New home shirt

Nailed  what?  A piece of string with a  jelly hammer? 

This ....."The identity that we all love and will till our dying day is "Sheffield Wednesday" the rest is just dressing ."  is an absolute jargon throw away line that means nothing at all.

The rest of it about the rest of you being able to sell yourselves out, is admittedly on target.

We're more than a Foooking colour scheme for Christ's sake.

We're more than a Foooking colour scheme for Christ's sake.

More than one single thing?

Really?Because according to the post you just liked , plussed and quoted we're nothing more than a name for sale.....  "the rest is just dressing"

Make you minds up chaps, for heavens sake. 

More than one single thing?

Really?Because according to the post you just liked , plussed and quoted we're nothing more than a name for sale.....  "the rest is just dressing"

Make you minds up chaps, for heavens sake. 

My minds made up old chap. I support Sheffield Wednesday football club. I don't care about a pattern on a shirt because it's the CLUB I support, and I want to see them be the the best they can be. If the first chairman we've ever had to seriously invest in us wants to roger stripes off, then so be it.  

My minds made up old chap. I support Sheffield Wednesday football club. I don't care about a pattern on a shirt because it's the CLUB I support, and I want to see them be the the best they can be. If the first chairman we've ever had to seriously invest in us wants to roger stripes off, then so be it.  

Why do you support Sheffield Wednesday? What is it that makes you irrationally support a football club? Would you accept any colour? If all that matters is success why Wednesday? Just curious ;-) 

Why do you support Sheffield Wednesday? What is it that makes you irrationally support a football club? Would you accept any colour? If all that matters is success why Wednesday? Just curious ;-) 

I'm from Sheffield and my family on both sides are Wednesday fans so I had no choice in which club to support.  I'll always prefer to see us in blue and white stripes, black shorts blue socks, as I think that's classic Wednesday, but it's not a big deal to me. 

As long as we don't play in red for obvious reasons and he leaves the name alone I'm good. 

I'm from Sheffield and my family on both sides are Wednesday fans so I had no choice in which club to support.  I'll always prefer to see us in blue and white stripes, black shorts blue socks, as I think that's classic Wednesday, but it's not a big deal to me. 

As long as we don't play in red for obvious reasons and he leaves the name alone I'm good. 

But he will give us promotion so why worry that we'll play in red and called Sheffield City?

What obvious reasons? 

Sheffy yoo nah ted colours init 

I know Shefield United play in red & white as do hundreds of other teams. 

I'm not sure why you think this means we can't wear it.

If it's a trade of between wearing red or Chansiri taking us the premier league, where do you stand?

Surely the glories & monies of the EPL are more important than colour choice?

Edited by zzmdu

Isoriasis i know Shefield United play in red & white as do hundreds of other teams. 

If it's a trade of between wearing red or Chansiri taking us the premier league, where do you stand?

Would you rather keep the stripes or get promotion?

I cletched  Blue & Whites stripes & the name are non negotionables.

However its non sensible because they are not mutually exclusive.

Surely the 3 teams at the top emphasize this.

To up the stakes would you see us go out of business?  If in some far fetched scenario DC said we get rid of the stripes or i  close the club down.

To up the stakes would you see us go out of business?  If in some far fetched scenario DC said we get rid of the stripes or i  close the club down.

It's not far fetched, it's absurd.

A less absurd thing to consider, is to to consider how you would have reacted c2.5 years ago, if a potential buyer had stated he would change our kit to all blue, massively hike match day prices, & alienate just about all our local corporate sponsors - to turn us into play off contenders.

I know Shefield United play in red & white as do hundreds of other teams. 

Football team's home kit colours are based on their club badge colours. I thought most people knew this 

decisions de  not far fetched, it's absurd.

A less absurd thing to consider, is to to consider how you would have reacted c2.5 years ago, if a potential buyer had stated he would change our kit to all blue, massively hike match day prices, & alienate just about all our local corporate sponsors - to turn us into play off contenders.

The club was stagnating limping along going absolutely nowhere.  The club was up for sale not one Wednesday fan was prepared to buy the club.  It took  someone from the otherside of the world to see the potential and he's had to make some harsh descisions, which probably should have been taken years before. I'm sure there will be other harsh decisions to be made.  The club has been woeffully led for decades.  We have someone at the helm who wants to see us compete not just make up the numbers.

Thanks to MM and DC will still have a club to have traditions, if left to Wednesday fans we wouldn't exist but we would have memories of white stripes I guess.