Hirstys young un

11 minutes ago, Holmes said:

To the fans who have seen him play in your judgement would you rate him as a good prospect if his name was Smith? 

Genuine question.

Iv seen him play numerous times and have been impressed. 

Jordan Lonchar on the other hand, has scored more for the u18s and definitely has created more and nobody mentions him. 

So yes 100% the name clouds judgement for some, but top premier league clubs won't care less who his dad was. 

Edited by David1867

12 minutes ago, Lee A said:

He's a good prospect regardless of what his name is, he's mobile and a good finisher, just needs to keep learning and developing physically more than anything.

However, if his name was Smith, I doubt there'd be many people saying he should be getting a game in the first team at this stage.

Patience no longer exists in football.

If his name was Smith he might've been given more of a chance? It's a big name on the back of his shirt.  

As for the post earlier about loaning him out, it's a No from me. Keep him here and give him a few sub appearances, starts if he earns em. Much rather have a young hungry exciting prospect that loves / supports the club bursting on from the bench than what we normally use. Just try to imagine what it'll do for him if he scores his 1st professional goal at Hillsborough. 

Depends what his ambitions are

if its to make a fortune and never play a game ,go to Chelsea

if its to play in the odd cup game but end up at a Southampton etc in 5 years time,go to arsenal.

If its to be a idol like ya dad at a club that gave you that chance ,stay a Wednesday

most will choose option A but we will have to see .he's what 17 years old .got time on his side and plenty of time to make a good career

14 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Depends what his ambitions are

if its to make a fortune and never play a game ,go to Chelsea

if its to play in the odd cup game but end up at a Southampton etc in 5 years time,go to arsenal.

If its to be a idol like ya dad at a club that gave you that chance ,stay a Wednesday

most will choose option A but we will have to see .he's what 17 years old .got time on his side and plenty of time to make a good career

This Is the problem with football, if my son got offered the chance I would probably encourage him to take option A, especially at 17 years old as the flip side could be that he may stagnate and never properly make it. Whereas if he takes the money at least he is set up for life. Just my opinion. 

the lad should stay where he is and learn the trade and relish the fact that he got a chance to be part of team his dad played for.many would give their right arm to be in that position .That said if he only got the chance because of his name then that will be found out in the long run ,any way whatever happens good luck to him ,

In an ideal world he continues to develop here with us and - when the time is right - breaks into the first team. 

Would be a crying shame if he's hoovered up by one of the top clubs and is then spewed out a few years later if he hasn't made the grade. 

42 minutes ago, David1867 said:

This Is the problem with football, if my son got offered the chance I would probably encourage him to take option A, especially at 17 years old as the flip side could be that he may stagnate and never properly make it. Whereas if he takes the money at least he is set up for life. Just my opinion. 

I agree mate .its a short career in football.id chase the money while its there .Any of the top clubs would give you wages that teams like Wednesday just couldn't afford to hand out

52 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Your spot on mate, take the money worry about the rest later.

It's good that he's in and around the first team with training and on matchdays. I personally don't want him thrown into the first team picture regularly yet, he's too young. Just think though of the experience he must be picking up in training from the likes of Fletcher, Forestieri and Hooper. On top of that he's got his dad to lean on for advice too.

Maybe the odd sub appearance between now and the end of the season would be good for him but not regularly. Then next season depending on what league we are in we can give him more football or loan him out.

4 minutes ago, akbuk said:

No need to loan him out ,keep him in the fringes of the first team and gradually introduce him ,if he's  good enough he will force his way into the team

If we are in the PL next season I'd loan him out to the Championship.