Gordon Watson

"The league was weaker than last season" did I hear that right. Wow, we had Newcastle with their treasure chest parachute payments and circa 50K crowds, Brighton who have been improving over the last 4 seasons, Villa who should have done better, Norwich (see villa comment), Derby and then the surprise packages that always appear. "We don't have a squad strong enough for the top 6" Ironically they have managed it for the last 2 seasons. Radio Sheffield United sticking the knife in as usual.

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

"The league was weaker than last season" did I hear that right. Wow, we had Newcastle with their treasure chest parachute payments and circa 50K crowds, Brighton who have been improving over the last 4 seasons, Villa who should have done better, Norwich (see villa comment), Derby and then the surprise packages that always appear. "We don't have a squad strong enough for the top 6" Ironically they have managed it for the last 2 seasons. Radio Sheffield United sticking the knife in as usual.

What for interviewing someone with an opinion who isn't scared to voice it?

We've blown a golden chance to get promoted two seasons on the trot. There needs to be an honest appraisal of why that happened.

There are a few people on this forum, and maybe you are one, who continually want to stifle opinion. As if openly questioning things somehow makes you anti Wednesday or a bad fan.

It's time to wake up.

Carlos has refused to move on from last years team.

Is that a manager problem or a recruitment problem?

Because tens of millions of transfer money sits on the bench while Carlos continues to pick Stuart Gray's team.

7 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

What for interviewing someone with an opinion who isn't scared to voice it?

We've blown a golden chance to get promoted two seasons on the trot. There needs to be an honest appraisal of why that happened.

There are a few people on this forum, and maybe you are one, who continually want to stifle opinion. As if openly questioning things somehow makes you anti Wednesday or a bad fan.

It's time to wake up.

Carlos has refused to move on from last years team.

Is that a manager problem or a recruitment problem?

Because tens of millions of transfer money sits on the bench while Carlos continues to pick Stuart Gray's team.

I'm not questioning his right to his opinion. I was questioning the two statements I wrote that he had said which I think are wrong. My opinion is that the league WAS stronger this year than last and we ARE good enough for the top six. I'm not stifling anybody's opinion, unless expressing my own opinion is stifling someone else's, which I doubt very much. And as for Radio Sheffield, they started the Carlos leaving rumours right before the play offs, kept it going after he said he wouldn't talk about it and continued it through the 2 games so my opinion of them is very low, but of course that is my opinion and I would not want to "stifle" anybody else's opinion on here.

Edited by Owling Wolfe

16 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd be interested to know how many games Gordon has watched us this season.

I wondered that when listening - sounded to me like he didnt have a great insight into the squad or our matches.

I think John Newsome gave a better insight especially into the rights and wrongs of the penalty takers.

Edited by Spookone

7 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I'm not questioning his right to his opinion. I was questioning the two statements I wrote that he had said which I think are wrong. My opinion is that the league WAS stronger this year than last and we ARE good enough for the top six. I'm not stifling anybody's opinion, unless expressing my own opinion is stifling someone else's, which I doubt very much. And as for Radio Sheffield, they started the Carlos leaving rumours right before the play offs, kept it going after he said he wouldn't talk about it and continued it through the 2 games so my opinion of them is very low, but of course that is my opinion and I would not want to "stifle" anybody else's opinion on here.

Agree with this too.

I don't buy this idea that this league was so much easier this season. You needed more points to make the top six and with Newcastle down that took one of the top spots.

I think the top two spots will be a lot harder to predict next season.

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I don't buy this idea that this league was so much easier this season. You needed more points to make the top six and with Newcastle down that took one of the top spots.

I think the top two spots will be a lot harder to predict next season.

You're right, when Newcastle came down most on here said that's the top spot gone so there's one promotion place available. I don't see that this year. The three coming down this year are a lot less scary than Newcastle, Villa and Norwich for certain.

54 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Watson was talking out of his back side 

This has been the toughest league in years 

No stand out team doesn't mean it's weaker!

We said we needed pace and strength last season, but only really added Reach and Fletcher in the strength category. 

In my view it only needs tweaking here and there, but having the energy and mettle in there to deal with the likes of PNE, Burton, Huddersfield etc who are very intense off the ball is a must for a side wanting autos

Edited by Bluesteel

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Stats can lie, he was average, bobbar. 

Wasn't great but a bit better than average bob bar IMO. Would have had a better and longer career but for that horrendous injury.

Always a wee bit gobby but there is something in his recent comments. As usual with him though he has overstated things a tad.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Apart from saying we need 2 centrehalfs  I pretty much agree with most of what he said . 

We were on sky one game and the 2 commentators virtually said the same . 

So you think that a team which has finished in the top 6 for the past two seasons running contains a bunch of players who are "bottom half" Championship? 

I think he made a couple of valid points in there, especially with regards to aspects of the recruitment. You don't finish in the top 6 two seasons running if your team is full of bottom of the half players,  that was a stupid comment, the sort of 'shock jock' rubbish you get on Talksport.

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

You're right, when Newcastle came down most on here said that's the top spot gone so there's one promotion place available. I don't see that this year. The three coming down this year are a lot less scary than Newcastle, Villa and Norwich for certain.

The problem there is that 2 of those 3 clubs are still down here!