what my Villa mate said about Bannan.

Ive said this before but Bannan has gone from being overrated to underrated in the space of half a season.

The only difference in his effectiveness  is that last season he scored more goals therefore in the terms of some on this site he was deemed playing better.

Some joker said earlier in the post that Lee upped his game after starting the season badly! Bet that was when he scored the later winners eh mate.

Wallace was out on his arss for good. Then he scored three in four all of a sudden hes our most underrated player.

If Bannan scores a couple of worldies he will be declared to be  'back on form' by the tactical geniuses on here.

Fortunately managers watch the whole game, positioning, responding to pressure etc.

Oh and Rhodes hasnt scored in a few now. Clearly hes out of form. 

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 19:05, biglad75 said:

My take is that he's not at his best at the minute but that's not to say he's become a bad player . For me the formation and tactics are to blame , SH is supposed to be centre mid with BB but for most part is a 3rd centre half , which gets me to my next point. 442 is out dated these days, how many of the teams above us play 442 ? I'd be surprised if we're not alone in using that system . We have the players to play 352 perfectly. Hunt and Reach as wing backs or Mcmanaman . That leaves BB to play further forward and thread nice little passes to FF JR SW . We may even get some actual quality balls into the box for 2 of the best finishers in the championship, look at the goals Rhodes and Winnall have scored previously. They must be thinking at the minute " why the #### have I come to play here "

Can't argue with any of that. I'd love us to play 352. We've also got Buckley in the squad who is a good WB. I'd even say Reach could play as a WB. Our full backs are practically WB anyway cos our wingers always drift to the middle 

Guest wilyfox

He's a cracking player not at his best. Same could be said for several in our squad. But, form is temporary. I'm sure Bazza will bounce back, and we do have other quality options in the meantime. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He's a cracking player not at his best. Same could be said for several in our squad. But, form is temporary. I'm sure Bazza will bounce back, and we do have other quality options in the meantime. 

You are right. It's not just him. So many players seem to be playing ultra-cautious.

Hutch is 10 yards at least deeper than a CM should be.

Bannan, Reach, Abdi and Wallace first move is a stop and shift backwards.

Almost no-one takes their man on.

Other than being a tad lightweight and trying to play Hollywood balls hes incapable of playing every now and then hes a useful player.

His most complete performance of the season for me was against Newcastle on Boxing Day,l. In that game he moved the ball quickly, his movement was good and he made the right decisions with his passing for the full 90 minutes, be it a 20 yard through ball or a simple 7 yard pass sideways. 

If he replicated that level of performance every game he'd easily be one of our best players.

Interesringly one of the main points of Carlos' presser right now is that the fans need to stop slagging off player"s" that have been perfoming admirably as though they've done something wrong, when they've in fact performed very well and been very influential this season. One player sprang to mind when he said this and low and behold I find this thread.

Edited by NOT Tom Fisher

3 minutes ago, NOT Tom Fisher said:

Interesringly one of the main points of Carlos' presser right now is that the fans need to stop slagging off player"s" that have been perfoming admirably as though they've done something wrong, when they've in fact performed very well and been very influential this season. One player sprang to mind when he said this and low and behold I find this thread.

Was just going to post this.. 

Mentions hes spoken to a couple of players low on confidence and mentions they are nearer to social media..

Bannan obviously and who, Hunt? His confidence clearly took a massive hit early on in the season and its only last few games he seems to have recovered somewhat

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Was just going to post this.. 

Mentions hes spoken to a couple of players low on confidence and mentions they are nearer to social media..

Bannan obviously and who, Hunt? His confidence clearly took a massive hit early on in the season and its only last few games he seems to have recovered somewhat

My thought for the second player would be Hunt, Wallace or Pudil, but I think the latter of the three has definitely been on worse form

Bannan is playing too deep. 12-15 months ago, when at his best, he was playing 20 yards further forward and playing neat one-twos and jinking dribbles. Now he is trying to play a quarter back style game.

Either this is under instruction from Carlos or he has taken it upon himself to imagine he is Pirlo. If it's the former then Carlos is to blame. The latter then Bannan wants dropping. In neither circumstance should he be playing left wing.

13 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Bannan is playing too deep. 12-15 months ago, when at his best, he was playing 20 yards further forward and playing neat one-twos and jinking dribbles. Now he is trying to play a quarter back style game.

Either this is under instruction from Carlos or he has taken it upon himself to imagine he is Pirlo. If it's the former then Carlos is to blame. The latter then Bannan wants dropping. In neither circumstance should he be playing left wing.

my thoughts entirely

36 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Agreed and I also don't think a Hutch & Bannan partnership offers enough as a central 2. When we have Lee playing we have much more energy and presence and also the goal scoring threat he brings. As a central 3 I think they would be great as you would pretty much cover all bases. 

3 hours ago, NOT Tom Fisher said:

My thought for the second player would be Hunt, Wallace or Pudil, but I think the latter of the three has definitely been on worse form

Possibly Palmer he gets tons of abuse from his own "fans" on twitter.

16 hours ago, Minton said:

It's just a perception.

We're 5th in the table for both accurate passes and total possession. 51.8% total possession and 77.8% accurate passes this season.

Only Fulham, Reading, Huddersfield and Newcastle rank above us. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11673/10776733/jaap-stams-reading-aiming-to-pass-their-way-into-the-premier-league

Just read that, Thanks its very interesting.

Do you know what or where I can see the stats for the Brentford game because it was that in isolation that I was referring to.

I do overall take the positive view. Many fans and I suppose I am one, want to go to a game where we are easily the best team and have a comfortable win without  biting fingernails to the quick. Just seems quite a while since we had one of those.

13 hours ago, Warnocchio said:

Ive said this before but Bannan has gone from being overrated to underrated in the space of half a season.

The only difference in his effectiveness  is that last season he scored more goals therefore in the terms of some on this site he was deemed playing better.

Some joker said earlier in the post that Lee upped his game after starting the season badly! Bet that was when he scored the later winners eh mate.

Wallace was out on his arss for good. Then he scored three in four all of a sudden hes our most underrated player.

If Bannan scores a couple of worldies he will be declared to be  'back on form' by the tactical geniuses on here.

Fortunately managers watch the whole game, positioning, responding to pressure etc.

Oh and Rhodes hasnt scored in a few now. Clearly hes out of form. 

last season he scored 2 goals,this season he's scored 1 .

so saying bannan goal scoring is effective is laughable