Next season kit

25 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Phil,

I saying as I see it. I genuinely believe this move to an all blue kit represents how lame,pathetic & gullible our fanbase is and how disrespectful Chansiri is.

Due to the following IMO.

: The pathetic argument that we're not actually a Blue & White Striped Kit (tell that to the Geordies or Mackems, who've also deviated in the past)

:The lack of botheredness about an important part of our identity being thrown away (premiership all that matters)

:The gullible on here that buy the line that the 2ND all blue kit in a row, is a homage to the 1960s/70s kit

:The gullible that link it with the 100 year anniversary, despite Chansiri telling us he doesn't like striped kits & having one in season 16/17

I've got broad shoulders, the insults and swearing doesn't bother me, I expressing my opinion on kits on a kits thread.

To me a Chairmen is changing a major part of our identity, & we're not reight bothered.

I wouldnt call you names - and disagree with those that have. Broad shoulders or not, it's just not the right thing to do. 

It's the post I'm replying too not the poster.  And even if you are a "insert name here", You are OUR "insert name here".... you see how this supporting thing works? Even if you don't agree, you recognise its ours and support it. 

52 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Did they actually elaborate as to what they meant by 'in-house'? Could it just be that the club got its own designers to create it, and then collaborated with a sportswear brand (which I expect would've put us to the back of the queue regarding manufacturing schedule)? Or did they say they would be be bypassing a brand completely? They'd still need to use a standard sportswear manufacturing facility to actually make the kits so, again, I expect that would put us to the back of the queue.

Good point. That could be the case. I may have jumped the gun. 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I wouldnt call you names - and disagree with those that have. Broad shoulders or not, it's just not the right thing to do.

It's the post I'm replying too not the poster.  And even if you are a "insert name here", You are OUR "insert name here".... you see how this supporting thing works? Even if you don't agree, you recognise its ours and support it.

Yes I get that, the club has done lots of things I disagree with, over the 35 years of my support (mostly with a season ticket), yet I still support the club.

Common examples being Player Manager sales/purchases, Ticket prices, Kit choices, shop choice, catering etc etc.

Chansiri, changing us to an all Blue team (Eveton, Chelsea, Brum et al), & using our anniversary to do it, is different IMO.

Some things are not for sale, to me our Blue & White Striped identity is one of them.

I'm signed up for the 3 year deal. if it wasn't for that (& the kids), I'd probably take a step back.

Like a couple of thousand Man Utd fans c10 years ago, I'm  starting to feel that it aint my club anymore.

I wanna watch Wednesday run out of the Hillsborough tunnel, not the Chansiri 11.

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Yes I get that, the club has done lots of things I disagree with, over the 35 years of my support (mostly with a season ticket), yet I still support the club.

Common examples being Player Manager sales/purchases, Ticket prices, Kit choices, shop choice, catering etc etc.

Chansiri, changing us to an all Blue team (Eveton, Chelsea, Brum et al), & using our anniversary to do it, is different IMO.

Some things are not for sale, to me our Blue & White Striped identity is one of them.

I'm signed up for the 3 year deal. if it wasn't for that (& the kids), I'd probably take a step back.

Like a couple of thousand Man Utd fans c10 years ago, I'm  starting to feel that it aint my club anymore.

I wanna watch Wednesday run out of the Hillsborough tunnel, not the Chansiri 11.

Hopefully there is middle ground in between. 

I'd prefer us in stripes, but record sales suggests that I'm not right. That or a change is not bad every now and then. There are only so many ways you can change blue and white stripes, so breaking it up every now and then helps commercially I'd have thought.

41 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Phil,

I saying as I see it. I genuinely believe this move to an all blue kit represents how lame,pathetic & gullible our fanbase is and how disrespectful Chansiri is.

Due to the following IMO.

: The pathetic argument that we're not actually a Blue & White Striped Kit (tell that to the Geordies or Mackems, who've also deviated in the past)

:The lack of botheredness about an important part of our identity being thrown away (premiership all that matters)

:The gullible on here that buy the line that the 2ND all blue kit in a row, is a homage to the 1960s/70s kit

:The gullible that link it with the 100 year anniversary, despite Chansiri telling us he doesn't like striped kits & having one in season 16/17

I've got broad shoulders, the insults and swearing doesn't bother me, I expressing my opinion on kits on a kits thread.

To me a Chairmen is changing a major part of our identity, & we're not reight bothered.

Look how many badges/logos the Club has had in its time - just running a Google image search brings up about 10.

Our original strip was hoops wasn't it? We've also had near a decade of all blue with white sleeves. We've had Blackburn-style half and half. We went back to hoops in the 1940's. You'd be hard pushed to even called the awful 2005 shirt striped!

Yes, I know we are famous for blue and white strips. Yes, I know Mr Chansiri has stated he doesn't like stripes. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we ever wore stripes again with Mr Chansiri in charge.

What I'm trying to say is, whilst we have our historic identity, shirts and badges (even our name!) changed long before Mr Chansiri and will again long after Mr Chansiri has left. I don't think people are being gullible/lame/pathetic, I think people just accept changes like this have always happened and probably always will.

1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

The only issue I have with this theory is that the kit design could be done at any point, even if two designs were put forward for PL or Championship football. 

Its ran not a surprise the new kit, it doesn't creep up on the club they have an almost infinite amount of time to organise this, and negotiate the time frames with a supplier. 

My theory with this is that it's not time-based, but money-based. We could've had the design finished and sent to the manufacturer a year ago or more - but that doesn't get you to the front of the queue when it comes to the shirts actually being made, and especially if the kits aren't going to be displaying a brand's logo. To get to the front of the queue you either pay a premium (which the big clubs that are going to be guaranteed six-figure sales or more will be likely to do), or you go with a standard template kit which requires minimal adjustments by the manufacturer and get an allotted place in the production schedule. It sounds like we don't fit into either of those categories: we won't be selling hundreds of thousands of kits, and we've (according to rumour) gone with a bespoke design.

14 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Look how many badges/logos the Club has had in its time - just running a Google image search brings up about 10.

Our original strip was hoops wasn't it? We've also had near a decade of all blue with white sleeves. We've had Blackburn-style half and half. We went back to hoops in the 1940's. You'd be hard pushed to even called the awful 2005 shirt striped!

Yes, I know we are famous for blue and white strips. Yes, I know Mr Chansiri has stated he doesn't like stripes. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we ever wore stripes again with Mr Chansiri in charge.

What I'm trying to say is, whilst we have our historic identity, shirts and badges (even our name!) changed long before Mr Chansiri and will again long after Mr Chansiri has left. I don't think people are being gullible/lame/pathetic, I think people just accept changes like this have always happened and probably always will.

For me I'm not that precious about badges, prefer the previous badge, but not enough to throw the teddies out. The home kit & our name are my red lines.

Your're right we do seem to have accepted Chansiri changing us to an all blue kit.

Celtic didn't adopt Green and white hoops for their 1st 16 years (plain white, then green & white stripes)

What do you think the reaction would be if a new Chairman, declared that that he was changing Celtic to an all Green kit, because he didn't like hoops?

15 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

For me I'm not that precious about badges, prefer the previous badge, but not enough to throw the teddies out. The home kit & our name are my red lines.

Your're right we do seem to have accepted Chansiri changing us to an all blue kit.

Celtic didn't adopt Green and white hoops for their 1st 16 years (plain white, then green & white stripes)

What do you think the reaction would be if a new Chairman, declared that that he was changing Celtic to an all Green kit, because he didn't like hoops?

Wonder what our fans thought of our other kit changes at the time? I reckon it'll have been a bit like us talking about it now (without the internet of course!). There will be people in the 60's saying "Gi' stripes back", people in the late 1800's wanting to know where the hoops have gone, and so on, just like we are now asking for stripes back! Imagine having Mr Chansiri - and no stripes - for the next 20 years, and his replacement brings stripes back; we'll have folk complaining about the change.

Celtic is probably a little different - their nickname is The Hoops (or The Bhoys), so them losing the hoops on the shirt is probably a bit deeper than us losing the stripes. Looking at your previous examples - Newcastle and Sunderland - losing their stripes, I sense the reaction would be pretty much like ours now. It won't please 100% of the fan base - don't think even signing Messi would do that! - but I think most would see it as another small chapter in the clubs history and that stripes will probably be back again one day.

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Wonder what our fans thought of our other kit changes at the time? I reckon it'll have been a bit like us talking about it now (without the internet of course!). There will be people in the 60's saying "Gi' stripes back", people in the late 1800's wanting to know where the hoops have gone, and so on, just like we are now asking for stripes back! Imagine having Mr Chansiri - and no stripes - for the next 20 years, and his replacement brings stripes back; we'll have folk complaining about the change.

Celtic is probably a little different - their nickname is The Hoops (or The Bhoys), so them losing the hoops on the shirt is probably a bit deeper than us losing the stripes. Looking at your previous examples - Newcastle and Sunderland - losing their stripes, I sense the reaction would be pretty much like ours now. It won't please 100% of the fan base - don't think even signing Messi would do that! - but I think most would see it as another small chapter in the clubs history and that stripes will probably be back again one day.

Nah.. I still see us in blue and white stripes.

It's slightly unfortunate that for some reason Chansiri has some sort of beef with stripes. But if you want to look at it in a positive, at least it's not gone to a red kit. 

But for me Sheffield Wednesday are know to play in blue and white stripes regardless of what we started with, what we have had over the years.. if you were to ask any football fan what do Wednesday play in.. they won't turn round and say.. Well when they started and in the 60s, they would say blue and white stripes.

23 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Do you really believe this?  Obviously you do else you wouldn't have put it.

I think there would be a very different reaction. 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Of course i would. It would be painful to do but I would support the team and hope that kit sales/common sense influenced a sharp reversal of the crazy decision. But I'd still support the team. I would never quit my team because of a kit/strip. Nor would I criticize anyone that disagreed with my fashion choices and call them pathetic.  

I am not saying you wouldn't support the team.  I meant would you support the decision?  Would you criticise Chnsiri?  Would you criticise fans who bought the strip?