Box Prices Revealed

Don't you see the link?

all the extra income from increased ticket prices is merely covering the hole left by the loss of corporate customers.

A healthy corporate turnover would make a ticket price reduction more feasible.

Nah. I don't know what you consider a reasonable box price, but even if it's as high as 20,000 and you sell all 30 of them the revenue is only 600k. Which equates to less than one pound per person per match (assuming 27,000 average attendance).

After you take off running costs (marketing, staff, food, etc.) then you're looking at what, perhaps saving 50p a game if all corporate profits are redirected to allowing cheaper standard tickets? 

Guest Deleted member

I don't know enough about corporate prices to have a particularly profound opinion on whether the box prices are high. The hospitality prices for one-off games seems extortionate to me - the Valentine's Day offer was ridiculous - but it's not my cup of char anyway.

What worries me more is ripping up deals and slagging people off - people who have apparently given the club valuable support over the years. Basically the attitude seems to be roger them - we'll ultimately replace them with people with more money. That attitude is reflected in match day ticket prices too - and even the ST prices aren't exactly cheap compared to our peers. 

It doesn't bode well and contributes to my general wariness about how all this will pan out. There's an unecessary aggression and dismissiveness - that's also reflected in the language of a lot of the people who back Chansiri whatever he does or says. 

If we don't go up there will probably be an appeal to our loyalty and talk of the Wednesday "family". But in reality it will all be on His terms. 

You need to come and join the #happy80%

Nah. I don't know what you consider a reasonable box price, but even if it's as high as 20,000 and you sell all 30 of them the revenue is only 600k. Which equates to less than one pound per person per match (assuming 27,000 average attendance).

After you take off running costs (marketing, staff, food, etc.) then you're looking at what, perhaps saving 50p a game if all corporate profits are redirected to allowing cheaper standard tickets? 

They would have practically sold out at £30K which equals £900K.

If they can't run that box and provide food at £30 per head per match £9K they are far more inefficient than any pub, restaurant or hotel I know. £21K x 30 = £630K

Then don't forget the booze they can sell on top at a 60% margin. £100 per box per match x 30 x 23 = £69K

Then on top of that don't forget the 150 people per match that we've lost from Dooleys. Sold at £24K for 10 so £15K margin x 15 = £75K.

The similar amount we've lost from the Sheridan suite.

Plus all of their booze.

Additionally, the vast amount of match ball and match day sponsorships come from these same customers.

So I think I am being extremely conservative if I say that our current policy is costing us £700K of margin per season.

You are also calculating your savings based on 27,000 people when our 20,000+ season ticket holders seem quite happy with their prices. But most people see that the POTG prices seem

a little steep.

I get it mate your unhappy about someone making a commercial decision, so you come on a fans forum ***** and moan about it, the thing you and some other fans need to get your head round is this is Chansiri's club and he will run it how he sees fit so take your money to Villa most of us don't give a roger and I don't think we will see Mr Chansiri's questioning your company business on an internet forum.

As regards your ST why are you bothered if you are still going to every home game.

At the moment the commercial

customers are not and will not be missed one bit and there is no point pretending otherwise.

The time they will be missed is if we are unlucky enough to lose his financial backing and end up in a similar mess to the last 15 years.

Hopefully that will never happen.

Guest Deleted member

They would have practically sold out at £30K which equals £900K.

If they can't run that box and provide food at £30 per head per match £9K they are far more inefficient than any pub, restaurant or hotel I know. £21K x 30 = £630K

Then don't forget the booze they can sell on top at a 60% margin. £100 per box per match x 30 x 23 = £69K

Then on top of that don't forget the 150 people per match that we've lost from Dooleys. Sold at £24K for 10 so £15K margin x 15 = £75K.

The similar amount we've lost from the Sheridan suite.

Plus all of their booze.

Additionally, the vast amount of match ball and match day sponsorships come from these same customers.

So I think I am being extremely conservative if I say that our current policy is costing us £700K of margin per season.

You are also calculating your savings based on 27,000 people when our 20,000+ season ticket holders seem quite happy with their prices. But most people see that the POTG prices seem

a little steep.

You're forgetting the 400 a match in the Grandstand who paid £110 ea for a ticket and a carvery in the Charlton and Springett suites 

That's over £1m in revenue

I don't know enough about corporate prices to have a particularly profound opinion on whether the box prices are high. The hospitality prices for one-off games seems extortionate to me - the Valentine's Day offer was ridiculous - but it's not my cup of char anyway.

What worries me more is ripping up deals and slagging people off - people who have apparently given the club valuable support over the years. Basically the attitude seems to be roger them - we'll ultimately replace them with people with more money. That attitude is reflected in match day ticket prices too - and even the ST prices aren't exactly cheap compared to our peers. 

It doesn't bode well and contributes to my general wariness about how all this will pan out. There's an unecessary aggression and dismissiveness - that's also reflected in the language of a lot of the people who back Chansiri whatever he does or says. 

If we don't go up there will probably be an appeal to our loyalty and talk of the Wednesday "family". But in reality it will all be on His terms. 

A very sensible, sensitive and poigniant post in my humble opinion, this probably cuts through to the crux of the whole ticket / box pricing issue...

You're forgetting the 400 a match in the Grandstand who paid £110 ea for a ticket and a carvery in the Charlton and Springett suites 

That's over £1m in revenue

There's a big difference between revenue and profit though, we don't know what measure or bottom line DC is using, I'm no finance bod but do appreciate there's different measures ie EBITDA, ratios or even the exchange rate between sterling and the Thai bart.. We just don't know what's behind his thinking.

I do think you make a good point though re the 80%...

Because some of us realise that the Chansiri gravy train won't continue indefinitely and we'll still be going decades after he's moved on.

Plus some of us object to other Wednesdayites being treated like bobbar. Especially when they have given a lot of money to support the club through some of its darkest days. A lot of class war in this thread. 

I don't run a business, and so am not trying to attract custom by treating my prospective clients by offering a free day out. I therefore have no interest in purchasing a Hospitality Box. If I wanted to advertise a business, I would place a pitch-side advert, or even one on the large screen. I frequently come across what I would term as possibly fans of football, but certainly not supporter. I know of several who go frequently to matches at Manure or Man City, where even the local supporters have to wait in line to obtain a ST. I don't look for a freebie when I go to watch my beloved Owls, and have a ST of the highest price I can afford that gives me the best view. I fail to see where the cost of a H.S. applies to the average fan.

I have been to a special 'do' in the Springett suite, and I go monthly to W.O.O., and I have never been disappointed with either the food or the service in these restaurants, albeit when the catering had come back 'in house'.

As for the sitting in a Box, the only experience I ever had was an occasion to watch a Test Match at Headingly, where, while the service was first rate, I preferred my experiences of watching from the terraces.

As for the 'empty areas' in the central South stand, could this be in the Directors' Box, where the guests include Visiting Guests  (away Directors), of which, if proportionate to their crowd support, would be very few.

I don't run a business, and so am not trying to attract custom by treating my prospective clients by offering a free day out. I therefore have no interest in purchasing a Hospitality Box. If I wanted to advertise a business, I would place a pitch-side advert, or even one on the large screen. I frequently come across what I would term as possibly fans of football, but certainly not supporter. I know of several who go frequently to matches at Manure or Man City, where even the local supporters have to wait in line to obtain a ST. I don't look for a freebie when I go to watch my beloved Owls, and have a ST of the highest price I can afford that gives me the best view. I fail to see where the cost of a H.S. applies to the average fan.

I have been to a special 'do' in the Springett suite, and I go monthly to W.O.O., and I have never been disappointed with either the food or the service in these restaurants, albeit when the catering had come back 'in house'.

As for the sitting in a Box, the only experience I ever had was an occasion to watch a Test Match at Headingly, where, while the service was first rate, I preferred my experiences of watching from the terraces.

As for the 'empty areas' in the central South stand, could this be in the Directors' Box, where the guests include Visiting Guests  (away Directors), of which, if proportionate to their crowd support, would be very few.

I don't think it's in the director's box. It's the patch of seats next to and slightly above. 

Can't see how zero income from empty boxes is good business.

Its a revenue generating asset standing idle

very strange 

The same can be said of empty seats that people would buy if the ticket prices were reduced . 

Plus some of us object to other Wednesdayites being treated like bobbar. Especially when they have given a lot of money to support the club through some of its darkest days. A lot of class war in this thread. 

spot on mate 

Because some of us realise that the Chansiri gravy train won't continue indefinitely and we'll still be going decades after he's moved on.

We'll? Again It's not your concern what he does with his company I'm there to support the product because I enjoy it and I am quite fond of it, the business side is all his responsibility and I will support his decisions because I am a supporter and he's done nothing to suggest I should distrust him.

It's the crooks who have taken the club for granted for years because they knew the club were desperate that worry me not the multimillionaire who want to give a football club to his children. 

We'll? Again It's not your concern what he does with his company I'm there to support the product because I enjoy it and I am quite fond of it, the business side is all his responsibility and I will support his decisions because I am a supporter and he's done nothing to suggest I should distrust him.

It's the crooks who have taken the club for granted for years because they knew the club were desperate that worry me not the multimillionaire who want to give a football club to his children. 

SWFC

Sheffield Wednesday Football Company

Product? Have a day off, mate. This is a football club, not a washing up powder.