New home shirt

Guest Dingle.

This kitchen sink that owns you is destroying your identity bit by bit, first of all he gets rid of one the most recognisable, simple stylish iconic football crests in the world of football, then he changes from traditional thick blue and white stripes, to blue with white pin stripes, now you've gone for a more traditional Ipswich shirt next season. 

I know all the money being pumped into the club as given you the ability to complete at the right end of the table for the first time in years, but it's coming at a price, it seems to me your selling your soul for a bit of progress, It'll not be long before he's trying to relocate the club and changing its name, you'll be London Wednesday before you know it if you don't take your club back pretty soon. 

This kitchen sink that owns you is destroying your identity bit by bit, first of all he gets rid of one the most recognisable, simple stylish iconic football crests in the world of football, then he changes from traditional thick blue and white stripes, to blue with white pin stripes, now you've gone for a more traditional Ipswich shirt next season. 

I know all the money being pumped into the club as given you the ability to complete at the right end of the table for the first time in years, but it's coming at a price, it seems to me your selling your soul for a bit of progress, It'll not be long before he's trying to relocate the club and changing its name, you'll be London Wednesday before you know it if you don't take your club back pretty soon. 

Jog on

hahaha if anyone needs proof that this is the right move then this is it 

Your post here is quite scaremongeringy as you're predicting bad things to come even though all the chairman has done so far is change the badge to one we've had before and wants to change our kit to one we've had before too (though some will say this season's kit hasn't been done before - I do think this season's kit was to ease supporters into having next season's old kit back).

He's bought a club and prefers the badge and kit its worn in the past, is not a major crime for most supporters.

Of course if he changes the badge to be a red pig and the kit to be red and white stripes, 99% of the fanbase will object. But to say that he's going to do that based on what he's done so far, is not based in any reality in my opinion. But people are entitled to think the worse and I appreciate nothing will change that 

I don't trust him100%.

They upped ticket prices to obscene levels, have treated some long term supporters of the club shabbily, pretended this season's kit was an old one to try and justify it, have plastered the club in His holy name and still haven't achieved what Dave Richards did in the early part of his reign - and we know how that panned out.

So forgive me if I delay the canonisation. I genuinely don't see it as an either/or. There was no need to tamper with the kit - the stripes are a well-established part of our traditions - ask the footballing nation - whatever exceptions people quote on here. 

The pointless kit change because he doesn't like stripes, the My or highway attitude, the weird kit numbers- I always wanted to play Number 9 for Wednesday but never wanted to be a left back - the disgusting prices are all stuff that make me wary.

He's presumably a rich kid who always gets his way using family cash. He has no long term love for the thing he's bought and can shape it as he wants because people are so desperate to see Jonathan Walters wreaking havoc down our left. 

Hes transformed the team and obviously that's a good thing but I am wary of the ultimate destination. Very parochial I know but being big in Thailand is of no consequence whatsoever to me. 

I don't trust him100%.

They upped ticket prices to obscene levels, have treated some long term supporters of the club shabbily, pretended this season's kit was an old one to try and justify it, have plastered the club in His holy name and still haven't achieved what Dave Richards did in the early part of his reign - and we know how that panned out.

So forgive me if I delay the canonisation. I genuinely don't see it as an either/or. There was no need to tamper with the kit - the stripes are a well-established part of our traditions - ask the footballing nation - whatever exceptions people quote on here. 

The pointless kit change because he doesn't like stripes, the My or highway attitude, the weird kit numbers- I always wanted to play Number 9 for Wednesday but never wanted to be a left back - the disgusting prices are all stuff that make me wary.

He's presumably a rich kid who always gets his way using family cash. He has no long term love for the thing he's bought and can shape it as he wants because people are so desperate to see Jonathan Walters wreaking havoc down our left. 

Hes transformed the team and obviously that's a good thing but I am wary of the ultimate destination. Very parochial I know but being big in Thailand is of no consequence whatsoever to me. 

with respect it sounds to me that you're happy for us to plod along in whichever division, if you're arguing with someone that wants us to be as high as possible like me then there are basic differences where the gap cannot be bridged, unfortunately for you the chairman wants us to be as high as possible so things will be done that you're not gonna like.

with respect it sounds to me that you're happy for us to plod along in whichever division, if you're arguing with someone that wants us to be as high as possible like me then there are basic differences where the gap cannot be bridged, unfortunately for you the chairman wants us to be as high as possible so things will be done that you're not gonna like.

But like he just said. It isn't or shouldn't be an either/or scenario.

I don't trust him100%.

Fair enough. All I ask is when the sh*t does hit the fan you let us happy clappers into your bomb shelter

lol

lol I like your tactic if you can't win the argument then start making stuff up.

