Rhodes on Rhodes

Star article by dad on Jordan. Nice read.

https://t.co/CxaGSQxQ41

Andy said: “The people who are close to Jordan know he loves Sheffield Wednesday and always has done. He has come to quite a few of games as a fan so he obviously really wanted the move to happen when the opportunity was brought up.

“I thought it would happen one day. Did I think it would happen this window? I didn’t know. I was a bit nervous.”

Jordan will be a legend here. Christ, he already was for two years before he signed.

lol

Give him time and he'll bleed our colours. I was slightly cynical about the outlay, given how good we know Hooper et al can be, but I dunno - something just clicked when I saw him interviewed, looked a bit more into his past interest in the club, etc etc.

Haven't felt a signing was so inherently *right* for us in years, and that's no disrespect at all to the many players who've arrived in the past 2-3 years and been consistently brilliant. They've been wonderful surprises; this one somehow seems carved in stone.

Edited by Mr. Tom

5 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Jordan will be a legend here. Christ, he already was for two years before he signed. Give him time and he'll bleed our colours. I was slightly cynical about the outlay given how good we know Hooper et al can be but something clicked when I saw him interviewed. Haven't felt a signing was so inherently *right* for us in years, and that's no disrespect at all to the many players who've arrived in the past 2-3 years and been consistently brilliant.

This. 

May aswell give him Harry Kane's song too.

Jordan Rhodes, he's one of our own.

Edited by pazowl55

7 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Jordan will be a legend here. Christ, he already was for two years before he signed.

lol

Give him time and he'll bleed our colours. I was slightly cynical about the outlay, given how good we know Hooper et al can be, but I dunno - something just clicked when I saw him interviewed, looked a bit more into his past interest in the club, etc etc.

Haven't felt a signing was so inherently *right* for us in years, and that's no disrespect at all to the many players who've arrived in the past 2-3 years and been consistently brilliant. They've been wonderful surprises; this one somehow seems carved in stone.

I felt the same way watching the interview, it some how felt like he'd come home, he's waited for Wednesday because he wants to be here, it really made me smile watching it.

The main thing I got out of that article was what a top Dad Andy Rhodes is.

Said how proud he was of all his kids, not just Jordan.

Then in his newspaper interview, Jack Hunt says what a lovely bloke Jordan Rhodes is, doesn't even swear.

Top parenting Daddy Rhodes. Mrs Rhodes must've thought you were a keeper.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Then in his newspaper interview, Jack Hunt says what a lovely bloke Jordan Rhodes is, doesn't even swear.

When you see him in interviews, Jordan comes across as being almost too nice to be a footballer. 

He's a breath of fresh air.

3 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Does anyone know where JR's affinity with us comes from?

He's a Yorkshire lad, right? Did he support us as a kid?

Guess he's been brought up in South Yorkshire with his Dad being ex-Donny and Barnsley, and his Uncle (Steve Agnew) being ex-Barnsley too, so was probably always aware of us being the biggest club in the regiion, and is probably the reason for the interest. Only guessing though.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Smashing pun work, sir.

5 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Does anyone know where JR's affinity with us comes from?

He's a Yorkshire lad, right? Did he support us as a kid?

Been wondering this also. JR was already a professional footballer at Huddersfield by the time his dad joined us a goalkeeping coach.

And before that they were down in Ipswich together. Still, his Dad's from Donny, so it's not implausible that he might have been from a Wednesday-supporting family.

15 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Call me old fashioned, but it's really refreshing to have signed a top player who speaks well, has a proper haircut and isn't covered in tattoos

So it isn't just me.