Mansfield Town 15th July 3pm

6 hours ago, Holmes said:

Careful your in danger of coming across as positive :) 

I know and I can't have made more than 5 or six posts regarding the play off defeat... thanks for pointing this out , I've clearly been letting my standards slip . Carlos is cr@p, the ground is awful , rip off tickets .... better ? :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

It has to be the most depressing place I've been to watch football, and I've been to some reyt sh*tholes

I know. There's just something about it that is so depressing. The concourse is like the inside of a prison cell. 

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Should be an u23s friendly this one 

I would expect a mix of first team and squad players like most friendlies against lower league teams. The clue is the word friendly there not serious if you go expecting anything resembling proper football you will be disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I would expect a mix of first team and squad players like most friendlies against lower league teams. The clue is the word friendly there not serious if you go expecting anything resembling proper football you will be disappointed. 

Early pre season training exercise basically. 

5 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

unreal a place as big as Mansfield aint got a train station ,surely a thread could be sorted to find places of similar size what don't have a train station yer seriously boring .

See my other post, there is one now, I just remember us playing at Mansfield in late 70s and going to Midland station and asking for a train ticket and was told nearest station was Alfreton. 

Caught service bus instead which took ages, (not like our X78 bus) :biggrin:

Ten minutes from mine too. Looking forward to it. Been a few times to watch the stags this season they do a family ticket for 18 quid (one adult and one child) and they sometimes have a buy one get one free for consecutive home games. So 18 quid for four tickets. Can't knock that. 

14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

unreal a place as big as Mansfield aint got a train station ,surely a thread could be sorted to find places of similar size what don't have a train station yer seriously boring .

It's got a train station and has had for over 20 years.