iFollow

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I think it's a good deal but it certainly isn't a bargain.  Remember that whenever we are on Sky, the games will not be shown either.  It sounds like there will be no radio system available for the cup games either which is a worse deal than last year with Player.

Dont buy it then yer tight arse lol

Guest Kagoshimaowl
28 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Dont buy it then yer tight arse lol

I've already bought it mate.  I may. E a tight arse but having these games will stop me getting pissed every Saturday night.  It's a health and family decision, too!   lol

6 hours ago, richowl said:

What do people want for £110?

if I was aboard I'd be happy with a grainy SD picture with no commentary if it meant I could watch us play EVERY game.

I'd be happier with audio commentary for live matches, and full video replays uploaded the day after.  For half the cost. Which is what we had last season.

Guest mkowl
7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I think it's a good deal but it certainly isn't a bargain.  Remember that whenever we are on Sky, the games will not be shown either.  It sounds like there will be no radio system available for the cup games either which is a worse deal than last year with Player.

Thought the issue was that if the game was being shown in the international area TV wise it won't be on Ifollow. Makes sense as the EFL won't want to compromise the monies received from the worldwide broadcasters.  Clearly if a game is picked by Sky in the UK then it is more likely to be shown by international TV as well. Presumably however if you are in NZ for example and your local station chooses not to show the game the system will be clever enough not to block the stream for those in that area. But it won't just be Sky games there is usually a Saturday 3pm game chosen for the international feed so be a few of those over the season as well.

Presumably for home games the "commentary" will be the audio feed for the UK customers. Away games might just tap into the home teams commentary. 

2 hours ago, pinowl said:

So do we reckon the Alfreton match will be on iFollow tonight and who our lineup could be?

According to the website it is on Ifollow - will be interested to here how good it is before i take the plunge!

To those moaning about it being a poor idea, try living abroad where you get to see nowt and have to put up with Wednesday Player cutting out. I think it's a brilliant idea.

Oh and for those moaning it's not a substitute for the matches, it's not.  It's intended for those who can't logistically travel to the games due to aeroplanes/ ferries and not to replace the tight arses that don't/ won't stump up for a game when they live an hour away. 

It's great to have an option for legitimately watching live games with a quality picture (you'd hope). The price isn't too bad if you watch enough games. I'd be interested to know how revenue is allocated to the clubs involved.

It can be tough here, our time difference to the UK ranges between 11,12 or 13hrs dependant on time of year, 3pm kickoffs mess up you're weekend if you try to watch them, late midweek kickoff not so bad.

My usual routine has been to watch the goals via Sky using VPN then the game highlights via the clubs Youtube. That'll probably stay the same if those remain available. 

6 hours ago, A12owl said:

Apparently ifollow only transmits EFL league matches. What will happen to any cup matches?

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Has anybody any idea how or if we will get a Cup commentary ? There doesnt seem to have been any replies. 

OS fixtures show the ifollow icon on the Chesterfield cup game

But they also had it on the friendlies until the day.

On 10/07/2017 at 22:17, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sky are cheaper this season now and offer one off, day passes for EFL fixtures.  

I don't think we can say it's bargain or not, as we have nothing to compare it too?  It's not the same as Sky coverage, it''s not the same as going...we don't know if it will have multiple cameras, one camera, if Cup games arew shown or not, what commentary it is, etc.

7 minutes ago, h-owl-er said:

Does anyone know if the game stays available to watch, after the live event. I'm based in Western Australia and time differences would make watching live games a challenge at times. Cheers

know what you mean i did a year in Oz was a nightmare trying to keep up live esp midweek

On 7/12/2017 at 12:46, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Will be looking at this for the Away matches (Have a season ticket for the home games). Unfortunately will be VPN as Ireland is not classed as overseas :columbo:

What are the viewing options? iPad / PC? Or is there an easy-ish way of getting it on mi telly? 

PC/Laptop - well anything with a web browser - not signed up yet so I dont know fully but think there is an APP for certain platforms. I set my Raspberry Pi with the rasbian browser and it worked on that for the interviews and hudds match - dont know how it will fair on the live games though.