Thoughts

1 hour ago, gingerknob1 said:

Where to start 

Leeds are awful but we are toothless, Carlos needs to decide his best team,it's like we have too many good individuals and he throws them in at 3pm on a match day and see what happens 

This is what I think, it's ok having 2 for every position but you have to decide who is number one and who is back-up. It appears CC doesn't know who is his best in some of the positions so sticks to his favourites. Just let the team play how we know they can and see where it takes us, I'm sure we would be happier with good football rather than the posh served up at the minute. We have one of the best forwards outside the Prem in Rhodes, we have another super player who is hungry and fights for the ball in Winnal, we have a player who played in 32 Prem games last season, we have the best keeper in this division, we have one of the best midfielders in Hutch and a super talent in Fessi yet we look so lethargic and void of any attacking ideas. It's time to unleash the players and go for it, it's got to be better than what we are being served at the minute. Come on Carlos, let them play.

I am grateful for what Carlos has done for us like Megson, Jones and Gray beforehand. We've gone forward under the last four managers/head coaches and that in all honesty is a very rare feat in modern day football. Carlos could still progress us further but I feel he's bogged himself down a little with a pragmatic approach as did Gray before him. Gray may have had an excuse, Carlos unfortunately for him doesn't. There is still time for him to release the handbrake that has been on for most of the season but in order to do this he firstly has to Reach for it and let it go. If he does this then who knows how we'll finish, if he doesn't, we've all got a fair idea how we will?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Feel very low at the moment lowest felt all season. Even though we are in a good position our expectations are high after buying Rhodes especially. Don't want Carlos to go would hate to play against one of his teams he is a technical genius. But something is not right. Can see if we play Leeds in playoff we will beat them and look back on this game and say it was the plan. Defence needs strentghening and a Sheridan in midfield.

Just now, Half time Bovril said:

Feel very low at the moment lowest felt all season. Even though we are in a good position our expectations are high after buying Rhodes especially. Don't want Carlos to go would hate to play against one of his teams he is a technical genius. But something is not right. Can see if we play Leeds in playoff we will beat them and look back on this game and say it was the plan. Defence needs strentghening and a Sheridan in midfield.

WTF:

A man who doesn't know his best 11, regularly plays players out of position, makes baffling subs and has no real plan B to revert to when needed.

Sasso should of been tight on c wood and never duck when heading. Blast the ball when taking pens. These 2 mistakes where critical in the game different story otherwise. So annoyed !

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

WTF:

A man who doesn't know his best 11, regularly plays players out of position, makes baffling subs and has no real plan B to revert to when needed.

Yes he is. Lot better than you so ner. How do you know he doesn't know his best 11?  He plays players in positions against opposition to suit. 

2 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Sadly we are a collection of individuals and not a team. 

We could carry on buying and buying but if CC can't get them to play as a team wouldn't matter who we bought. 

Neither team on that display is good enough. 

Have to agree . It was a poor game between two average teams .

Just now, Half time Bovril said:

Yes he is. Lot better than you so ner. How do you know he doesn't know his best 11?  He plays players in positions against opposition to suit. 

We are changing our 11 week in week out. There is no settled consistency. After the Birmingham game he said how Rhodes and Winnall will come good together, he hasn't started them together since. 

too much change for cange it sake for me a settled side is the way to go , the players get to know each other and what they can do together  keep changing the team on a weekly basis never works well not in my experience anyway ,winnall and rhodes looked like the pairing could blossom ,then it was changed  why i don't know but there we go ,and that is just one instance ,can't understand this rotation buisiness never liked it to be honest ,

Edited by trevdi9

Guest The Horse

Truth is, the slow starts were still a problem last year. 

Why Carlos doesn't unleash the fireower of this potentially devastating squad is the biggest question that our local reporters need to ask. 

I want to understand. 

I think we all, like a jilted lover, just want to know why..?

We are awful .

We should be battling with Brighton for autos but instead we are clinging onto 6th and looking over our shoulders at Norwich and Fulham. 

Leeds are average at best and in the middle of a poorish run and we start the game slow again and look like we can't get out of second  gear.

It's not what I want to watch and it's certainly not the way I like to see us scrape a win .

Carlos has damaged this squad this year with some of the signings and more importantly his tactics .