Fletch and Hoops

13 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Fletcher has never been prolific to be honest, but his contribution at the back end of the season tells you his worth. I definitely wouldn't be looking to move him on.

True but with decent service he could have gotten 15+ last year. I don't want to see him paired with Fernando again for his sake and ours.

1 hour ago, caliban said:

Fletcher can go but not Hooper - it's no coincidence his return at the end of the season was at the beginning of a 6 match winning streak and his departure put a huge dent in our playoff chances. 

True, his injury record is just frustrating, hope he can have a good injury free run next season

50 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

hooper and rhodes all day for me next season from the off

Hooper dropping deep linking play, Rhodes on the shoulder, Abdi or Bannan as playmaker providing bullets.

1 hour ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Fletch and Hoops give you an unnecessary decision to make because of their name and work rate and link up play. No way near prolific enough. 

Hooper has scored a goal for every 184 minutes of Championship football he's played for our club.

How much more prolific do you expect a striker to be!?

I'd get rid of both.

Good players, battlers, not prolific enough, sell both, have us working around Rhodes and getting some service to him. Signed for 10 mil, work your system around him and get him service, do everything you can to get him scoring 20 goals.

Fletch and Hoops give you an unnecessary decision to make because of their name and work rate and link up play. No way near prolific enough. We play in front of teams because we play to strikers who look for little touches off to other players or little knock downs. 

Get us playing our strikers through, more exciting and more effective than playing it round for 90 mins not really going through the lines. 

Work team around Rhodes and get Nando on the left. 

Sign a winger for the right, someone top draw, and OBVIOUSLY play all 3 of Lee Bannan and Hutch in a central 3.

We either trust Winnal and Joao or not and if we do these should be the two on the bench. 

Tell Carlos then...

2 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I'd get rid of both.

Good players, battlers, not prolific enough, sell both, have us working around Rhodes and getting some service to him. Signed for 10 mil, work your system around him and get him service, do everything you can to get him scoring 20 goals.

Fletch and Hoops give you an unnecessary decision to make because of their name and work rate and link up play. No way near prolific enough. We play in front of teams because we play to strikers who look for little touches off to other players or little knock downs. 

Get us playing our strikers through, more exciting and more effective than playing it round for 90 mins not really going through the lines. 

Sign a winger for the right, someone top draw, and OBVIOUSLY play all 3 of Lee Bannan and Hutch in a central 3.

We either trust Winnal and Joao or not and if we do these should be the two on the bench. 

What a crock of bobbar

I'd get rid of both.

I wouldn't sell Hooper at the moment. Another injury plagued season though and he has to go. 

Not fussed about Fletcher either way. 

You make a decent point regarding those 2 in a pairing. Both like to take the ball with their back to goal, both too slow to offer much in behind, and we do tend to struggle to break the lines.

2 hours ago, Gilles De Bilde said:

Hooper is currently the best striker at the club, why would you want to sell your best players?

What are you basing this on?

Is it the 6 match winning run, where we picked up narrow wins, mainly down to Fletchers goal run?

3 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I'd get rid of both.

wow....truly insightful

get rid of those 2 and we'd score no bloody goals at all.

jog on son

Fletcher has scored a decent amount of goals in a disruptive season must've been about 12?Hooper really came into his own too. We need to keep the competition high between Rhodes, Winnall and these two. I'd look to utilise FF out wide if we can. 

I think Fletcher could be our Glenn Murray next season

20 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fletcher has scored a decent amount of goals in a disruptive season must've been about 12?Hooper really came into his own too. We need to keep the competition high between Rhodes, Winnall and these two. I'd look to utilise FF out wide if we can. 

I think Fletcher could be our Glenn Murray next season

I was kind of hoping Glenn Murray could be our Glenn Murray next season........

It must be me. Hoops and Fletch worked well together when they had the chance. To be fair, pick any two from Hoops, Fletch, Rhodes and Winnall. Vary it according to the opposition, form and injuries. That should be enough to frighten any defence. Dave ? Surely we've gone up a step from that haven't we ?

There will rarely be a time when all of our strikers are available over a season, injuries will happen, we don't need to change our attack (apart from letting Nuhiu go, it's about time.)  Any combination of the strikers we have with decent service could score for fun.  All we're missing is a slight change to our midfield and maybe a new winger - FF played in his best position, Abdi back, Hourihane...if Carlos finds the formation that works we will be terrifying.