Post a personal Wednesday related photo

My Mrs, who 10 years ago hated anything to do with football.  She's now a season ticket holder and been to about 20 away grounds.

She's still not a big fan of football, but loves everything Wednesday which is fine by me!

thumb_IMG_1781_1024.jpg

Just not bothered...

6 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

My Mrs, who 10 years ago hated anything to do with football.  She's now a season ticket holder and been to about 20 away grounds.

She's still not a big fan of football, but loves everything Wednesday which is fine by me!

thumb_IMG_1781_1024.jpg

see you soon

1 minute ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

This was taken a few years ago at Forest when Reda sat in the crowd. 

I asked him for a picture and assumed he'd bend down, but he scooped her up instead.

i looked down and he had a massive bloody walking boot on his injured foot.

Boooooo I want to see Reda

4 minutes ago, Chilli said:

My god, I've just dug this out from our trip to Spora Luxemburg in 1992. That's me on the left with me muck star tache (mind you all 3 of us had one :blush:)

_20170502_220344.JPG

I love how the only other word on that photo is 'arrested'. lol

Bit late in the day to go and plus all of these, however...

After Sunday, I will have photos of myself and BabyAussie (now 3) after she has attended her first game.

Been moaning at me all week that she wants to go and see Barry Bannan at Sheffield Wednesday...

Until then, this was me aged 6/7 in 93/94 in what I believe was the 3rd choice keeper kit at the time...

299821_10150389630244738_1528188436_n.jpg

316148_10150389630049738_616087260_n.jpg

On 28th Dec 1974 we were more than a little lucky to come away from Southampton with a 1-0 league win courtesy of a Eric Potts goal.

293661_2592407489121_1222657622_33145911_343111509_n.jpg.ba1250ba42072d74999f851073c9d770.jpg This Lad was there to witness it. He is the famous Sammy who 'would walk a million miles for one of our goals...SAMMEE '

As far as the League was concerned not only couldn't we win away our games only rarely produced a goal for us to cheer. Strange thin was though as our home crowds dwindled, our away following grew as no one wanted to miss that elusive away win. So it was nearly two years later and Sammy not having missed an away fixture, that he with about 2,000 other Owls turned up at Reading. Wednesday were attacking the goal where all the Owls were congregated, the ball fell to

Jeff Johnson who swept it into the net. After all the celebrations, I looked up Sammy was holding onto Jeff Johnson and three stewards were holding onto Sammy.

To his credit Jeff Johnson tried to talk the stewards into returning Sammy to the terrace. The stewards were having none of it and turfed him out. So he missed our victory celebrations. He didn't have so long to wait this time though, we won our next game away just 3 weeks later at Bury.

I won't forget Sammy !