Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

What does that have to do with anything? I'm just wondering why a Wednesday fan would sign up to a Wednesday forum and constantly post negative drivel about the the club he supports. 

If I rave about Hutton, Mulgrew and Semedo do I become a "True-fan"?

22 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

A player is only worth what someone will pay (like anything really), so if Rovers value him at £750k and no-one is interested, then they'll be stuck with him draining their resources in Division 3.

Suspect the low ball figure is our opener to see where Rovers are at, nothing more. Expect we'll sign him for an undisclosed fee - probably around the £500k which would be reasonable business all round.

They will sell at what they think is a reasonable price. Its not just all aboit the buyer. If we wont pay what they want maybe somebody else will.

17:30

KAMARA HAS FULHAM MEDICAL

Sky sources understand Amiens striker Aboubakar Kamara has had a medical at Fulham today.

The 22-year old was top scorer for Amiens last season as they were promoted to Ligue 1 for the first time.

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

To be fair...

Mbappe

McGugan

Reckon it's only a matter of time before we get the call... 

Why would we want to sell McGugan, with a name like that he must quality for Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

If I rave about Hutton, Mulgrew and Semedo do I become a "True-fan"?

Semedo has left the club not sure why you keep mentioning him. What's your thoughts on us making Jordan Rhodes a permanent player this summer? He wasn't cheap was he. Good singing or not? How about Boyd on a free, excellent piece of business wouldn't you agree? 

Seriously i haven't seen you post 1 single positive thing about the club, and there are plenty of positives to talk about within the last 2 years. 

I expect something negative back from you because your either a pig, or the most depressed miserable Wednesday fan I've ever seen posting lol

Come to think about it, you don't sit infront of me on the kop do you? 

16 minutes ago, billyblack said:

They will sell at what they think is a reasonable price. Its not just all aboit the buyer. If we wont pay what they want maybe somebody else will.

Or they might sell cheaply because 1. He wants out of League One or 2. They need him off the wage bill ASAP.

Sure we valued Glenn Whelan at more than £500k, Lee Grant at more than £1m, etc. but circumstances meant we had to take the best offer on the table at the time.

38 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Carlos saying we couldn't have got Boyd if we had to pay a fee revealed something.

What he said was "we are very happy to have brought in George Boyd. He was a free. If we'd had to pay a transfer fee for George,  it is possible we wouldn't have brought him in"

it also says in the next paragraph "the star understands there is money made available for a transfer kitty".

And the context of the comment was about being sensible with signings.

Note - context, the confirmation straight after that money is available, the use of the word wouldn't rather than couldn't,  and that as a 31 year old footballer, a free signing rather than paying a free was deemed sensible.

Might not be in keeping with your dark cloud mentality, but if you are going to have a moan at least get your facts correct.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

What he said was "we are very happy to have brought in George Boyd. He was a free. If we'd had to pay a transfer fee for George,  it is possible we wouldn't have brought him in"

it also says in the next paragraph "the star understands there is money made available for a transfer kitty".

And the context of the comment was about being sensible with signings.

Note - context, the confirmation straight after that money is available, the use of the word wouldn't rather than couldn't,  and that as a 31 year old footballer, a free signing rather than paying a free was deemed sensible.

Might not be in keeping with your dark cloud mentality, but if you are going to have a moan at least get your facts correct.

I predict our resident Blade will ignore this!! lol

For me we should target one of Bartley, Caulker or Hanley. 

Bartley we should try for a loan to buy option. Caulker we would need to buy, test them with a 4million bid. Hanley will probably be allowed to move on loan near or on deadline day.

Sounds easy but obviously isn't if we've looked at over 200 centre backs lol 

1 hour ago, RichieB said:

Semedo has left the club not sure why you keep mentioning him. What's your thoughts on us making Jordan Rhodes a permanent player this summer? He wasn't cheap was he. Good singing or not? How about Boyd on a free, excellent piece of business wouldn't you agree? 

Seriously i haven't seen you post 1 single positive thing about the club, and there are plenty of positives to talk about within the last 2 years. 

I expect something negative back from you because your either a pig, or the most depressed miserable Wednesday fan I've ever seen posting lol

Come to think about it, you don't sit infront of me on the kop do you? 

Great singing but sadly it's not a flipping karaoke competition. 

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

For me we should target one of Bartley, Caulker or Hanley. 

Bartley we should try for a loan to buy option. Caulker we would need to buy, test them with a 4million bid. Hanley will probably be allowed to move on loan near or on deadline day.

Sounds easy but obviously isn't if we've looked at over 200 centre backs lol 

Caulker has mental health issues, I'd steer clear.

Been thinking about the days when in pre season friendlies we would have a couple of trialists playing, use to enjoy that. Always remember Frankie Simek playing on trial, really liked him at the time. Obviously we are in a much better position now but I use to like it many years ago. 

4 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Caulker has mental health issues, I'd steer clear.

Wow. That's harsh. 

Steven Caulker: ‘I’ve sat here for years hating myself … This year was almost the end’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

For a bit of balance though, our very own sam hutchinson discussing his mental health issues.

Sam Hutchinson: ‘I just wanted to stop the pain and never come back’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/23/sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-chelsea?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard