minutes ago, kristmace said:

"Freezing" them is just a marketing term. They used higher categories last year that the previous season. 

I worked it all out at the end of the season and I've forgotten the exact number, but it worked out about £3 a ticket more in 16-17 compared to 15-16.

I think we had a few more attractive fixtures last season,Villa, Newcastle and Barnsley are bigger games than Burnley, Hull and possibly Boro from previous season. 

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

It was terrible to see us finish 4th with over 80 points, the 5-1 win against Norwich was worse performance in years. :duntmatter:

Bring back Irvine and league one. 

so you think the performances where great ?

I go to be entertained and hopefully get a win ,not paying £35+ to watch bannan pass to lees,lees lump up the field.

and out of 23 home matches you can name 1 decent performance

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

I think we had a few more attractive fixtures last season,Villa, Newcastle and Barnsley are bigger games than Burnley, Hull and possibly Boro from previous season. 

True. The average game was still a category up on the previous year though, so those 3 weren't just the cause of that. 

We've spent money and it's got to be recouped. I would expect a similar shift up the categories this coming season.