what my Villa mate said about Bannan.

51 minutes ago, BIG D said:

If we had moved Bannan into the middle last night at half time then with the increased tempo we might have turned that around. Wednesday were dominating possession and that's when BB is at his best seeing plenty of the ball with plenty of options esp with Macmanaman on the pitch. How fans can write him off after last season is beyond me. 

I agree totally. When we play at tempo and dominate, Bannan controls the game superbly, mixing short and long passes, feeding the two wide men.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

You really are a sensitive soul at times. 

You make a point of singling out players/managers time and time again. 

Since last night's defeat you've basically called for CC's head (if we don't get promoted) and declared that Loovens isn't good enough. 

Previously you've slated Hooper and started or contributed to 900 plus threads about Nuhiu. 

Don't try and compare me criticising Bannan to your sustained, endless campaign of negativity. 

Stalker alert...

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, zzmdu said:

So you think Bannan is useless!

One loss, after 4 wins, and you're calling our players useless.

Thats rich .

You have started a thread today saying Carlos is useless after one loss after four wins. :picnic:

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

This is all preposterous hindsight fookwhittery isn't it?...Why didn't all this "Villa" mate stuff come out before Bannan had a dip in form...?...baffling eh?

All of a sudden every f.ooker has a Villa mate who told them EXACTLY what was going to happen?...absolute sheeite

Don't usually do this, but I have to reply to this sort of response.

is it beyond the realms of possibility that me and one other have a Villa supporting mate, who has an opinion on a player other than your own?

that's 2 of us. Not 'every f.ooker'

why would either of us have brought this up when we were all up BB's arse last year and responding to mate's jealousy about a player they let go. The point is that they were bloody well right. 

like the word fookwhittery, though but. 

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Players can go through good form and bad form. 

Most Villa fans know jack about football. Bannan has been excellent for us and a big part of heat we are trying to do. He doesn't always play well when shoved out wide. 

I dont disagree he needs a rest but Im surprised I got about 1000 negs for stating I was concerned about Sasso yet you get positives for slating one of our best players. It's a funny forum this.

Seem to recall Bannan being absolutely immense away at Brighton and getting MOM away at Wigan. 

Maybe if if some of you looked more closely at our tactics you would see most of the time poor Bannan is left all alone in midfield because of how Sammy H is told to play - that is more likely the reason for his dip in form as well as when played out wide at home.

Some of you have short memories he's done nothing but play to his best for us. Like Wallace, even when they are off form you have to respect them as they still do their best and try to make things happen. They always look for the ball and the two guys you have slated will probably start any playoff semi as when on form they are still two of our better players.

Don't usually do this, but I have to reply to this sort of response

2 things,

you and I might not like them as a club or fanbase, but to blanket most villa fans as knowing jack about football is degrading at the best. European cup winners and many years in the top division is not to be sniffed at.

secondly, I agree that Carlos will pick them both in the play offs, I hope we bloody well win them.   

1 minute ago, peacock1961 said:

2 things,

you and I might not like them as a club or fanbase, but to blanket most villa fans as knowing jack about football is degrading at the best. European cup winners and many years in the top division is not to be sniffed at.

secondly, I agree that Carlos will pick them both in the play offs, I hope we bloody well win them.   

How does Villa being a relatively successful club make their fans more intelligent?

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I don't see much problem with him specifically. He's given the odd ball away like all of the team...and one thing you should know now is that tackling and shooting is not his game.

reminds me of what George Best said about Beckham. Pray tell me what attributes a decent footballer needs apart from tackling and shooting? Teamship maybe, heading, maybe pace, strength, leadership. yep he's got the lot.

4 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Last year when I was lauding him about how good Bannan was and how they must have been mad to get rid of him, he said wait til next year when he starts believing his own publicity and thinking he's a cross between scholes and gerrard and not accepting responsibility for mistakes. Hate to say it but he was right, I've noticed him blaming anyone but himself and Reach appears to be his main target he was up to it again last night. I'm afraid he needs to have a rest with Wallace and get the new blood in. Otherwise what was the point of buying Abdi and loaning MacManaman?

So no evidence whatsoever that Bannan actually thinks this.  But because some Brummie mate make's a ridiculous claim it must be right??? 

How does your Brummie mate read minds?

Christ some of the stuff on here - more of us should be writing for soaps.

Bannan is a quality player, an important member of our squad. He provides assists. Yes he needs competition for his place, as does everyone. If he loses out to Abdi or Lee now and then and we get a result - great.

But come on - don't hang him out to dry - the lad wants the ball ALL THE TIME! His attitude shouldn't be questioned. Yes, he may go deep for the ball too much sometimes but the centre halves don't HAVE to pass to him.

I feel the lad is getting scapegoated by some. Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

"A handful of assists and goals" from Wallace.

That's gold-dust in this team! 

He he can and does take on defenders, but it's crystal clear he has been told to play narrow. If he had been instructed to hug the line and take men on, he would have been dropped.

As I said, diametrically opposite views! 

Guest RocketOwl
18 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

2 things,

Apologies to any Villa fans who may have been caused any distress from my comments.

some of you need to re-read my post. I am not castigating Bannan as a footballer, or saying he is crap, or saying he is to blame for our dire first half performances. What i'm trying to hint at is that I've noticed traits in him that a mate of mine alluded too.

if any of you have played any team sport you know that there is always a bertie big rounduns that does no wrong and who slags off his junior or new team mates, rather than encouraging them. That's fine and dandy when they're on top of their game and starman week in week out, but at the moment he's not. A bit of humility in the lad's game and he might have been a top class player. But he's not and my fear is that he is affecting the progress of Reach and others and is adversely affecting team spirit.

FF on the other hand is a greedy fekker, who must pee off his team mates in better positions, but he gets away with it because he delivers time after time, just like the one last night.