Atdhe International Debut Tonight?

I watched the whole game on some foreign live stream (with the sound down, music belting away in the background) and really enjoyed it

I have to say, Kosovo were unlucky to lose

They were playing with confidence and creating a few decent half-chances and then lose the ball in defence, one pass, Sigurdsson shoots, the goalie parries and it's the simplest of tap-ins for 0-1

To then concede a soft but obvious penalty before half time could've been a killer, but they came out second half and looked the better side right up until the last 5mins and injury time when Iceland's experience shone through

Naturally, I was following Atdhe throughout, and I thought he played well

He was all over the pitch, centre midfield, left wing, put in some good defensive headers, tidy footwork, rarely lost possession and scored his goal

He also got nothing from the ref and his frustration was showing, but he kept his head, didn't pick up a booking for dissent or anything and he played the entire game

So all credit to him - well done, Atdhe

"Groundbreaking!!!"

As with many Owls I'm chuffed to bits for Adthe too with this.

Football's great for the wildly differing opinions it generates and you have to respect others

but when it comes down to one of our own, proudly representing their country, and doing 

what they've been picked to do but being slated BEFORE they've even had the chance, well,

I'm afraid that's just sad.

Well done Adthe and Kosovo, just being able to compete at the top level must be unbelievable for them.

9 hours ago, Dot said:

and 2 people neg this

divs

10 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

From what I saw he got nicely airborne, attacked it, headed it downwards and into the bottom corner. Also did a towering defensive header too.

Just remembered he scored a good goal for us against QPR on his debut.

If I was his agent I would only let him sign one game contracts and watch them spiral in value when he becomes a goal per game free agent every week lol

Dot, seeing as you queried why you got negged for saying "well done atty" I am curious as to why you negged me for making a bit of a joke about him scoring debut goals along with complimenting yesterday's goal and his one for us at QPR? Did you misunderstand and think I was criticising him or is it just because I'm not really the comedy genius I think I am?

If you really didn't like what I said no prob just thought it strange that you would neg me when you and I have both been supportive of him in the thread.

1 hour ago, wednesdaywizard said:

highlights.  First ever competitive goal from open play for Kosovo.

Get in, Dave.

You get the 'telescope effect' with these pictures - I think there are better ones to be found elsewhere

What was fascinating though, is the 'Albanian Boss' option that comes up at the end ...

I'm still trying to figure it out

Is it some kind of pre-match/post-match ritual where the team and a selected bunch of 'ultras' get herded into a hall and made to listen to a string quartet-type performance before the drummer whips 'em all into a frenzy?

Beats The Great Escape anyway   :rolleyes:   

10 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Have you read your Anti Carlos posts? 

I have an opinion on a striker that is not good enough for the Championship. Is this a forum or a mob?

They aren't anti Carlos posts , they are anti park the bus in our own box after spending millions on quality players posts ! 

Chuffed for him, hope his family were there to witness what was actually a very creditable performance, yes they lost, but Iceland proved in the euros they're a decent team.

Whatever you might think of his footballing ability, he's an honest lad and gives his all when given a chance.

Well done Atdhe.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

They aren't anti Carlos posts , they are anti park the bus in our own box after spending millions on quality players posts ! 

And then you're fawning over Nuhiu. Sounds all contradictory to me :columbo:

Under Carlos he's had 68 apps and scored 5 goals, 3 of which were in the league. 

3 League goals in 2ys, in which division would you like Wednesday to be in? :columbo:

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign