18 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Been thinking a bit... this is our best side. Someone send it to Carlos please 

Westwood

Hunt    Lee's      Hutch     Reach

Bannan

Lee                          Forestieri

Hooper

Rhodes        Fletcher 

You want a 1 man central mid of the lightweight bannan? are you insane.

Or are you saying a 3 man midfield including FF...again...your insane.

On 2017-6-3 at 01:02, TomtheOwl95 said:

Get rid of Gary Hooper?

I'll assume you didn't pay much attention to the last 6 weeks of the season then.

hooper is neat hes tidy he links things, becuase of good performances he makes you consider picking him...with those two up front we will not score enough goals, we will continue to play slow build up waiting for the occassional chance when it drops to one of them or from a cross.

We do not have strikers running in behind, we do not create enough chances because of this and we are always at risk of not scoring. This mood then sets in and often it looks like we could play all night and not get 1.

I want to see our strikers do less and score more.

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

hooper is neat hes tidy he links things, becuase of good performances he makes you consider picking him...with those two up front we will not score enough goals, we will continue to play slow build up waiting for the occassional chance when it drops to one of them or from a cross.

We do not have strikers running in behind, we do not create enough chances because of this and we are always at risk of not scoring. This mood then sets in and often it looks like we could play all night and not get 1.

I want to see our strikers do less and score more.

Modern day strikers don't really 'do less'.

They do more and score more.

Look at Aguero at City, he's had to adapt a new style of player and work more, run more and now he's back in the goals for Pep.

This is the problem with Rhodes, he really doesn't do an awful lot. He used to being in teams where the whole focal point and team is set up around him scoring, we wont do that, we're better than that.

The only player we should ever base our teams structure around is Fessi. Because he really is a game changer on that left wing/free role.

Just now, Bradshaw said:

Modern day strikers don't really 'do less'.

They do more and score more.

Look at Aguero at City, he's had to adapt a new style of player and work more, run more and now he's back in the goals for Pep.

This is the problem with Rhodes, he really doesn't do an awful lot. He used to being in teams where the whole focal point and team is set up around him scoring, we wont do that, we're better than that.

The only player we should ever base our teams structure around is Fessi. Because he really is a game changer on that left wing/free role.

Fine admitedly Rhodes doesnt fit this category, but do Fletch and Hoops fit this category either? They might do a lot but they dont score enough. 

Ideally we would hvae a top draw player who does more and scores more.

Out of doing less and scoring more / doing more and scoring less - id pick the former.

Just now, Fibonacci91 said:

Fine admitedly Rhodes doesnt fit this category, but do Fletch and Hoops fit this category either? They might do a lot but they dont score enough. 

Out of doing less and scoring more / doing more and scoring less - id pick the former.

and to be ohnest, it amazes me that people dont get this. To be honest it makes me feel a bit of a nob head cos im genuinely sat here thinking these people are genuinely stupid

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Been thinking a bit... this is our best side. Someone send it to Carlos please 

Westwood

Hunt    Lee's      Hutch     Reach

Bannan

Lee                          Forestieri

Hooper

Rhodes        Fletcher 

4 strikers on the pitch? Don't be daft!

1 minute ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I think it's who you partnership the strikers with.

I do agree with Hooper and Fletcher up top, it isn't the most free flowing football in the world.

The problem we have, all 3 strikers (Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher) would work well with a pacey striker next to them.

Personally, I rate Hooper more than Rhodes, I think he brings more to the team, links up well and is the better finisher.

If we had Hooper up top with a pacey workhorse in the mould of Callum Wilson, Josh King etc we'd be well on our way to a lethal partnership.

1 hour ago, Bradshaw said:

I think it's who you partnership the strikers with.

I do agree with Hooper and Fletcher up top, it isn't the most free flowing football in the world.

The problem we have, all 3 strikers (Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher) would work well with a pacey striker next to them.

Personally, I rate Hooper more than Rhodes, I think he brings more to the team, links up well and is the better finisher.

