53 minutes ago, trev said:

Rhodes is class.

So happy he is our player now.

Him and Hooper are a frightening strike partnership. 

It's going to rain goals next season.

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

With respect Trev, we heard all this in January. However, I hope it does, but I still see us playing it cagey, but with hopefully a little more intent going forwards

Dont you think the fact that we scored 7 goals on the150 minutes they have played together really exciting ?

It's possibly a fluke, but just as possible that they are one hell of a handful.

To use Trev's turn of phrase, that is raining goals. Torrential.

Edited by Holmowl

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Dont you think the fact that we scored 7 goals on the150 minutes they have played together really exciting ?

It's possibly a fluke, but just as possible that they are one hell of a handful.

Having watched all those minutes I'd say more of a coincidence than a real terrifying threat they provided.

But if it stays the same and we keep winning I'd stick with it 

6 minutes ago, torres said:

Having watched all those minutes I'd say more of a coincidence than a real terrifying threat they provided.

But if it stays the same and we keep winning I'd stick with it 

Those two on the team sheet will keep opposition coaches up at night.

1 hour ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I was only joking but yes he would have made a difference. I didn't know he was available, I thought it was just Owlstalkers putting a 100 page joke thread together every Jan and Aug. Now we've bought JR and everyone else is too old or rubbish we need to think of someone new for the let's hope transfer thread!  

Went to wolves didn't he?

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

With respect Trev, we heard all this in January. However, I hope it does, but I still see us playing it cagey, but with hopefully a little more intent going forwards

I know mate, but I live in hope.

I think we all agree that if Rhodes can get service AND confidence he can be that elusive 20 goal striker. He has the attributes, record and ability. 

Let's forget all these ideas about changing systems, it's unlikely to happen, other from perhaps the odd match. So let's suppose Carlos is the one responsible for signing him, then he must have an idea on how he fits him into the starting eleven. Even for a side with our resources, buying him as a back up striker doesn't really make sense.

For me, there is only one role he could potentially lay claim to, and that is the lone striker role. We know Jordan Rhodes would score goals with a big man alongside him, but we won't play that way, accept perhaps against the weaker sides. So the big question is, can he play as a single striker? I watched him in that role last season, and although he didn't look a particularly good fit, he gave it his all and contributed to the general shape of the side. It's a difficult role, and one he isn't used to playing, but he does have the physical attributes to play there. 

39 minutes ago, House Stark said:

This! I'd also say he's more a 30 goal a season striker in a decent team with the right service and if we play to his strengths.

Correction, he's more of a 30 goal striker in an average team (Huddersfield, Blackburn) in a good side like ours, challenging at the top, it won't all be about Jordan Rhodes

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Correction, he's more of a 30 goal striker in an average team (Huddersfield, Blackburn) in a good side like ours, challenging at the top, it won't all be about Jordan Rhodes

To be honest I wouldn't care if we did make it all about Jordan Rhodes and built the team around him if he goes on to have a season like Clive Allen did for Spurs in 1987 scoring 49 goals in all competitions as long as we finish in the top 2.

Going on last season, I would have Winnall in the team over him. If Rhodes wants to get in the team he should have to earn his way in and prove that he is good today because even though he is the best we could ask for in the championship, he didn't get a chance at Boro and he wasn't our best player last season and it's possible he's not what he used to be.