Grant Hanley and Daniel Ayala

grant hanley =martin taylor mark 2 ...................never heard of the ayala though if he is the bloke who got sent off at boro in the cup I don't remember him impressing me .but then opposites rarely do so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt .

21 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

According to the article, Hanley has four years left on £45k/week. So if we take on his contract, with zero transfer fee, it'd cost us £9m. I'd say that's about the limit we should of pay. So Hanley needs to take a big pay cut and/or Newcastle need to cut their losses, significantly.

And if we were to give Hanley £45k, I hope the club are wary of the possible impact on other players in the squad.

Shocking that anybody could see fit to pay Hanley that amount.

He's an error-prone donkey.

5 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Shocking that anybody could see fit to pay Hanley that amount.

He's an error-prone donkey.

Aye, it's Fat Ashley ethics through and through.

He can give the go ahead to pay 45K per week to the likes of Hanley while the majority of people that work for him are on a shilling a week and a bowl of gruel per day if they are lucky. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

According to the article, Hanley has four years left on £45k/week. So if we take on his contract, with zero transfer fee, it'd cost us £9m. I'd say that's about the limit we should of pay. So Hanley needs to take a big pay cut and/or Newcastle need to cut their losses, significantly.

And if we were to give Hanley £45k, I hope the club are wary of the possible impact on other players in the squad.

Why? some players will be on that, or there and thereabouts.

37 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Nobody else will pay him £45k per week and he knows it, wouldn't surprise me if he dug his heels in and rotted in Newcastle's reserves for a year or two.  Unless he would take a pay cut to play regularly elsewhere...............

If that was the case id be happy to sign him on a season long loan as back up to ayala

3 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Why? some players will be on that, or there and thereabouts.

I admit to knowing nothing about player contracts, but....

One of of those would be Fletcher: a free transfer.

Paying Hanley £45k per week for four years (i.e. picking up his existing contract) and paying a significant transfer fee (did Newcastle pay best part of £10m?) seems way over the top for a decent but not exceptional defender.

As I said, a free transfer (unlikely) plus £9m in wages (or some combination adding up to the same) seems about top end to me, especially if we are paying for other new recruits.

34 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Paying Hanley £45k per week for four years (i.e. picking up his existing contract) and paying a significant transfer fee (did Newcastle pay best part of £10m?) seems way over the top for a decent but not exceptional defender.

As I said, a free transfer (unlikely) plus £9m in wages (or some combination adding up to the same) seems about top end to me, especially if we are paying for other new recruits.

I think Hanley was 5m, but you're right he would be very expensive. There must be more cost effective options?

45 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I've not seen enough of him to comment - although, I thought he looked really good whenever I have seen him at Hillsborough or away at Ewood Park. He's obviously been highly regarded as he wouldn't be on that kind of money at Newcastle. Whether or not he is living up to expectations is another thing entirely. If he comes to us and plays as well as he can, then he'd be worth the money, if not then he wouldn't - BUT, I suppose the same can be said for a £10k a week player, etc, etc. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I'm just glad we aren't buying another Watford player.

"Gutted tiny's gone, will be a rock at SWFC" (Martin Taylor)

"Can't believe we let the professor go, I'm lumping on SWFC to win the league" (Almen Abdi)

Do one Watford you lying t@ts lol

Remember when we got Forestieri off them for £3m?

2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

So you don't want another Watford player in case they aren't player of the season in their second season?

It was a tongue in cheek comment mate as Taylor and Abdi (so far) never lived up to the mark.

I can't think of a current Watford player that we would be in for or how realistic it would be.