New home shirt

Rickygoo. How can you not trust a chairman who has taken us from near obscurity into a team to be respected, challenging at the right end of the table. The prices were raised to pay for better footballers.  Maybe you'd be happy just plodding along mid table or worse as long as we're in our mostly worn strip of blue & white stripes but I for one am not. And as already been said, the new strip has been worn before. And don't start me on "we were rubbish in that kit" cos didn't we get to Wembley in it ? And I've seen some right rubbish playing in stripes, Chester at home in front of 6000 anyone. He's not changed that much & he's trying to get us to the premier league. Yeah he obviously wants to make money out of it but so what. I still believe he has our interests at heart. Moan moan moan. WAWAW ( arn't we ? )

Not much of a club historian are you.  We played in all white in every game in the '66 cup run.  We won the throw for who got to wear their home kit in the final and still chose to play in the 'lucky white kit'.

As you say Chansiri is a business owner he cares about customers not fans

Which is at the heart of the debate I suspect. He's a business owner. I support a football club. Differences in approach are possible.

He of course has a weight of responsibility on him but some of what he has done makes me uneasy, some I love, some I hate.  I can't give him my unconditional love. Currently that is reserved for Imelda Mae.

lol

It's all about opinions and everyone entitled to them. 

My dad cannot wait for the shirt next season. It's the shirt he saw when he starting watching Wednesday and it's his tradition that style of shirt. 

My tradition growing up is the stripes as this is all I've known us to play in. 

I'm particularly not bothered we have moved away from stripes because through our history we do tend to do this occasionally or I wouldn't be particularly bothered if we kept them. 

We all have different traditions, the club haven't been stripes for all 150 years either, and we all have opinions which should be respected either way if you agree or disagree. 

Which is at the heart of the debate I suspect. He's a business owner. I support a football club. Differences in approach are possible.

He of course has a weight of responsibility on him but some of what he has done makes me uneasy, some I love, some I hate.  I can't give him my unconditional love. Currently that is reserved for Imelda Mae.

lol

But you can to Dave Richards :wacko:

But you can to Dave Richards :wacko:

Christ no. But for a while I did as did many of us. That's my point. Or one of many in a spirited, elegant defence of the club and its traditions.

;-)

Edited by rickygoo

This kitchen sink that owns you is destroying your identity bit by bit, first of all he gets rid of one the most recognisable, simple stylish iconic football crests in the world of football, then he changes from traditional thick blue and white stripes, to blue with white pin stripes, now you've gone for a more traditional Ipswich shirt next season. 

I know all the money being pumped into the club as given you the ability to complete at the right end of the table for the first time in years, but it's coming at a price, it seems to me your selling your soul for a bit of progress, It'll not be long before he's trying to relocate the club and changing its name, you'll be London Wednesday before you know it if you don't take your club back pretty soon. 

'Kitchen sink'?

The reality of it is this...

record shirt sales this season show that the MAJORITY of fans were happy with the change from broad stripes to white pin stripe

Next seasons shirt will break all records for shirt sales again.

Now wether you are for or against this, the facts cant lie

I know 3 fans in the small circle of fans i sit with who bought the shirt and say its not a Wednesday Shirt in that same circle there are 5 fans who would not buy an Ipswich shirt My nephew who has at least 2 shirts a season would not have the Shirt bought for him

I like the shirt its just wrong for Wednesday 

After the euphoria of last season any shirt that wasn't Red would have sold like hot pork pies 

Pigs had opposite to our kit other season

IMG_7449.JPG.45ebc2938452f4ca43c39a6f4b68f16b.JPG

As said previously, this was a copy of a very early Blades kit & the blunts stated it was a one off anniversary kit. The blades got this right.

Chansiri is using our anniversary to continue his desire for an all blue kit.

If a geniune anniversary kit was to be picked, no one in their right mind would pick the Ipswich one. He's clearly playing us for fools, which dislike, as much as the change.

so it's not imperative for you that we play in stripes because you will continue to support us and hope we revert back to stripes

Yes, last year my personal small protest was to purchase the 3rd kit (deliberately released late) for my son. Unfortunately many bought the all blue.

This year my protest will be to not purchase owt from the Owlshop & buy another team's kit.

Some techy on here (who cares), should start a webpage/FB page, titled 'We'reBlue&WhiteStripes' advocating a boycott of the shop & new kit in particular.

No shoes off in car parks, staying classy. A non confrontation protest.

Yes, last year my personal small protest was to purchase the 3rd kit (deliberately released late) for my son. Unfortunately many bought the all blue.

This year my protest will be to not purchase owt from the Owlshop & buy another team's kit.

Some techy on here (who cares), should start a webpage/FB page, titled 'We'reBlue&WhiteStripes' advocating a boycott of the shop & new kit in particular.

The new classy Brian the Balde lol

Edited by Holmes

Good idea. Could also make T-shirts that resemble a proper home shirt and they'd sell bucket loads. :milan:

And the Pig Fans hated it and are now back in Red and White Stripes 

I was thinking that I bet they are glad they went up in a proper kit. 

I've always loved the stripes and how we have treated them - with some exceptions such as the pinstripes and the Pleat Kit. I always liked the fact that we generally treated them with more respect than the pigs did their kit. Look at the BDM footage as an example.

I think they saw themselves as the modern go ahead club in the city after they kicked cricket out and that's how it manifested itself. Just as for us dropping the stripes in the 60s was a modernising thing.  It went on and on for them with buying foreign teams etc.

Now we bastardise our kit and mock them for reasonable ticket prices. They plant their flag and claim to be Sheffield's team. We go after the Thai vote. I think it's a shame. 

I always liked the fact that we generally treated them with more respect than the pigs did their kit. Look at the BDM footage as an example.

They have truly had some abominations down the road.  Indeed, it has always been one of my favourite pastimes to rib a chum of mine mercilessly about the concoctions they have offered their supporters down there over the years.

Until one year.  When they had, I seem to recall, some dreadfully messy diamond print style thing.

I was just about to have a laugh when my friend held up his hand and said quietly, "Please, not this time. It's just too much".

It was an indefensible, and I could see the anguish in my friend.

Of course it sold. No doubt by the bucket load.

I still see the odd one now and again when Stubbs secures the central locking on the car and hare-tails a shortcut through the badlands.