Thoughts

Wouldn't surprise me if DC pulled the plug on CC. Something has to give here, because as it stands this side is not getting promoted, and another few weeks, we won't even be in the playoffs. 

We we are simply not getting the best out of this very expensively assembled squad. No where near. 

Guest mrbluesky
6 minutes ago, Barr Grylls said:

Reach, Fox and Pudil are our choice of LB. I wouldnt have any of them in my pub team!

I wish people would stop looking at our full backs in isolation,it`s the bloody lack of support they are getting, they're going to get beat from time to time while defending it`s having players around you to get out of situations,look at our performances as a collective we are defending so deep the link up to midfield is not there and we are defending way more than last season.

If you really want someone in defence blame Sasso.

Seemed to get like loads of free kicks in good areas and just nothing as usual came of them, same with corners. Leeds were poor I expected them to be in our faces more, we were comfortable but again no killer instinct, we are too nice, tippy tappy, side to side, I was upbeat about the playoffs now it's 50/50 whether we get in top 6.

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wouldn't surprise me if DC pulled the plug on CC. Something has to give here, because as it stands this side is not getting promoted, and another few weeks, we won't even be in the playoffs. 

We we are simply not getting the best out of this very expensively assembled squad. No where near. 

Bang on. Keith Andrews just nailed this point on Sky too. 

I only blame CC. 

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think the possibility is on the agenda now, at the very least.  Sadly.

He seems to be fundamentally misreading how effective our style was last year.  Often hear him say things like "we'd have lost that game last season" when we have eked out a 1-goal victory over some average side.  Maybe we did chuck the odd game away last season, but how many did we grab by the scruff of the neck by playing with some intent.  I'd argue our style last year was responsible for us turning more games in our favour than not.

Sure teams are setting out different against us, but so what, we need to be good enough to counter that - and we should be with our squad.  Big questions for him now, but this (whatever it is) can't continue.  He needs to hope that he hasn't 'infected' (for want of a better word) the squad with the laborious style we've adopted.

Guest BULGARIA
35 minutes ago, vulva said:

Thoughts?

Weve wasted millions, and we've been garbage for most part of this season. 

Sounds spot on.

Some honesty at last regarding opinions about Wednesday. If CC had spent half as much on the defence as he has on toothless strikers we'd be ok.Again we've conceded not under pressure. The Brentford result could have been Birmingham or Blackburn. Substitutions are baffling. Poor Winall feel for him. Reach Sasso5n Fletcher wouldn't feature again for me 

In isolation, that wasn't too bad of a performance, there was nothing in he game. Tuesday night was

more scandalous and the two games back to back  I think has caused people's frustrations and rightly so. 

Genuinely think we have a squad capable of being much closer to the top 2,

but Carlos' negativity this season has been the issue. 

Lee is a massive loss to us, but we can't just collapse because of it - CC needs to find a new way of playing that works - that gets the best out of our players.

Keith Andrews just nailed it - we've seen us play exactly the same way for ages - game in game out we're the same and rely on a piece of luck or moment of excellence to get anything  - the needle swings left and right - sometimes that will swing our way by nature of odds, but often it won't - we're not forcing the needle enough in the our direction so unsurprisingly we're just not convincing enough to even win games in the playoffs even if we do get there.

We have not been convincing in any game this season. We rode our luck for 5/6 weeks after xmas, the luck has gone and we will be lucky to make the play offs. The teams behind us namely Fulham and Norwich are better attacking sides than us. Thats not down to the players its down to the tactics. We have bought loads of quality attacking players yet play a very defensive game, that to me makes no sense whatsoever. As much as CC is a very likeable guy he is digging his own grave and unless he changes it fast I'm afraid he will be gone.

To slow to start games. Only seem to get going in the second half. 

Frustratingly sticking to the same tactics. We have no pace to play on the counter attack or defend a counter attack.

A few players seem to be "undroppable" and I'm not sure why? 

I fear if Carlos carries on like this we will not make the playoffs and Carlos will be out of a job...and will only have himself to blame. 

52 minutes ago, 3mps said:

We miss lee and lees so much.

Reach shouldn't be starting.

Mcmanaman should be starting.

We don't look anything like we did last season going forward with our fast tempo and crisp passing

We'd get beat by last years team 9 times out of 10.

Hes got such a big squad now and doesn't know where or who to play them. 

Fessi was our best player last year on the left then we go and spend £5m on a left winger. After signing winall we have 4 quality strikers, lack of defenders and we go and sign Rhodes.  

Cant blame DC he's doing all he can