Next season kit

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I am not saying you wouldn't support the team.  I meant would you support the decision?  Would you criticise Chnsiri?  Would you criticise fans who bought the strip?

I'd critiercise the fans. I'd be upset at the club and chairman and not buy it. 

Id like to think nor would others but plenty of friends in Cardiff bought the red strip, despite being called bluebirds. I said at that point to them (around about our winding up order timing) I'd play in green, pink red and white stripes, if it meant my club continued to exist.

the likelyhood is with all these things demand determines outcome. 

7 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Do you really believe this?  Obviously you do else you wouldn't have put it.

I think there would be a very different reaction. 

Why? What makes those fans so different from ours?

For the record, I personally see the parts of the club's identity like this (in order of importance):

1) The name "Wednesday"

2) Sheffield

3) The nickname "The Owls"

4) The badge itself depicting an owl

5) The colour (royal) blue

6) Hillsborough Stadium

7) Striped shirts

The way I see it, with Mr Chansiri only actually removing one of those things at the moment, and it being that low in my ranking of importance, I don't really see him as 'mugging us off' or us being 'gullible'. If he wasn't pumping so much money into the playing staff, maybe I'd feel differently.

34 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Nah.. I still see us in blue and white stripes.

It's slightly unfortunate that for some reason Chansiri has some sort of beef with stripes. But if you want to look at it in a positive, at least it's not gone to a red kit. 

But for me Sheffield Wednesday are know to play in blue and white stripes regardless of what we started with, what we have had over the years.. if you were to ask any football fan what do Wednesday play in.. they won't turn round and say.. Well when they started and in the 60s, they would say blue and white stripes.

Aye, that is the case these days, but back in the early 1900's, you'd have been saying "Nah pal, The Wednesday are hoops". If we keep all blue with white sleeves for the next 30 years and have some success (or remain reasonably famous), football fans of that generation will talk about Wednesday being all blue with white sleeves.

I see us as blue and white stripes as that is our main identity and has been all my lifetime, but I also accept things do change and we've not always been stripes - and didn't even start off as stripes.

20 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Do you really believe this?  Obviously you do else you wouldn't have put it.

I think there would be a very different reaction. 

Well, I know 3 Geordies and 2 Mackems, so I can ask them. But we can only guess what the fan bases reaction would be. What do you think they'd do? Go and support someone else? Protest? Refuse to buy the shirt until stripes were re-introduced?

Mr Chansiri you have done lots of good for our club. We had years of division before the Megson era reminded us wawaw. We don't need you causing more over our kit. We are Wednesday we wear stripes, blue and white. Just make a kit with blue and white stripes it isn't difficult. This is the one thing I have an issue about. The rest is great. Historically we may have once had solid blue with white sleeves yes but once people wore flare's !!! Good at the time but we all have moved on. Stripes are now us and need to be our future please....

Just now, Rayman said:

Was this record sales figure worked out in shirts sold or revenue generated? I only ask because if it's the latter it's a tiny bit unfair given that the adult shirts are around £15 more expensive now than a few years ago.

I think they said it was the number of units sold. Happy to be proven wrong though.

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I guess you have to make your own mind up,as to how much Blue & White stripes, are part of our identity.

Looking at the historic kits site we have 137 years of known kits. This picture might help you make your mind up.

Capturexx.JPG

To be fair some of those on the right are hoops.

To also be fair, by this logic we should be doing our nut when we play in white shorts. I actually like it.

I'd prefer stripes but I'm not going to lose my breakfast if we play in sleeves for a season. I'm just not going to buy the shirt.

2 minutes ago, Rayman said:

Was this record sales figure worked out in shirts sold or revenue generated? I only ask because if it's the latter it's a tiny bit unfair given that the adult shirts are around £15 more expensive now than a few years ago.

I'm not sure it was worked out on Income or Shirts sold. I think the units used was Sheep, but i could be wrong.

why is there a need to abuse or try to change the mind of those fans who are not opposed to a change

why do the few feel the need to shout down people when the vast majority on this thread and people I talk to are open to something new regarding the Kit and are of the opinion that as long as its blue and white its Wednesday

A few strange angry people on here that feel that they are the voice of the masses

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

why is there a need to abuse or try to change the mind of those fans who are not opposed to a change

why do the few feel the need to shout down people when the vast majority on this thread and people I talk to are open to something new regarding the Kit and are of the opinion that as long as its blue and white its Wednesday

A few strange angry people on here that feel that they are the voice of the masses

Some people like to get their own way, and if they don't then they resort to abuse. The rest of us just laugh at them as they get angrier and angrier.

3 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Phil,

I saying as I see it. I genuinely believe this move to an all blue kit represents how lame,pathetic & gullible our fanbase is and how disrespectful Chansiri is.

Due to the following IMO.

: The pathetic argument that we're not actually a Blue & White Striped Kit (tell that to the Geordies or Mackems, who've also deviated in the past)

:The lack of botheredness about an important part of our identity being thrown away (premiership all that matters)

:The gullible on here that buy the line that the 2ND all blue kit in a row, is a homage to the 1960s/70s kit

:The gullible that link it with the 100 year anniversary, despite Chansiri telling us he doesn't like striped kits & having one in season 16/17

I've got broad shoulders, the insults and swearing doesn't bother me, I expressing my opinion on kits on a kits thread.

To me a Chairmen is changing a major part of our identity, & we're not reight bothered.

It bothers me,  but some will buy owt with an owl on it.

I will not be buying another home shirt until it's blue and white stripes. The "historic 60s kit" is just an excuse to give us another blue kit, some swallowed the retro garbage last season when it's clearly nothing like a kit we've had before.

I appreciate all that DC has done for the club but he waint be getting any of my cash for the bastardisations (IMO so I'm entitled to it) of the home shirt.

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

It bothers me,  but some will buy owt with an owl on it.

I will not be buying another home shirt until it's blue and white stripes. The "historic 60s kit" is just an excuse to give us another blue kit, some swallowed the retro garbage last season when it's clearly nothing like a kit we've had before.

I appreciate all that DC has done for the club but he waint be getting any of my cash for the bastardisations (IMO so I'm entitled to it) of the home shirt.

Genuine question: do you always buy every home kit when it is the usual blue-and-white stripes?

7 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Some people like to get their own way, and if they don't then they resort to abuse. The rest of us just laugh at them as they get angrier and angrier.

Seems to be a lot more of it on here and on Twitter regarding SWFC, I suppose its becoming more and more in all walks of life that the unhappy few, will always shout louder than the happy majority, and after a while because they are shouting the loudest they think they are the majority

9 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

A thread with Kit in the title is the appropriate place to discuss kits.

You can't be shouted down on here, because we can all reply. I would like people to change their minds and boycott the Owls Shop.

Will you join me in my boycott crusade to get the stripes back? 

DC isn't a footy fan, I don't like idea of a chairman coming along and changing what he wants just cos he's chucking cash in. If he cares about the club he should ask the fans what they want otherwise he's a megalomaniac.

5 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Genuine question: do you always buy every home kit when it is the usual blue-and-white stripes?

Yep, Always buy a home shirt, sometimes buy a 2nd if they're cheapish in the sales. I've also been the Uncle that bought shirts for my nephews and nieces too. 

As for the home shirts, Season before last I bought 8 (not all mine ), last season none