4 hours ago, A12owl said:

Why ask the question. Why shouldn't he be training with the rest of the squad?

Because I haven't seen any mention on the SWFC site of his signing, and I would have thought that our record signing would have warranted a mention. 

14 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Because I haven't seen any mention on the SWFC site of his signing, and I would have thought that our record signing would have warranted a mention. 

What about the bit in January that said it would become a permanent transfer?

On 1 July 2017 at 16:42, trev said:

I know mate, but I live in hope.

I think we all agree that if Rhodes can get service AND confidence he can be that elusive 20 goal striker. He has the attributes, record and ability. 

Hope is lovely. Great camp site.

Rhodes slimmed down big time at boro, he carried timber at hudds and blackburn. That's because karanka wanted him working harder for the team, running the channel etc. We had him doing the same here, some games he was chasing back to our box .

thats not Jordan Rhodes. If I were Carlos i would be feeding him mamas special lasagne and garlic bread every night and tell him to put on some timber and stop running around as much. Just goal hang and finish and get your strike partner to do the graft.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Rhodes slimmed down big time at boro, he carried timber at hudds and blackburn. That's because karanka wanted him working harder for the team, running the channel etc. We had him doing the same here, some games he was chasing back to our box .

thats not Jordan Rhodes. If I were Carlos i would be feeding him mamas special lasagne and garlic bread every night and tell him to put on some timber and stop running around as much. Just goal hang and finish and get your strike partner to do the graft.

To be fair, Carlos did have him running the channels, and tracking back, something which helped us go on that unbeaten run. He needs to do more of that if he is to oust Fletcher from the starting eleven

On 08/07/2017 at 19:51, Earlsfieldowl said:

If he gets picked...

Still not convinced CC knows how to get the best out of him 

Is willing to get the best out of him !

Everyone with half a brain knows how too... play him week in week out and get crosses in from good attacking wing play not full backs only just in the opposing half!!! On top of that get Abdi playing into his runs and yes he will score goals.

Basically attack instead of playing defensive !

41 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Is willing to get the best out of him !

Everyone with half a brain knows how too... play him week in week out and get crosses in from good attacking wing play not full backs only just in the opposing half!!! On top of that get Abdi playing into his runs and yes he will score goals.

Basically attack instead of playing defensive !

Maybe Carlos doesn't believe we have the quality to play that way As much as I dislike watching us play this way, I think I'd agree with him about a lack of quality in vital areas Though whether that is his fault, or somebody else has been responsible for recruitment, I don't know

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

To be fair, Carlos did have him running the channels, and tracking back, something which helped us go on that unbeaten run. He needs to do more of that if he is to oust Fletcher from the starting eleven

Fletcher runs the channels and tracks back? Really? 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe Carlos doesn't believe we have the quality to play that way As much as I dislike watching us play this way, I think I'd agree with him about a lack of quality in vital areas Though whether that is his fault, or somebody else has been responsible for recruitment, I don't know

If that is the case why spend all that money on him... doesn't make sense.

Do you not think if we had played McManaman on one wing and Reach on the other with Rhodes up front every game from January last year Rhodes would be scored significantly more ? I have no idea if we would have gained as many points but I have no doubt Rhodes would have scored a lot more.

40 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

If that is the case why spend all that money on him... doesn't make sense.

Do you not think if we had played McManaman on one wing and Reach on the other with Rhodes up front every game from January last year Rhodes would be scored significantly more ? I have no idea if we would have gained as many points but I have no doubt Rhodes would have scored a lot more.

To be fair, I've long been asking that question. That's why, although initially scoffing at the idea of someone else being responsible for recruitment, I now think that is the case. Some of the signings have been so un-Carlos like, in terms of the actual player, and the way he sets us up to play.

As for the second part of the question, I don't know. Pretty certain Rhodes would score more goals playing that way, but I'm dubious whether we'd win more games.

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

To be fair, I've long been asking that question. That's why, although initially scoffing at the idea of someone else being responsible for recruitment, I now think that is the case. Some of the signings have been so un-Carlos like, in terms of the actual player, and the way he sets us up to play.

As for the second part of the question, I don't know. Pretty certain Rhodes would score more goals playing that way, but I'm dubious whether we'd win more games.

I have to agree with you on both points.

So can you really blame Carlos ? Again I don't know. I think he can do better with the players he has and his tactics do leave a lot to be desired.

For example if Hooper is fit Carlos still believes his best team is that what started the play off final. Despite us spending all the money we have and him changing his style of play. That to me is naive.

But to sign players that the manager doesn't want or doesn't fit again doesn't sit well. Boyd is a Carlos type player so can see him being his signing. But again is he what we need to move forward I'm not so sure.

Its quite worrying going forward for the club and I can't see any progression myself which is not the messages we're getting.

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'm a big fan of JR.  I think he'll come good with the right service.

I do agree with the impression that it wasn't CC's signing though.  I think the way he crow barred him in to the side during the PO second leg vs Hudds showed that.  Almost as if he's been instructed to get him on the pitch no matter what.

I hope he isn't spoilt by CC's tactics.  We've seen it happen with other players under other managers before.

Edited by wednesdaywizard

I would like to see him be provided for, rather than him being the provider, I also want to see him demanding to take penalties and penalty box line free kicks and being unhappy about being substituted, only then will we have the player that I know he wants to be.