If we had Hooper up top with a pacey workhorse in the mould of Callum Wilson, Josh King etc we'd be well on our way to a lethal partnership.

Wholeheartedly agree with this, but for the last year and a half, we've been collecting one paced strikers like they've been going out of fashion Err........which they have actually

Id rather see us building around Rhodes getting him played through for one-on-ones and getting crosses in. With FF on the left and another winger with Hutch Lee and Bannan (the perfect midfield trio, they could swap in right this second for Barca) in the middle.

find away to get that team playing, its the ultimate team.

3 4 3 with FF left channel, GH right channel LJ/ SF up top.  Midfield 4 of Reach, Abdi, Lee, NEW PACE

Back 3 Lees, Ayala, Hutch 

Autos sorted. A rotating front 4 of FF, GH, LJ, AA would be a sight to behold with width coming from wing backs and Lee buzzing around behind. 

Porous you say? I'd rather have porous than turgid. 

Still confused by people not rating Fletcher or suggesting he had all season and did nothing.

Fletcher - 2262 minutes - 11 goals - 205 mins/goal

Forestieri - 2764 minutes - 12 goals - 230 mins/goal

Hooper - 1519 minutes - 6 goals - 253 mins/goal

Winnall - 865 minutes - 3 goals - 288 mins/goal

Rhodes - 1372 minutes - 3 goals - 457 mins/goal
Joao - 706 Minutes - 1 goal - 706 mins/goal
Nuhiu - 518 minutes - 0 goals - xxxx mins/goal

Fletcher is the striker who gave us the best return last season, and scored 5 in his last 7 games. Why on earth are people saying we should get rid of him?

He should be our first choice striker, and we should be looking at getting the best of him. If he played every game he'd be up around 3500-4000 minutes for the season and probably have around 18 goals. The question for me is who to play along side him, if the Rhodes deal is happening then he'd seem the obvious choice given his scoring history at this level. Fletch also seemed to be building a bit of an understanding with Hooper which could be worth investigating, but an odd left-field suggestion is actually Joao. Joao's understanding and link up is actually pretty good and his pace could really benefit from Fletcher's intelligent play. I'd try it once or twice in preseason and see if they click.

Anyway, Fletcher in!

42 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Still confused by people not rating Fletcher or suggesting he had all season and did nothing.

Fletcher - 2262 minutes - 11 goals - 205 mins/goal

Forestieri - 2764 minutes - 12 goals - 230 mins/goal

Hooper - 1519 minutes - 6 goals - 253 mins/goal

Winnall - 865 minutes - 3 goals - 288 mins/goal

Rhodes - 1372 minutes - 3 goals - 457 mins/goal
Joao - 706 Minutes - 1 goal - 706 mins/goal
Nuhiu - 518 minutes - 0 goals - xxxx mins/goal

Fletcher is the striker who gave us the best return last season, and scored 5 in his last 7 games. Why on earth are people saying we should get rid of him?

He should be our first choice striker, and we should be looking at getting the best of him. If he played every game he'd be up around 3500-4000 minutes for the season and probably have around 18 goals. The question for me is who to play along side him, if the Rhodes deal is happening then he'd seem the obvious choice given his scoring history at this level. Fletch also seemed to be building a bit of an understanding with Hooper which could be worth investigating, but an odd left-field suggestion is actually Joao. Joao's understanding and link up is actually pretty good and his pace could really benefit from Fletcher's intelligent play. I'd try it once or twice in preseason and see if they click.

Anyway, Fletcher in!

Looking at those stats, we probably need to bring in another striker

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Looking at those stats, we probably need to bring in another striker

Not really. Top end strikers in the league are down around 150 mins/goal, but say Kermorgant is up around 200, Knockaert 250+, Scott Hogan 209.

Winnall including Barnsley was 183, Joao including Blackburn was 299.

I think we're all agreed that the service to our forwards wasn't exactly stellar this past season, so 205 from Fletch with poor service is actually pretty good.