Next season kit

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

A thread with Kit in the title is the appropriate place to discuss kits.

You can't be shouted down on here, because we can all reply. I would like people to change their minds and boycott the Owls Shop.

Will you join me in my boycott crusade to get the stripes back? 

It is a thread about Kits correct and every one can post their opinion and can put their opinion across

its the abuse of people with a different opinion and an apparent need to be proved right and vindicated that I don't get

I wont be joining you in a boycott of the shop because IMO I think this is a good move by the club and could mark a new and hopefully successful era for the club

but I also wouldn't belittle you or slag you if you choose not to buy a shirt on your principles

5 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

DC isn't a footy fan, I don't like idea of a chairman coming along and changing what he wants just cos he's chucking cash in. If he cares about the club he should ask the fans what they want otherwise he's a megalomaniac.

The thing is, we struggled to attract a genuine football fan with the spare cash available to make us competitive again. I'd like us to stay with all our 'traditions', but sometimes the time comes that compromises have to be made. If all he's going to change out of all elements of our traditional identity is the design of the kit, then if he delivers elsewhere I'm not going to cry about it.

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Yep, Always buy a home shirt, sometimes buy a 2nd if they're cheapish in the sales. I've also been the Uncle that bought shirts for my nephews and nieces too. 

As for the home shirts, Season before last I bought 8 (not all mine ), last season none 

Fair enough. I suppose what'll happen is if there are enough people like you that it starts to negatively affect sales, then my guess is he'll eventually consider returning to stripes.

In one of the other comments somebody said that people will buy anything with an owl on it. I think the more likely case is that people will buy anything because it's an official Sheffield Wednesday product.

Another genuine question, given your answer: If your nephews and nieces wanted a new non-striped kit, would you not buy it for them?

32 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

You can't be shouted down on here, because we can all reply. I would like people to change their minds and boycott the Owls Shop.

Has the circus not called and asked you to go back on clown duty yet?

Ridiculous stuff berating fans and the chairman over an anniversary football shirt.

22 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Fair enough. I suppose what'll happen is if there are enough people like you that it starts to negatively affect sales, then my guess is he'll eventually consider returning to stripes.

In one of the other comments somebody said that people will buy anything with an owl on it. I think the more likely case is that people will buy anything because it's an official Sheffield Wednesday product.

Another genuine question, given your answer: If your nephews and nieces wanted a new non-striped kit, would you not buy it for them?

I bought a couple the away shirt last year, the ones that still wanted the home shirt was bought by another Uncle. Slightly annoying really as I was always the one that bought em the home shirts, my brothers bro-in-law couldn't wait to jump in on my stubbornness.  :duntmatter:

Maybe I'm being a bit mental but I can't stand the kits, rarely watched the highlights last season as I just didn't recognise us. 

52 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

DC isn't a footy fan, I don't like idea of a chairman coming along and changing what he wants just cos he's chucking cash in. If he cares about the club he should ask the fans what they want otherwise he's a megalomaniac.

I can assure you that dc is a football fan and all his family have bought into swfc big time...put it this way I don't think he's here for the short term.

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

"So Chairman Chansiri, putting your personal preferences for an all blue kit, completely to one side, which kit do you want for SWFCs 150th Anniversary"

aaaaCapture.JPG

If it were a fan vote and I had a choice, I would go for one of the kits we wore when we won the top flight title. As for me that would be a great way to honour the club's history and past success.

14 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

"So Chairman Chansiri, putting your personal preferences for an all blue kit, completely to one side, which kit do you want for SWFCs 150th Anniversary"

aaaaCapture.JPG

As far as I'm aware we've not had the no centre stripe option (1924-30) in my years watching Wednesday (1974 onwards) We won the double wearing it, so I'd be up for that  :manager:

Guest Ash76
6 hours ago, zzmdu said:

I would like people to change their minds and boycott the Owls Shop.

No

5 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I bought a couple the away shirt last year, the ones that still wanted the home shirt was bought by another Uncle. Slightly annoying really as I was always the one that bought em the home shirts, my brothers bro-in-law couldn't wait to jump in on my stubbornness.  :duntmatter:

Maybe I'm being a bit mental but I can't stand the kits, rarely watched the highlights last season as I just didn't recognise us. 

Load of rounduns

6 hours ago, zzmdu said:

It's the easiest boycott ever, there's nothing to buy in there anyway. 

It's like giving up not sleeping, drinking pond water, eating wasps. 

6 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I'd tell the little twats to roger off. 

7 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Dont you usually boycott the team lol