Atdhe International Debut Tonight?

16 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

My Old Man loves pointing out that Nuhiu never gets anything from refs.

It's actually quite ridiculous sometimes. I don't think you can underestimate how frustrating this must be for him and I think along with the childish "Donkey" slurs, these are the two major factors which affect his confidence

I agree 100%, some of the fouls that have been given against him are amazing. Birmingham away this year Michael Morrison grabbed him round his neck from behind and pulled him down yet the free kick was given for Birmingham.

The one last night was almost as bad, Atdhe was already in the air when the defender backed into him.

We get it, some of you don't like Big Dave. Yeah, he's not good enough for us anymore, but you can't fault his work ethic for us, which is a LOT more than a fair number of players we've had at the club.

But Christ on a bike, how can anyone slag off a man for achieving something that most on here, along with Adthe, will have dreamed of doing since being a young lad. Playing and scoring for your country on your debut and going down in the history books as the first open play goal scorer.

Combined with the hardships that Kosovo have had in the recent past and the hard work that's been done to get them to where they are now, every single person on here should be applauding them all, not just Adthe. To do anything else not only makes me question your status as a fan, but as your quality as a human being. 

Anyway, rant over.

Congratulations Adthe Nuhiu!

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

We get it, some of you don't like Big Dave. Yeah, he's not good enough for us anymore, but you can't fault his work ethic for us, which is a LOT more than a fair number of players we've had at the club.

But Christ on a bike, how can anyone slag off a man for achieving something that most on here, along with Adthe, will have dreamed of doing since being a young lad. Playing and scoring for your country on your debut and going down in the history books as the first open play goal scorer.

Combined with the hardships that Kosovo have had in the recent past and the hard work that's been done to get them to where they are now, every single person on here should be applauding them all, not just Adthe. To do anything else not only makes me question your status as a fan, but as your quality as a human being. 

Anyway, rant over.

You could at least learn how to spell his name lol

9 hours ago, Minton said:

Anyway, rant over.

I like him, he's like a tank battling through players, he's very difficult to play against. Most opposition managers have said the same. Unfortunately his goal return isn't what it perhaps should be. That said, Rhodes and Winnall aren't exactly pulling up trees at the minute. Strikers are not a problem, the service they get it is. If Big Dave got better service who knows what he could do. 

Guest RocketOwl
On 24/03/2017 at 20:34, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

HaHa lolJust saying how it is Willy

Nuihu is not a very good player. Posters saying he's a Legend and getting touchy over his non-goal scoring record is just bizarre

It's not bizzare it's owlstalk.

Same fans that will be saying Rhodes is best striker in league when he has 6 in 100 games.

15 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Absolutely right, I'm interested in past players but certainly wouldn't support them.  Not an issue as much now but I'd certainly get torn when Sheridan and Nilsson were against us in the 90s. I'd be stuck if we played Scotland right now. 

If they play against England I don't care who they are I want them to have a bad game!

Well done big lad .... we must have a helluva team here

as

he doesn't even make the bench sometimes.

Puts into question the reporting that we are not as attractive 

a team compared to last season, and usually the same posters

criticising the big lad.

Well I seem to recall he was an integral part of that amazingly

attractive team last season.

We can't have it both ways.

I hope the hell we keep him .... that enthusiasm and will

( as was seen in the international) just cannot be bought

.... I do not have to name the odd recent expensive purchase

for comparison.

3 hours ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Yeah but if dicanio did that in the picture there would be outrage :ph34r:

:duntmatter:

You're right, but I don't think he meant it like that. I hope not anyway. I just see it as him touching the badge of his homeland and saluting his fellow countrymen. Other posts on here have already articulated the hardships many of them went through. Whatever his performances for us (and I've actually seen him cause some chaos to defences in his time - e.g. Boro away 2 years ago, as well as some not so good) this is what it is, and something that he has my absolute respect for. 

5 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

I like him, he's like a tank battling through players, he's very difficult to play against. Most opposition managers have said the same. Unfortunately his goal return isn't what it perhaps should be. That said, Rhodes and Winnall aren't exactly pulling up trees at the minute. Strikers are not a problem, the service they get it is. If Big Dave got better service who knows what he could do. 

Agreed. The goal he's just scored is a classic example of providing the service to meet a striker's needs. He's about 6 feet 7, get the ball in the area between him and the goalie and let him attack it. Seriously, there are very few defenders in World football who could have prevented him getting to that ball the way it was delivered. The bloke's an absolute beast. 

Edit: in that photo he is clearly waving to the fans whilst touching the badge of the country of his birth. Jesus wept...

Edited by Almat

20 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Theres the thing.

We know exactly what and what he cant do.

And then people come on here just to point this sh@t out and be snidey just to be seen as edgy and clever.

I think that's his major problem nobody knows what he can or cannot do, nor his teammates, or the opposition and above all he doesn't himself.  He can be a pub player in one instance and in very the next be a top class player. 

I'm not snidey, I might be slightly edgy and been called clever shouldn't be seen as an insult, should it?