FAO our "fans"

3 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

What gets me is that there seems to be a competition to see who can be the most aggressive with their comments. 'WTF was that' 'Dogs**t performance' 'Disgrace' all used. That's relevant when we lose 8-0.

When we win on here it's like a library.

Not when we beat a Newcastle though.

We expect to win a lot now so what's to say when we beat a worse team?

24 minutes ago, Cersei said:

What you laughing at? He told you to grow the F up!

I was laughing at the thought that because some fans thought it was a sh1 te game - CC and the players agree- and we'll need to play better - CC says we will - that we want Wednesday to lose. I don't think we'll get promoted playing like that. Simple opinion. Perfectly valid. It's a fvc king forum to discuss football - a match during which I nodded off. First time ever for me! 

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Grow the f*ck up. 

I have my doubts about where we will ultimately finish this season, but for Christ sake some of the absolute bilge I have read on this site since our win is absolute disgraceful.

Come to think of it I went through page after page of absolute crap before we'd even kicked a ball tonight. Calls for the manager's head, this player is a sack of sh*te etc...

What the is wrong with some of you?

Do you want to moan and whinge until you are proven right? A self fulfilling prophecy where you can all slap each other on the back and say "I told you so"?

Voicing concerns, doubts, misgivings etc is perfectly valid, but some of our "fans" seem to be almost willing the team to fail at the moment. 

Perhaps some of you need to appreciate the guy who took us within 90 minutes of promotion last season?

To be honest I can't see anyone who wants us to fail. I think some people are legitimately worried about our performances. They'll all be thrilled with 3 points but just because they voice their concerns doesn't mean they're not Wednesday fans. The team needs to perform better, we got lucky last night and I'm thrilled but very worried.

Self fulfilling prophecy is bull, I am certainly not hoping we fail so I can pat myself on the back. You sat that just in case we are right and you can accuse us all of willing that to happen.

For me, the best teams learn lessons even when they are successful and recent weeks have shown we have plenty to learn despite holding on to 6th place for now.

I appreciate where we are but it is my opinion that we should have challenged the top 2 with the players we've recruited and money spent. We are miles off and I'm desperate to be proved wrong on that front.

Had that chance gone in at the death for Wigan I think there would be unanimous agreement that we were very poor and that something is missing whether it's confidence or the right tactics. 

Anyone can play badly, but we have been average at best for a while now. 

I agree with the OP that some fans are petulant and go over the top, but it seems everyone is feeling the pressure as we enter squeaky hass time.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I was laughing at the thought that because some fans thought it was a sh1 te game - CC and the players agree- and we'll need to play better - CC says we will - that we want Wednesday to lose. I don't think we'll get promoted playing like that. Simple opinion. Perfectly valid. It's a fvc king forum to discuss football - a match during which I nodded off. First time ever for me! 

It happens everytime alternative  opinions are voiced that don't sit snuggly in blue and white fluffy bunny heaven.

The only way they can rationalise  opinions that don't  match theirs is to demonise the poster. It shows insecurity and a need for their own opinions to be validated.

Apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Ok lets have a poll.  Who is happy to watch dross but scrape a 1-0 win fairly often?

Thats the whole point. Some people will be and some won't. Life is full of the spectrum of opinions.

Yet still the same people on here continue to have mardy fits at opinions at the other of the spectrum to theirs.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Thats the whole point. Some people will be and some won't. Life is full of the spectrum of opinions.

Yet still the same people on here continue to have mardy fits at opinions at the other of the spectrum to theirs.

As I said last night it seems those who dare question CC or criticise anything he does gets hounded straight away. It's as though it's a written rule thou shall never say anything of a negative nature regarding the manager or team.

The thing about football is that  most of it is a murky shade of grey.

But football fans only see thing black or white.

It's either good or shyte.

I had concerns before the season. 

I was concerned in the summer that we didn't address the full back positions and that we didn't get another centre half in. 

I had a feeling in my belly that Reach's signing would mean Fernando only being considered a striker. 

I was surprised at the signing of Fletcher. 

But it all  happened.

Non of our business was what I'd have done, but it's what we did do. 

Clearly the coaching team are wanting to do things a bit differently to last season. That's their choice until they ser told otherwise.

We've played well and lost....played bad and won. That's the nature of the game. It won't be the first time and certainly won't be the last. 

As a group of people were either on top of the world...or the world is ending.  We don't seem to accept middle ground. 

I know a Newcastle fan who is still saying "If only Keegan had tightened things up up a bit on the run in". 

It's 20 years ago but its still grating him. But that's football.

If they had tightened things up and still lost the title no doubt he'd now be saying "He lost his nerve,  he should have carried on doing what he was doing". Probably saying he'd have rather lost 5-4 etc etc. 

You can't win in this game......even when you're winning. 

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I'd take a 1 nil win any day.

But let's be fair, playing like that we will be relying on luck to get them. You have to have a shot once in a while. 

It'd save me some brass if that's what we reduce ourselves to because if all that matters is the result then I might as well just watch Final Score. 

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Grow the f*ck up. 

I have my doubts about where we will ultimately finish this season, but for Christ sake some of the absolute bilge I have read on this site since our win is absolute disgraceful.

Come to think of it I went through page after page of absolute crap before we'd even kicked a ball tonight. Calls for the manager's head, this player is a sack of sh*te etc...

Do you want to moan and whinge until you are proven right? A self fulfilling prophecy where you can all slap each other on the back and say "I told you so"?

Voicing concerns, doubts, misgivings etc is perfectly valid, but some of our "fans" seem to be almost willing the team to fail at the moment. 

Perhaps some of you need to appreciate the guy who took us within 90 minutes of promotion last season?

It's not as simple as being a clapper or a moaner or whatever the in phrase is. I'm delighted we won but I'm not delighted with the way our talented group of players are being utilised. I feel this group should be easily capable of 3rd instead of scrapping for 6th. Performances like wolves at home and last night are now the norm, the difference is we got away with it last night. 

I sure as hell want want us to win but for 500 quid a year for my ticket and the very expensively put  together squad we have, I feel I have a right to expect so so much more 

Edited by james o connor

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Grow the f*ck up. 

A wins a win FFS. Three points and a clean sheet is a good away result.

Would everyone prefer an entertaining loss ?

These types of result give teams confidence.

If we can pick up 3 points on Friday then 7 from 9 looks a lot better. Promotion form in fact.

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Grow the f*ck up. 

Excellent post mate, the real problem is that most on this website post  comments / views on games they don't even go to. They look at the score if Wednesday haven't got 4 or 5 goals, everything and everyone is bobbar.    UTO 

I'll stick my two pennoth in. 

I agree with everything in the OP. 

Some "fans" seem to thin we have the divine right to beat every team by a minimum 2 goal margin and perform like Barca or Resl Madrid. 

Talk about living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Were playing in the most competitive league in the world. I'll say that again. The most competitive league in the world. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Half the championship is capable of getting into the play offs. The other half fighting to avoid relegation. 

The margin between success and failure astronomical. And before anyone says relegation from the prem is worse then think again. They get a £90m war chest to assist them getting straight back up. 

Sometimes, like last night v Wigan the result far far outweighs the performance. I'd take a scrappy 1-0 victory for the remainder of the season if it meant promotion. 

There are no shoo ins ins in this league for 3 points. Every match is going to be hard fought. 

Do to all the nay sayers and doom mongers I say crawl back under your stone. I'm happy we got 3 points last night. 

8 hours ago, markowl said:

If we'd played Wigan off the park tonight would we have got extra points?

It would have improved our goal difference which could be worth an extra point.

Just saying...

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I'll stick my two pennoth in. 

I agree with everything in the OP. 

Some "fans" seem to thin we have the divine right to beat every team by a minimum 2 goal margin and perform like Barca or Resl Madrid. 

Talk about living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Were playing in the most competitive league in the world. I'll say that again. The most competitive league in the world. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Half the championship is capable of getting into the play offs. The other half fighting to avoid relegation. 

The margin between success and failure astronomical. And before anyone says relegation from the prem is worse then think again. They get a £90m war chest to assist them getting straight back up. 

Sometimes, like last night v Wigan the result far far outweighs the performance. I'd take a scrappy 1-0 victory for the remainder of the season if it meant promotion. 

There are no shoo ins ins in this league for 3 points. Every match is going to be hard fought. 

Do to all the nay sayers and doom mongers I say crawl back under your stone. I'm happy we got 3 points last night. 

If we play like that we won't win all the games 1-0. Play like that against a team in the play offs it's Goodnight Vienna. Look at the final last year -  we played without verve and lost. 

Why do people who worry about performances have to go and crawl back under a stone?  We don't want them to lose we want them to win. We just have a different opinion about how we'all have to go about it. Such a mardy bum. 

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Anybody who thinks winning tonight after that performance means there's nothing negative to say is either a fool or easily pleased with no desire or drive to be better and the best. It's the sign of someone who would be happy with a top 10 finish.

Push for first and as a consolation take 2nd...3rd to 6th is nothing to brag about unless you win the play offs.

im never happy with 2nd or lower in anything, sometimes you get it and have to accept it but it doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to look for failings that can be improved and make 1st possible.

Yes but it's 3 points yaaawn , Hillsborough will be packed to the rafters to watch that ! 

Interesting to note that a fair few of the responses are from people who only have an opinion when we either lose or play poorly. 

Not going to sit here and pretend that last night's performance wasn't dull as dishwater - but we got the win and we move on. I'd love to see us playing some more expansive, attacking football, but I sure as hell am not going to sit here and call for the manager's head before a ball is even kicked. 

Last night we had some of our fans literally losing their minds before we'd even kicked a ball. 

"Why is Morgan Fox not playing (he was injured" 

"Carlos will be getting his P45 soon" 

The above is paraphrasing but it's a pretty fair reflection of a lot of the responses when the team was announced. 

Needless to say we win the game and the most popular threads are ones about how we were rubbish and Carlos hasn't got a clue etc., 

As I said in my original post (which was conveniently missed by a select few): I have my doubts about this season. I'm not sure whether we are playing well enough to get promoted and wish we'd at times play a bit more expansive, less passive. However, I think Carlos deserves some respect for the excellent job he did last season and the fact that, despite a number of indifferent displays, we are (as things stand) in the play offs again. 

Edited by SiJ