Jonjo shelvey

2 hours ago, clud17 said:

He's right we are not a tremendous side otherwise we would be higher than 6th. We are however a good side with some really handy players and thankfully none of them are major tools like he is.

Spot on. But you don't really have to play tremendously well to beat a one man team like Newcastle (twice) .

A defence like theirs will be slaughtered in the Premier League.

We know we have some limitations in defence (and also midfield at the moment)

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/04/jonjo-shelvey-dont-think-sheffield-wednesday-tremendous-team-newcastle-united/

“In the first half they had a few chances as well but I thought we done enough throughout the game to get the three points".

Good player but a flippingbellend for saying that!.. a few chances... we should have been 3-0 up after 30 mins.

“Yes, we were still comfortable, we started the game really well, passing the ball about.

...... for 5 mins!

Edited by papalazarowl

I'd agree we're not a tremendous side or we'd be challenging for top two. But we're good enough to do the double over his team. But fir him to say they did enough to win is laughable. We should have been 3 up at half time. 

I became less worried about Shelvey as the game went on. Yes he's talented but you know that given the chance he'll shoot which makes him quite predictable. Particularly from free kicks when there are two players stood over the ball - made Westwoods job easier.