Time for a change

Just now, daftpenguin said:

Who the fsck starts a thread like this DURING a game?!

Oh there's plenty of them

they sit and HOPE that we slip up

they prey that we dont make the play offs

32 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

In all honesty, I admire your blind faith.

But I'm not convinced the bloke is a born winner. Or, has created a team where a winning attitude is second nature.

We struggle - tempo, taking opportunities, poor work ethic or having a killer instinct. We are predictably rubbish overall.

Too many mediocre performances and wasted chances. Against, in the main, mediocre opposition too.

And, regardless of your blind faith. Most of you know it too.

Can't say he fills me with confidence TBH, regardless of the eventual outcome today.

He doesn't give much added value, for me.

I'm ambivalent - but he doesn't have my unconditional support either.

Have to admit I'm in total agreement with this post.

40 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Yay we haven't had a Carlos out thread from Josh for ages 

The Norwich win distracted us from the fact we're not clicking and playing some dour football for a couple of months. Carlos needs to really address this as weve started losing more than were winning at the moment and our form is looking increasingly patchy. I like Carlos but I'm beginning to see Tactical and strategic holes and the cracks at times have been glaringly obvious for all but Carlos to see. Get em back on track boss 

1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Credit to Carlos but he's taken us as far as he can go.  20 million pound plus strike force and still struggle. 

So the strike force are culpable for:

1) a lack of centre back depth

2) offside goals

3) contentious red cards.

i might make my judgement once we see if we are in play offs or not. Not yet...

1 hour ago, steveger said:

He wont be our coach going into next season no matter where we finish

I can see him walking. Think he's getting more and more disillusioned with the English game. Complaining about the amount of games in quick succession unhappy with referees

9 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

Another lol thread. 

Carlos is completely clueless but we aren't going to sack him at this point 

I hope we sack him straight after the final whistle against Fulham, in fact hope dc does it over the tannoy

Why would you treat him like this? Thankfully Chansiri has more class.

Gave us a great season & trip to Wembley.

1 minute ago, runningaround said:

So the strike force are culpable for:

1) a lack of centre back depth

2) offside goals

3) contentious red cards.

i might make my judgement once we see if we are in play offs or not. Not yet...

In fairness it's not just about today. We haven't played well consistently for some time now but have been scraping wins and while ever those wins were papering over the cracks, I was reluctant to criticise.

The concern for me and many other Wednesday fans was that sooner or later our bad performances would start to reflect in our results.

We have now managed just 1 win in 5, that's poor however anyone tries to dress it up. Going forward and injuries are now starting to build up, had we performed better over these last 5 games perhaps we'd now have a bigger cushion over Fulham and the injuries wouldn't be as costly.

There are plenty of fans who won't criticise Carlos because of last season but if we think like that, we'll never achieve anything. I think some are burying their heads in the sand, over the course of the season given the money he's spent he has underachieved with the players he has. We've been inconsistent, we've been boring and we've been predictable.

Sadly I think we missed our chance, I think he should have gone a month ago, now I'm not sure if making a change will make much difference given we are now in mid March.

Either way, I he'll be gone in the Summer regardless. 

14 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

Another lol thread. 

Carlos is completely clueless but we aren't going to sack him at this point 

I hope we sack him straight after the final whistle against Fulham, in fact hope dc does it over the tannoy

Love that last bit lol Made me howl and cheered me up! lol

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

The bed wetters are out early 

Why is it necessary to resort to name calling, just because some contributors on here have a different opinion from yours?  It's poor conduct and unnecessary.  The whole point of a forum like this is for debate to happen and that means different people have different opinions.  That debate should consist of putting forward your opinion about the subject concerned, not abusing people.

Edited by Kevan