Gordon Watson

Watson was that thick that down at Southampton when we were chanting " Who needs Cantona when we've got Gordon Watson ? " he didn't realise we were taking the wee wee out of him...he thought it was because he was a great player lol 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd be interested to know how many games Gordon has watched us this season.

My thoughts exactly 

His views sound like he's seen us about 4 times all season and read little bits from morons on twitter 

Gone down in my estimation 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Personally thought Watson sounded like he knew f*ck all. 

Came across as a bitter ex-pro who has barely watched us this season. 

Suggestion that the vast majority of our players are "bottom half" Championship ones? 

This being the same group of players who finished in the top 6 two seasons running? 

Nonsense. 

Totally agree 

Staton loved it though you could tell!

24 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

I'm on a public forum that is for fans, he was on local media talking about Wednesday.
That literally makes no difference, he's entitled to his opinion and so are you. Even if one's a Champions League winner and the other sells hot dogs on Rhyl sea front. 

My opinion is also valid but will be heard by much less than his was.
That doesn't make a difference, hundreds of local fans call up Radio Sheffield all year. Should they not be allowed?

I don't see your point.   I didn't slate him, I merely said I disagree with his point of view because he's never really achieved much in the game either as a player or a coach/scout/manager etc.

No you didn't, you said he'd not achieved enough in the game to 'pass comment' at all, which is different to disagreeing with his actual points. 

In my opinion his worth is about as much as mine because he's not achieved sod all.
That's my opinion also

:stuwinky:Notes have been added

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

If you're coming from a place of ignorance. 

Why what did he say that you didn't agree with? He stated there was no pace in the team, players brought in are not good enough, the team plays on the back foot, we need a left back a holding midfielder and two centre backs. All true.

27 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Literally read none of them, thanks for you input though.   I'm sure someone reads what you write.

Nice valid opinion there, but make sure you keep it off the airwaves. 

I think he has valid points throughout especially taking it to teams...where the fk have our balls gone...we're Sheffield Wednesday ffs...let's get on the front foot... If you score so what we'll score more with the players we have....

I hope Carlos stays but ffs be bold man

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

If you're coming from a place of ignorance. 

Sometimes though you need outsiders to critique from a fresh perspective. 

Can't comment on interview as not heard it but several mates I've taken to games this season have said we are too defensive. 

14 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Hmmm, i think if you think about it,you will know why it made it to "air",they "bbc sheffield" would appear to be wanting opinions from ex pro's,and wednesday ones at that,think its called fanning the flames or summat,because staton can then give credence to an ex pro's opinion,however far from the "truth/facts" they are..........just my opinion like.

May as well have asked Paolo Maldini what he thought of our season. He'll have seen as much of it as Gordon Watson clearly has. 

Gordon Watson - who cares what he thinks. Really! 

Good to see Radio Sheffield sticking the knife in any event. 

Clearly Watson was brought on to talk a load of crap and generate a few headlines, hits on Twitter etc. 

Think they'd love nothing more than for Wednesday to become a "basket case" club. 

Means lots of stories for them. 

It's good to hear someone talk about wednesday without pulling his punches. I agree with much of what he says, although I still feel we had enough to go up even if we haven't recruited well.

Our recruitment has been terrible and seems more guided by money grabbing agents than by a clear plan of what we actually needed.