Porky Hoyland

30 minutes ago, jasper said:

Think he will sign a new contract soon!!! the big danger is if Arsenal come in'and make a substantial bid for him'i know they watched him on several occasions last season'and were one of the prem teams with scouts at the u23 final at Hillsborough. 

Correct.

Thats why we missed out on Connor Bramhall who we'd had in training for a couple of weeks. We do couldn't make our minds up wether to sign him and Arsenal we're that impressed they had him in training with them the day after and signed immediately.

Does this whole George Hirst thing remind anyone a bit of the Tony Simmons thing in days gone by? Touted for greatness..  Bangin goals in for fun in the reserves / youth team.. not being given a look-in in the first team.. Ended up just fizzling out..? 

Second page and still don't know who Hoyland is.

:columbo:

edit. not the world famous Sausage Arms inventor, but the one in the article.

Edited by mrgund

13 hours ago, David1867 said:

He's out of contract next summer and will be free to move anywhere he wants for a pittance of a fee set by tribunal. I'm afraid it's the player that holds all the power in this situation. If a good offer comes in and he wants to leave, we will sell him. 

We need to do all we can to tie this lad down to a long term contract. He is our future 

12 hours ago, tuttuttut said:

Who's Hoyland?

Never heard of him.

*Thumps table*

You've heard of Lor though, yeah?

19 hours ago, WMJ4ever said:

Does this whole George Hirst thing remind anyone a bit of the Tony Simmons thing in days gone by? Touted for greatness..  Bangin goals in for fun in the reserves / youth team.. not being given a look-in in the first team.. Ended up just fizzling out..? 

I thought Tony picked up an injury that he couldn't shake off. I agree he was a fantastic prospect. I share everyone's concerns about ensuring George has a chance but 40 goals and an England shirt at youth level suggests we're looking after him well and he's progressing into a great footballer.  As for giving the pig a public forum in the city to unsettle George that needs to be addressed. The club should now find a way to unsettle Everton's youth players. I have nothing against Everton but if they chose to engage idiots that can't behave they should reap the consequences. 

2 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I thought Tony picked up an injury that he couldn't shake off. I agree he was a fantastic prospect. I share everyone's concerns about ensuring George has a chance but 40 goals and an England shirt at youth level suggests we're looking after him well and he's progressing into a great footballer.  As for giving the pig a public forum in the city to unsettle George that needs to be addressed. The club should now find a way to unsettle Everton's youth players. I have nothing against Everton but if they chose to engage idiots that can't behave they should reap the consequences. 

As I recall, Tony Simmons didn't have the all round game that George appears to have Certainly he didn't have the same international recognition. Simmons though, did have outstanding pace, which got him goals galore at youth level. 

I think we should loan out George to maybe Rotherham or something so he can possibly get a run of games somewhere and prove his worth as with what we are aiming to achieve we can't risk this at the beginning of the season.