what my Villa mate said about Bannan.

Read my post's and you're see not many on here rate Bannan as much as I do. But I think he may be believing his own hype and he has become accustom to thinking that everything needs to go through him or unless he is on the ball we can't produce.

Sometimes he may have a point.

Needs to be on the bench next game like Forestieri was, if only for a rest if nothing else.

Good players show their good players when the manager questions them.

Don't write Bannan off just yet  

21 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You really are a sensitive soul at times. 

You make a point of singling out players/managers time and time again. 

Since last night's defeat you've basically called for CC's head (if we don't get promoted) and declared that Loovens isn't good enough. 

Previously you've slated Hooper and started or contributed to 900 plus threads about Nuhiu. 

Don't try and compare me criticising Bannan to your sustained, endless campaign of negativity. 

I'm pulling your plonker, surely u can see this. Lighten up FFS!

I was pretending to be you!

Edited by zzmdu

Funny that. I lived in Birmingham until 2012 and he was worshipped by the Villa fans I knew back then. Were gutted when he left. 

Still, it's easy to slate a player after they've left a club. Especially when your own club falls to pieces not long after. Smells of jealousy. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, peacock1961 said:

Last year when I was lauding him about how good Bannan was and how they must have been mad to get rid of him, he said wait til next year when he starts believing his own publicity and thinking he's a cross between scholes and gerrard and not accepting responsibility for mistakes. Hate to say it but he was right, I've noticed him blaming anyone but himself and Reach appears to be his main target he was up to it again last night. I'm afraid he needs to have a rest with Wallace and get the new blood in. Otherwise what was the point of buying Abdi and loaning MacManaman?

Players can go through good form and bad form. 

Most Villa fans know jack about football. Bannan has been excellent for us and a big part of heat we are trying to do. He doesn't always play well when shoved out wide. 

I dont disagree he needs a rest but Im surprised I got about 1000 negs for stating I was concerned about Sasso yet you get positives for slating one of our best players. It's a funny forum this.

Seem to recall Bannan being absolutely immense away at Brighton and getting MOM away at Wigan. 

Maybe if if some of you looked more closely at our tactics you would see most of the time poor Bannan is left all alone in midfield because of how Sammy H is told to play - that is more likely the reason for his dip in form as well as when played out wide at home.

Some of you have short memories he's done nothing but play to his best for us. Like Wallace, even when they are off form you have to respect them as they still do their best and try to make things happen. They always look for the ball and the two guys you have slated will probably start any playoff semi as when on form they are still two of our better players.

If we had moved Bannan into the middle last night at half time then with the increased tempo we might have turned that around. Wednesday were dominating possession and that's when BB is at his best seeing plenty of the ball with plenty of options esp with Macmanaman on the pitch. How fans can write him off after last season is beyond me. 

Guest RocketOwl
7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

If we had moved Bannan into the middle last night at half time then with the increased tempo we might have turned that around. Wednesday were dominating possession and that's when BB is at his best seeing plenty of the ball with plenty of options esp with Macmanaman on the pitch. How fans can write him off after last season is beyond me. 

I don't think they are mate.

owlstalk probably represents 1% of our fan base when you see how many users compared to attendances.

The fans that attend will be fully behind Bannan no doubts about that.

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I don't think they are mate.

owlstalk probably represents 1% of our fan base when you see how many users compared to attendances.

The fans that attend will be fully behind Bannan no doubts about that.

And there you have it.....

Theres loads of opinion on here, and its a fair enough forum, but don't ever think its peopled by football experts, or f.ookin' tactical technicians, its peopled by kneejerk fans like meself....who post the same tat as we shout each week,...well...those that actually see the games do...

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Theres loads of opinion on here, and its a fair enough forum, but don't ever think its peopled by football experts, or f.ookin' tactical technicians, its peopled by kneejerk fans like meself....who post the same tat as we shout each week,...well...those that actually see the games do...

It's easy to think that what is said on here is the overall opinion but it's not when you do the figures.

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

the difference Andy is that you do go to the matches...the vast majority on here slate the players based on the SKY highlights or the highligts on WW...personally I never comment on performances by the players if I haven't been

My take is that he's not at his best at the minute but that's not to say he's become a bad player . For me the formation and tactics are to blame , SH is supposed to be centre mid with BB but for most part is a 3rd centre half , which gets me to my next point. 442 is out dated these days, how many of the teams above us play 442 ? I'd be surprised if we're not alone in using that system . We have the players to play 352 perfectly. Hunt and Reach as wing backs or Mcmanaman . That leaves BB to play further forward and thread nice little passes to FF JR SW . We may even get some actual quality balls into the box for 2 of the best finishers in the championship, look at the goals Rhodes and Winnall have scored previously. They must be thinking at the minute " why the #### have I come to play here "

Guest Copthorneowl

Good points made about the opinions on OT and there relationship to ALL our fans. I think they are a tiny tiny representation, although having said that people who generally sign up to a written forum tend to think they have something important to say - we all do at times.

As ever a bad defeat has awoken the slumbering keyboard warriors and sadly its owl against owl if opinions differ.

Fwiw I also think Bazza needs a rest based on both performance and fitness, and the guy earlier that said he'd noticed certain players actually and often avoiding passing to some players in good positions is definitely not wrong if you watch closely. The team spirit we had last year might not be at the same level but then that's normal in big squads where good players warm the bench more than others.

I love Carlos but think he's got to be more evenhanded with his picks; leaving CM out for other than 5/10 minute cameos is no good imo. I hope we see a fit Abdi for Leeds and our loan man in the starting 11.

2 hours ago, Doctor John said:

Spot on. I've said that if CC persists in fielding Bannan and Wallace it will cost us a play-off place; the former hasn't delivered this season and - aside from a handful of assists and goals - the latter has been ineffectual - his inability to take on defenders and tackle back is embarrassing. But for CC and some supporters, these two are sacred cows, and I suppose one of the great things about the game is how we can reach diametrically opposite views about things!

"A handful of assists and goals" from Wallace.

That's gold-dust in this team! 

He he can and does take on defenders, but it's crystal clear he has been told to play narrow. If he had been instructed to hug the line and take men on, he would have been dropped.