Just trying to lighten the mood. No-one is going to "win" because we come from different standpoints.

It's what we go to matches for. Deep down I don't worry about what division we are in - some of my best moments watching Wednesday have been in Div 3 and I've been bored sh1tless in the Premier League.  I like the comfort blanket of a sport whose traditions are slowly dying - suffocated by money. I want us to win games - and the logical outcome of that is indeed promotion - but my love of the game and Wednesday run deeper, or differently at least, from that. 

I used to be an avid watcher of all football. Now I hardly ever watch Premier League and never watch Champions League - even though I have BT.

With crowd figures etc i recognise I am in a minority but I don't like the way it's gone and don't like how we are so desperate to join the party we'd probably put up with any old bobbar if He looks like he might get us there. 

Just trying to lighten the mood. No-one is going to "win" because we come from different standpoints.

It's what we go to matches for. Deep down I don't worry about what division we are in - some of my best moments watching Wednesday have been in Div 3 and I've been bored sh1tless in the Premier League.  I like the comfort blanket of a sport whose traditions are slowly dying - suffocated by money. I want us to win games - and the logical outcome of that is indeed promotion - but my love of the game and Wednesday run deeper, or differently at least, from that. 

I used to be an avid watcher of all football. Now I hardly ever watch Premier League and never watch Champions League - even though I have BT.

With crowd figures etc i recognise I am in a minority but I don't like the way it's gone and don't like how we are so desperate to join the party we'd probably put up with any old bobbar if He looks like he might get us there. 

do you even buy the shirt anyway?

do you even buy the shirt anyway?

I have in the past but not for a while because I am a grown man ;-)

I bought a retro 70s shirt from Toffs this year to be contrary. Ironically I have bought the 60s blue Arsenal shirt in the past but actually because it was less of a Wednesday shirt and therefore surprised people. I wore it to play in gigs because it suited a 60s vibe and stripes are very football. 

The mood was always light .... I'm in the same boat as you travelled the length and breadth of the country watching this club of ours.  Pissed up watching some right rubbish, pissed up watching some brilliant stuff in all three divisions.  From my first hero, Jerry Young to FF, love (in a manly sort of way)  every single player who has pulled the blue and white shirt on. 

It's not a question of being desperate it's more fed up of seen the club poorly ran with no foresight or ambition. I want to go to Wembley, I want to dream.

I have in the past but not for a while because I am a grown man ;-)

I bought a retro 70s shirt from Toffs this year to be contrary. Ironically I have bought the 60s blue Arsenal shirt in the past but actually because it was less of a Wednesday shirt and therefore surprised people. I wore it to play in gigs because it suited a 60s vibe and stripes are very football. 

So you're kinda the customer that Chansiri isn't really trying to cater for anyway

Rickygoo. How can you not trust a chairman who has taken us from near obscurity into a team to be respected, challenging at the right end of the table. The prices were raised to pay for better footballers.  Maybe you'd be happy just plodding along mid table or worse as long as we're in our mostly worn strip of blue & white stripes but I for one am not. And as already been said, the new strip has been worn before. And don't start me on "we were rubbish in that kit" cos didn't we get to Wembley in it ? And I've seen some right rubbish playing in stripes, Chester at home in front of 6000 anyone. He's not changed that much & he's trying to get us to the premier league. Yeah he obviously wants to make money out of it but so what. I still believe he has our interests at heart. Moan moan moan. WAWAW ( arn't we ? )

Rickygoo. How can you not trust a chairman who has taken us from near obscurity into a team to be respected, challenging at the right end of the table. The prices were raised to pay for better footballers.  Maybe you'd be happy just plodding along mid table or worse as long as we're in our mostly worn strip of blue & white stripes but I for one am not. And as already been said, the new strip has been worn before. And don't start me on "we were rubbish in that kit" cos didn't we get to Wembley in it ? And I've seen some right rubbish playing in stripes, Chester at home in front of 6000 anyone. He's not changed that much & he's trying to get us to the premier league. Yeah he obviously wants to make money out of it but so what. I still believe he has our interests at heart. Moan moan moan. WAWAW ( arn't we ? )

Chansiri isn't Wednesday no. And as I said - he hadn't achieved a patch on Richards. Still hero worship him?

i support Wednesday not Chansiri 's ego. We'll see how things pan out. 

Oh oh and the lowest crowd was Colchester 6905 and I was there too. My memory may be playing tricks but there was a bus strike as I recall. I don't remember how I got there on a midweek night from Intake but I did. I remember walking home from town though. It's a long hill up to Manor Top! And I've just bought Ipswich tickets so I'm still in the thick of it.

So I've earned my Wednesday spurs too. I just have a different opinion on what the club represents from you.